18 WI Senators Received Death Threats

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (36 posts)
  1. lady_love158 profile image61
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/articl … |FRONTPAGE

Tell me again why I shouldn't refer to the left as evil? No doubt these are members of the teachers union who aren't happy about the new collective barginning agreement passed by Walker and the republican senators that decided to show up for work unlike their democrat coleagues! Sadly it's also likely that some of these threats are coming from the same people that will be teaching WI kids! There's no doubt in my mind that tenure shold be eliminated next in WI if it hasn't yet been!

1. John Holden profile image60
      John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Remind me again of the name of the doctor who was recently killed for performing abortions?

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or the White Supremacy guy who left a bomb at an MLK march...I geuss they were guilty of celebrating a black man.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
          Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or the Hutaree, the Christian militia group who were planning to kill a few police and then bomb the funeral to create anarchy. The Feds intervened when it reached the bomb-building stage. Where was the outrage? Were there Congressional hearings into the violent components of the Tea Party?

I think someone should ask King just that.
            It's selective outrage, that's for sure.

2. b4u2 profile image61
          b4u2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's what im talking  'The guy' 1 guy! He acted on his own,one spoiled the whole bunch.It isn't nessesary to blame all.There's where the labales began and the troubles starts! And I tell you this ranting and raving isn't helping. It just keeps the flames going.We just keep adding fuel to the fire.Faith without works is dead! Volence be-gets-begets. You'es can talk and blame & point fingers wherever whoever you want.Action speacks louder then words.Stop something even if it starts with the news spreading anger towards us! They to keep the fires burning hell'they created the tourch! The rich getting more money here...I am not a dot and i am getting tired of paying ang having them take  my' money & it going to  for just a few dots. And the few dots giving it to more dots that have nothing to do with any dots.This dot is getting tired had enough talk.

A Recent History of Violent Right-Wing Extremism http://woww.it/h8

And I would suggest you direct that tirade of yours to Ann Cee--she needs it more than I do.

2. b4u2 profile image61

Stop READING THE NEWS! I did,well sort of.I believe we should find  away to get what we the ppl want/need and it may stop the madness.This is our Country is it not?Piss the ppl off and what do you exspect.They blame and call the tea party names and this is what they are saying.The left tryes and is grasping  it's pathtic we just want our Country back. Im not active in the tea part and i do agree with most they are saying/doing but i am in the middle it seems.I just want what's right for us!I am in the middle of praticlly all things in life(Goldie Locks) cause i don't want to agree with wrong on any part of what a side may not be right .What?Get labeled something? No thanks,I just am! We need to come to an agreement, one of peace.Is this possible?This is my 2cents worth~

1. b4u2 profile image61

3cents now I will add~Oh'& a PS~The peoples moneys(ours) Is SPENT!They keep telling us they r cutting bugets,what bugget? Whos? Our tax $$$ Are spent by the GOV as they see fit. Nancy Polosei spends it on personal projects as to intertain family & friends at our exspense, on AIR FORCE ONE  no less! I didn't spend my SHARE! Forced donation to KENYA,and other 3rd world Countrys.Iran and them middle eastern Countrys is Obamas friends.If we don't have enough moneys for our own use and they are cutting us short then how can we/they support Obama's home land Kenya!That's what it's wife said,her words.My husbands HOME land.I didn't make this up! We want what we worked/paid/died for,not have it GIVEN to Countrys of their choice! Countrys that we always donated to for years & will NOT help themselves.Worthless waste as you can see~

3. wbfree profile image59
      wbfreeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh yes, the typical hypocritical liberals. They claim to be so loving, and tolerant. They pretend to be civil and they blame others for spouting hate, but all the while they are guilty of the very thing they accuse others of being.

They are lying hypocrites, plain and simple.
      http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4757742_f248.jpg

Either they leave, or they will be asked to do so.
        I bet Arizona would LOVE to have them.

And one of the Democrats said just that: they will leave a wake of damage and destruction so big, he doesn't don't know if it can ever be fixed.

This is what happens when you mix business, greed and political opportunism.

---this was meant as a response to bgamall!!

4. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These senators brought this on themselves. They did not campaign on getting rid of worker rights. I am for peace and I advocate peace, but these senators are destroying the social fabric of Wisconsin. I would leave the state and never come back if I were one of them.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

President Obama receives death threats everyday....what's your point?

3. lady_love158 profile image61
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

Are you looking to justify the behaviour of liberal teachers by pointing to the actions of deranged extremists?  I don't think that makes it right do you? Would you want deranged right wing extremeists teaching your children?

No, I'm not looking to justify anything!
      I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy, you don't say a word in condemnation of extremist support of the right but instantly label any extremist support for the left as typical and all embracing.
      There is nothing to support your contention that the threats were made by teachers , deranged,extremist or even right wing, sorry left wing!

Are you so sure that nobody on the right would make death threats to cast the Unions and the teachers in a bad light?

1. lady_love158 profile image61
        lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure why I have to balance something currently in the news likely perpetrated by liberals with past actions by lone right wing extremists... and I don't see why not doing so would make me a hypocrite. No there's no proof it was the libs but judging by their violent and destructive behavior not just in these protests but at others as well it seems highly likely its them.

"Likely perpetrated"

"Lone right wing extremists"

"Judging by their violent and destructive behaviour"

And that last one really gets me! What violent and destructive behaviour? The only violent and destructive behaviour that you've so far illustrated is a bunch of demonstrators gently waving placards and shuffling from foot to foot!

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

LaLo,
    If you are so interested in the education system in Wisconsin,
    why not move there and be a teacher?
    Or move there and run for office?

She's opposed to right wing extremists teaching!

2. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh no! Too cold! I'm looking to move to where its warm!

I can think of someplace warm you can go. smile

5. AnnCee profile image68
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

One would like to think that teachers would have enough understanding to know that e mails are not anonymous.

1. canadawest99 profile image61
        canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too bad lady_love couldn't get a part time job at walmart selling chinese goods to americans or something so she can get off the hubpages forum and do something constructive.

They don't pay enough! lol

2. Doug Hughes profile image60

I don't agree with making death threats regardless of political affiliation.

LaLo has a selective memory, so the death threats sponsored by the TeaParty don't count. I criticized LMC a few weeks ago for making the assumption that the Tucson shooter was a teabagger. A lot of the liberals said wait and see who the shooter is. LaLo has assumed that the threats were made by teachers, with not a shread of evidence. One wonders how low her credibility can go.

It's worth noting that none of the conservatives have the objectivity to call LaLo out for this post and the wild accusations contained.

3. AnnCee profile image68
        AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One would think. . .

http://www.sobriquetmagazine.com/mc/uploaded_images/Stupid-Teacher-757673.jpg

Hmm, you would think lol

6. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

President Bill Clinton: The Problem with the Peter King Hearings http://dlvr.it/Jy2H6

7. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

The state of Wisconsin is up to it's ears in debt, the state has to make cuts and all the union can say is don't crap in my backyard, get the money from somwhere else. But where are you going to get it from?

That's not true..they agreed to all the cuts Walker wanted....he wanted their blood.

2. Doug Hughes profile image60

If the state has such serious debt problems (and they do)  why did Governor Walker cut taxes? Why did he refuse to negotiate with state employees as many other governors have and do, frequently with good results.

This was an ambush of state workers. Factcheck evaluated the claim that the governor was keeping his campaign promise. FALSE! Walker did not run on a platform of removing collective bargaining.

The teacher's union in WI actually endorsed three republicans who promised to protect collective bargaining and then went back on that pledge.

8. Mighty Mom profile image78

The state was not up to its ears in debt when Walker took office. He engineered this fiscal crisis.
    The union did NOT say "don't crap in my backyard."
    They agreed to the concessions.
    As LMC and others have said, this is government overreaching.
    It's not about solving any financial problem.
    It's about busting unions.
    Pure and simple.
    And evil.

What happens in our current political environment is showing.

In any election, democrats & republicans try to persuade voters to support their ideas. When democrats win, they try to implement those ideas. Case in point - Health Care Reform.

When teabaggers win, they ignore their promises and move to destroy democrats. We used to talk about wingnut eliminationist rhetoric. It's no longer rhetoric. Moderates are seeing it and they don't agree.

9. Mighty Mom profile image78

Now,now, AnnCee.
    Let's not jump to conclusions here.
    Is it possible that the teacher is some kind of Europhile?
    Perhaps she meant "greater" in the sense of "better" not "longer." You know. Like the kilometer is "superior" to the mile because that's the standard used in European countries.
    It could happen! lol

10. bgamall profile image69
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

If Wisconsin was serious about getting out of debt they would form a state bank like North Dakota has. And North Dakota is not a flaming liberal state. The time has come to bypass Wall Street.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)