jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

If you could do anything for your community, what would it be?

1. L a d y f a c e profile image82
    L a d y f a c eposted 6 years ago

Today's world: murder, theft, hate, war, and...kindness? These two magnificent men show the world how it's done.

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/ … ed93-11df-
    b9a6-001cc4c03286.html

If you could do anything for your community, what would it be?

1. classicalgeek profile image89
      classicalgeekposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Bring the arts to every family. Considering that classical music and art improve your health and well-being, that would considerably lower medical costs for many people, and would also reduce crime and violence.

2. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Medic/Hospital/Research donation.

L a d y f a c eposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would love to be able to provide doctors for my community. We're so short on them, the doctor who delivered my baby was also simultaneously the only doctor in the emergency department at the time.

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Completely free it from the deceit of religion and politics. hmm

L a d y f a c eposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Careful Cagsil, logic can get you into a lot of trouble.

/off to imagine such a place..

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol lol

Actually, I would only get into trouble if logic didn't rule my life. And, people wonder what is wrong with the world today, considering 2/3 of the population gives credit to some imaginary god for life and most of those same fools, grant politicians their power based on their irrational belief.

lol lol lol A prime example of the truth about the world.

4. Janna Jones profile image59
    Janna Jonesposted 6 years ago

I would make my comunity leave so this would be a better place. lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Seriously, I wouldn't change a thing. I was born here, moved away and then moved back. I live in the greatest place in the world! jj

5. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Pay for single mothers to get a good education or training so that they could get a decent job. Provide free daycare while they're attending school.

Spay or neuter all the dogs and cats not used for breeding.

Open a completely FREE health clinic that's open 24/7.

Open a FREE vet clinic for pet owners who can't afford to properly care for their animals.

Start a large horse rescue for unwanted equines.

Provide free daycare for low-paid working parents.

Have a giant food bank with unlimited amounts of healthy foods.

Maybe I'll win the lottery and can accomplish my dreams! lol

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Those are some lofty but admirable goals.  I don't think you need to win the lottery to get started on some of them.  Check out my series of hubs on "How to write bylaws for a nonprofit" and you will see how I crafted them in a way where you, as the founder, can maintain control of the organization and create a new career path.

There is money out there and many idle people that would be willing to get the ball rolling. It's community initiatives like those that will help reignite the American Spirit.

6. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
    Rajab Nsubugaposted 6 years ago

I would provide the basic social services like, clean water, health care, quality education, electricity. I would also consider equity in the distribution of resources.

1. BDazzler profile image82
      BDazzlerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What does that mean to you?

Here it means that some of us work hard so lazy people don't have to work as hard, but get the same benefits.

7. BDazzler profile image82
    BDazzlerposted 6 years ago

Nothing that I'm not already doing. With more resources, I'd just do more of the same.

And so would everybody else.

8. Evan G Rogers profile image82
    Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago

re-introduce freedom.

9. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

For my current town, get a halfway decent mass transit system and encourage more walkable neighborhoods.

For my hometown, encourage alternative crops instead of corn, cattle, and soy. Twenty miles south are some of the most famous apple orchards in the Midwest and a major tourist destination for hundreds of miles around. Surely we could start growing nuts or something and turn ourselves into a tourist stopoff on the way, instead of a town whose primary economic activity centers around the bingo hall and the six bars on Main Street. tongue

Also, we need to find something for teenagers to do so their sole form of entertainment isn't going out and getting drunk in cornfields or, god forbid, getting into meth.

working