jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Canada's Leaders Debate!

1. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 6 years ago

Last night I watched the Debate in English, and tonight I'm watching the debate in French.  Regardless of their platforms, my hat is off to the leaders in our country who are able to debate effectively in French and English!

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have not seen the debate yet, I look forward to seeing where Canada is headed. smile

megs78posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think Canada is headed back into a Conservative minority government with Stephen Harper as Prime Minister which effectively takes us right back to where we started.  This election is a farce and a waste of our money.  It makes me quite angry every time I think of it. I'm pretty sure the Liberal government toppled the conservatives because they need to find a way to oust Michael Ignatieff who just isn't cutting it with Canadians.  This was the only way they could.  I appreciate our freedom and the way our government works, but when it ain't broke, why try and fix it?  Everything was going great and now we are not only paying $1.35/litre for gas, we are paying 300 million dollars for an election that will change nothing...because nothing needed to be changed.

1. earnestshub profile image88
          earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ouch! That is a pain in the bum! I thought Canada was going along OK, it has been out of the news, which is always a good sign. smile

Canada was going along well and thats why this election is so frustrating.  It takes all the focus off of recovery economically- speaking and takes good money that could have been used to infuse our health system and throws it at an election that can accomplish nothing.  Maddening!

2. The Reminder profile image65
      The Reminderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Does it mean you won't be voting to Gilles Duceppe? hehe. He can speak english but he is by far the worse of them all.

If you could have seen my facebook update about Gilles Duceppe last night...GRRRR!  This man drives me up the wall!  and I even live in Quebec...

2. DonDWest profile image89
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

I disagree that things are going all rosey posy in Canada. Harper's foreign entanglements could have possibly lead to disaster a few times. He certainly hasn't done much to improve Canada's image around the world.

1. profile image69
      logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Trade ya Obama-even up! smile

2. megs78 profile image59

It would have BEEN a disaster had Stephane Dion been in power.  And I don't think its rosey posey anywhere in the world, but I said I feel 'safe' with Harper as Prime Minister.

3. megs78 profile image59

and I'm not really sure what Canada's image is around the world right now, but after the recession, Canada, in comparison to most countries, was in good shape.  Its funny how when we had a liberal government, we were looked at as a 'non-power' and as non-commital, waffling country and I didn't that was good for our image.  Now, we have a strong government who is not afraid of the US government and is able to take stands and now I hear thats not good for our image?  What should we be like then?

working