Social, Moral, or Civil Decay in the USA?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (66 posts)
  1. Ken Burgess profile image78
    Ken Burgessposted 2 years ago

Here are the headlines:

Michael Rapaport films alleged shoplifting at NYC Rite Aid

San Francisco shoplifting video goes viral

Thieves in LA are looting freight trains filled with packages from UPS, FedEx and Amazon

Shoplifters filmed emptying the shelves of a Chicago Ulta Beauty store on Saturday

Biden administration spending billions to fly illegal immigrants across the country

Illegal Immigration for FY 2021 Already Surpassed Total 2018 Levels - March 2021

Etc. Etc. Etc.

How long does a Society/Civilization continue to function before it collapses when there is no consequences for one's actions?

How long does a Nation exist when there are no borders and no cultural assimilation required of new immigrants?

How long does our government serve the people, when it functions by rewarding incompetence and corruption in its leaders while denigrating any with the moral conviction to try and stand up to it?

1. James A Watkins profile image87
      James A Watkinsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The Democrat Party's goal is the destruction of America to make way for global government.

Ken Burgessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it is ever that simple, unfortunately that is how most people these days break things down... human nature I suppose.

The people trying to orchestrate the "global government", as you put it, are the powers that pull the strings, those that control the key politicians... like Biden, like Pelosi.

The blanket statement that all Democrats work towards that goal is what blinds many people to what is really going on.

You have operatives within a mob that work the Riots we had seen throughout 2020.  Those riots and those issues were created with the aid of the MSM and funding through groups and organizations funded by billionaires.

And you have operatives within our government that spend a lifetime in DC pulling the strings behind the scenes regardless of who is President or what Party controls Congress, some of these people are politicians but more of them are not, they roam the halls of the Pentagon, the CIA, etc.

America is not less prone to propaganda and manipulation than any other nation... and considering the wealth and power residing within America, one should suspect more effort be made to manipulate the masses here in America than anywhere else in the world.

2. profile image68
      KC McGeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

When you have leaders in top levels of government who refuse to uphold the Constitution and other laws of the land, then you will already have "Social, Moral and Civil Decay in the U.S:A:". When the fake president who is a criminal, then what the hell should we expect. When you have top government leaders who skew the meaning Law and Order, then you will already have "Social, Moral and Civil Decay in the U.S.A." When you have Liberal media who spin and censuor Free Speech, then you will already have "Social, Moral and Civil Decay in the U.S.A." When the letter of the Law applies to only one political party and not to all the people, then you already have "Social, Moral and Civil Decay in the U.S.A.".

When We The People no longer have a voice to be heard, then you will already be suffering from "Social, Moral and Civil Decay in the U.S.A.", that our owen government has caused and enforced. There is only one thing which explains the cause of all of this......................Marxist/ Democrats

3. Fayetteville Faye profile image60
      Fayetteville Fayeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"cultural assimilation required of new immigrants."

Say what? Whose culture? What exactly is the"culture" of America if not a conglomeration of the cultures brought from immigrants for hundreds of years?  Sounds like your advocating indoctrination of some kind.

Yeah, goes with the territory of becoming a citizen.

Like learning the language, the laws, and history that makes the country you have made your new home.

Most rational people would expect that of those wanting to live within their borders and partake of the social benefits it offers.

Then again, there is an increasing amount of irrational people in our country, so it is no surprise this concept is foreign to you.

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Does American culture, in your opinion, include Sharia law?  Does it include celebrating purely foreign battles, such as the battle of Puebla, where the French and Mexicans fought?  Does it include starting fights over the display of an American flag? 

It is one thing to bring celebrations such as Christmas, St. Patricks day or other fun days, it is another to celebrate the victory of a different country that has nothing to do with America.  We do not, for instance, celebrate Canada Day even though there are many Canadian immigrants in the country, or Bonfire Night, although there are many British immigrants as well.

It is one thing to try and change American law to fit what a new immigrant wants, it is another to simply enforce the laws of a different country while in America.

It is one thing to remember the country you left, it is quite another to start violence over others celebrating being an American.

Yes, there is an American culture, however diverse and spread out it may be.  That culture changes with time, yes, but it does not simply change to include whatever foreign culture might be desired in the minds of immigrants.

2. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 2 years ago

When we have LEaders who work to destroy the democratic foundation that America rests on deliberately an d to replace that with autocracy and tyranny which what was attempted by Republicans a year ago, from elections officials, congresspeople, including the President of the United States.

I would certainly would include this grevious example to your list and exemplify it as it and was unique and unprecedented.

So, let's have a look at BOTH sides, shall we.

That is my take on it.

1. profile image68

Democrats Stole the 2020 election. In doing so they placed criminal marxist loving biden in office that clearly he did not win. The Democrats stole the election and they damn well ´know it. biden should be in prison, not in the WH. And all those involved in stealing the election should be in prison too. The mean pelois and the rest of her Marxist Democrat thugs

1. Credence2 profile image78
        Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Pure and unmitigated bullshyte.

Trump lost because the minorities within the urban areas in the contested states voted like their hearts depended on it, God bless them.

We are now a force to reckon with, and you had better get use to it.
        None of your narrative is going aware as far as I am concerned,

1. profile image68

"you had better get use to it". Sounds like a threat to me. Will you riot, burn building and loot if we don't. Go for it. We WILL NOT put up with your kingd of BS any longer.

No rioting and burning, we don't need it,  just a determination to use the ballot to the max to make the changes we want to see.

1. wilderness profile image95

An awful lot of "your side" of the country disagrees with you that rioting, burning and destruction are not needed!

Of course, when the "other side" riots and destroys it is an evil beyond description, a clear attack on our country, an insurrection to take over the country.  Using a fire extinguisher and a flagpole as weapons.

"Of course, when the "other side" riots and destroys it is an evil beyond description, a clear attack on our country, an insurrection to take over the country.  Using a fire extinguisher and a flagpole as weapons."

Well, Wilderness, from my point of view, it was.

2. profile image68

Oooooh,So does this mean we will not see seven months worth of riots, burning of cities and looting before the 2022 Election, like we saw just before November 2020 election. Which the Democrats seemed to have no problem and even supported the riots, burning and looting in 2020.´

But Trump got his ass kicked in 2020 without the need for riots, right? We will will "circle the wagons" and eliminate the Right again in the same manner.

Democrats supported the riots in the Pacific Northwest, just as you supported the mindless rabble that attacked the Capitol last year. Yeah, right.

1. profile image68

I believe in the Law. Those responable for what happened at the Capital on Jan 6th should be held accountable, just as I believe those who rioted, looted and burn our cities in 2020 should be held accountable. Nothing more and surely nothing less.

Agreed.....

2. Ken Burgess profile image78

If that is true, I hope they have not settled on what Biden has done as "good enough".

In my opinion the only thing accomplished in the last 8 years or so is 'One step forward Two steps back'... the same issues, the same leadership is back in control that led the people to electing Trump in the first place.

Only now, we have far more serious examples of civil decline and domestic unrest here and abroad.

This is why they wouldn't/couldn't let Tulsi become President... morals and backbone:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=505uQahvKvg

I don't trust conservatives, Ken, and suspect them even when they are dressed in sheep's clothing.

What would you call January 6, 2021?

Over 150 people were injured and deaths were included, did anything in Portland or Seattle approach this?

According to the New York Times:

The Capitol assault resulted in one of the worst days of injuries for law enforcement in the United States since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist ...

That beats a 20 year record, Ken.

Trump and the rightwingers has done absolutely NOTHING to address our concerns, why should I even think about listening to them?

Yes.  There were deaths, there were thousands of injuries in those cities and others.  In spite of you changing "death" (singular) to deaths (plural) as a result of the Capital riot, those in cities were much worse, lasted much longer and did far more property damage as well as personal damage than the Capital riot.

Oh, really? This is where I stand, let me know if you cannot access the article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … d-capitol/

2. profile image68

Yes, BLM and Antifa set up a six block area the called CHAZ in the middle of Seattle During THEIR contro,l four people died from gun shot wounds within CHAZ. This was an insurrection. In Portlland a Federual court house was under seige by BLM and Antifa for over a 100 days in which they attempt to kill Federual Law Enforcement personnel. Antifa and BLM tire to burn down the Federual Court house with police inside trying to defend themselves. This lasted for well over 100 days. Hundreds of Police office were injured. What BLM and Antifa did in both locations was an insurrection. And while all of this was going on, the Democrats said NOTING to stop it. This insurrection in Seattle and Portland in the summer of 2020 was a non issue by the Democrats

This is a double standard and no wounder there's a Social, Moral and Civil Decay in the U.S.A.

Insurrection applies to the national government in Washington DC. A bunch of scraggly dupes that think that they could change Constitutional mandated procedure, so that the klown they supported could just be given a second term?  What happened in Portland is irrelevant to that reality.

Right wingers are cause of any social, moral or civil decay within America.

1. profile image68

That's not true, however I will correct myself on one point. In seattle it was not an insurrection. It was SEDITION. Insurrection can occure on ANY Federual Property. The Federual Court house IS on Federual property. It's a Federual Government build.

" What happened in Portland is irrelevent to that reality." ........perfect double standard.

3. Ken Burgess profile image78

I don't call it a legitimate threat.

You can classify it as a protest or a riot or a bunch of idiots that got out of control as you see fit.

It doesn't step up to the level of insurrection in my opinion, perhaps that is because of my background and experiences overseas... but unless you have armed citizens carrying their rifles occupying government or killing politicians you have not crossed that line.

But if you look objectively at where we stand today... the Truckers movement, increased looting of trains and stores in broad daylight becoming commonplace in some areas, etc. things are not improving.

People shouldn't be looking back at Jan 6th... they should be looking ahead at what is to come if the direction, the decline, continues.

I do call call it a legitimate threat.

So, if it was not a insurrection, what was it?

From Trump on down, the idea was to oppose the will of the American people expressed at the ballot box and give the idiot Trump the presidency. And what was that based upon, specious information without any proof. If that is not tyranny, I don't know what is. Major leadership figures including the President of the United States had "crossed the line". There is nothing in Portland that compares to that.

Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The people and entities that you appear to support are part and parcel of "this decline"

First, I didn't condone or support it.

Second, I didn't absolve anyone of wrongdoing, I stated it didn't rise to the level of insurrection, it didn't.

INSURRECTION implies an armed uprising that quickly fails or succeeds.
                  A violent attempt to take control of a government.

The fools in the Capitol Building were walking around taking selfies and dressed up as Vikings and such, you will never convince me to take such idiocy as a serious threat... I have seen serious threats, that wasn't close to such.

You are being hyperbolic, perhaps you watch too much CNN or MSNBC, people who do have a highly warped view of the world today... not at all in touch with what is really going on.

1. Valeant profile image87
                    Valeantposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That definition of insurrection implies only to you.  It's literally defined as: a violent uprising against an authority of government.  Violence happened on January 6.  People were actively searching for elected representatives to harm.  And a mob of that size was definitely a serious threat on that day.

And as KC notes and Wilderness in previous threads, Portland has to qualify as an insurrection as well as violence was used against government buildings and personnel in those cities.

The differences being that January 6 had that violence during the day, with a population of unmasked idiots, on a building with significantly more surveillance, and in front of most of the nation's media outlets that made it easier to allow for accountability.  Not to mention those that took pride in committing those crimes by posting their lawlessness to social media.

While we all agree that rioters and looters and those that attacked government buildings should be held to the laws of our country, the January 6 crowd made it significantly easier to do.

Adding to your list, you could add those being arrested for threatening our elected officials and elections workers in clear cases of domestic terrorism incited by lies about 2020.

Those who sent pipe bombs to numerous members of the Democratic Party and the media.

Those who helped raise the hate crime rate against Asian Americans thanks to angry rhetoric like calling Covid the 'China Virus.'

You can call me hyperbolic as you please, but what happened on January 6th 2021 was unprecedented. And what makes you believe that your world view is so accurate? Your view is has a strong red taint to it.

Fools that attack the very symbolic heart of our democracy. I would be very concerned and am determined to see heads roll for those held accountable right up to and including the Grand  Pubah himself. Are you saying that this unwashed Rightwinger rabble were not violent nor posed a threat to members of Congress that were in session?

You may say that it was not an insurrection attempt, but conservatives that continue to compare this with other riots annoy me without limit.

We have had riots throughout the history of this country, but never anything like what happened on that January day.

Well lets be fair, there is no rampant looting of shops in Republican stronghold states that I am aware of.

There were no seemingly endless protests (see Portland) or occupations (Seattle) in Republican stronghold states.

During Trump's four years there were no stories about immigrants being bused and flown into cities in the dead of night under the cover of secrecy without state officials even being informed.

While I agree with you the failures of DC, of Congress, can be placed at the feet of both parties, in general there is one Party that seems to be eroding what law and order there is in society, and this can be seen most plainly in the states fully controlled by that Party.

I believe eventually you will see real push back against our government for this, not some idiots rambling through the halls of Congress taking selfies and dressing up like Vikings, not even the more serious efforts shown by the Truckers up in Canada... I am talking real push back, that once is unleashed will become like an avalanche... I don't think electing Biden diverted this tragedy to come, I think putting that corrupt crony in place so that the "establishment" could get back on track all but assured it.

Sadly, you didn't hear or didn't believe my earnest desire to see Tulsi Gabbard elected, someone with the moral fiber and backbone to lead us through a tumultuous time... we had limited options and she was by far the best of them.

Instead we got a relic in cognitive decline thrown in to keep a failing system of a bygone era on its corrupt path.  You don't instigate positive new change by allowing relics like Pelosi and Biden to hold the reigns of power.  The billionaires and the trillion dollar corporations knew this... which is why they are still in place.

Not because YOU wanted it, not because YOU voted for it.  Because THEY made it happen.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
        gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

+1000000000000

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
          Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

THEY are called "planners." They seek to consciously direct economic life. They believe, "idealistically", that the natural competition of a free market system should be replaced with economic planning. However, increasing centralized power through planning, decreases individual liberty/power.  Don't they know that a robust and percolating economy is dependent on the self-directed and self-willed impulses of a free society? Let the people have power through individual liberty, (within appropriate boundaries/laws,) and everything will be fine.

Very true.

Without it how does humanity advance into something better than we see today?

3. Ken Burgess profile image78

Yes we do have leaders that would destroy the democratic foundation that America rests on and they are in full contol today, attempting to destroy it now, even as they yell from the rooftops they are defending it.

Once more, I present to you the best option presented to America to lead us through these troubled times back in 2020, here preaching the truth... which is why the DNC/Party went out of their way to derail her campaign and career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=209ohlbB4to

Having someone with morals a backbone and the wisdom and experience to do the job well was something they would never allow.

They wanted a puppet put in place, hence, Biden.

Yes, I was disappointed in the Democratic nominee as being far too centrist and moderate in a time when a bold progressive stand against the conservatives was needed.

I wanted either Liz or Bernie as my ideal candidates. That is my world view.

BTW, Neither Trump nor any Republican had any morals or backbone, really. Do these "world leaders" include the fascists from the Republican side of the isle, any of Them?

1. profile image68

Deleted

You don't know the definition of Marxism.

Leave it to the Rightwinger to offer insults when they run out of ideas, which is all of the time.

I embrace telling the truth about American History and not sugar coating, but you rightwing types like to call it CRT. Well, we are going to have the truth, although the heavens may fall as a result.

Seeing that you don't see well, is it Mc Gee or Mc Goo?

P.S: Better mind your tone, as we could run you off of the forum.

1. profile image68

Here's some truth about American History. In the year 1653 a every rich man by the name of Anthony Johnson lived in Virgina. He owened a lot of land and owened 5 slaves. One of the slaves was a black man by the name of John Casor. The other four slaves that Anthony Johnson owen were white men.

And for the record, Anthony Johnson was black.

I bet you'll never see that in your truth of American History. I'm sure it will get suger coated.

So?

Is this aberration your point of discussion to make a point contrary to the historical fact? Rightwingers such as yourself will pull in one instance out of a million and make a case equivalent to the other 999,999 examples. Yes, it is dumb, but is still part and parcel of rightwing reasoning.

You think you are clever? Hardly. Any historian knows that the principle of race based involuntary servitude was established well after 1653. Colonial America is not part of this discussion.

Right wingers are most offensive in the fact that they believe that I can't see through them and their true motives. Authoritarianism, fascism and the tyranny that follows is your ultimate goal, but you have to introduce it gradually, with the dumbest within our society gobbling it up first and foremost chasing after the rancid carrot that you taunt them with. That threat needs to be identified for what is and those that make it be eliminated from the body politic.

You don't realize that the firewall so many of you put up and hide behind to conceal your ignorance and bigotry is, in reality, quite transparent.

2. Valeant profile image87

And here's some other truth about history.  Johnson didn't own slaves but had indentured servants.  There is a distinction that you are mischaracterizing when you write, or should I say misspell, owned.

1. profile image68

It's odd that you would say that when those of the 1619 Project (who push CRT) consider all indentured servents in early American History as SLAVES.

So, I guess we can safely state it is the 1619 Project who have mischaracterize who were or were not "slaves".

But lets assume for the moment that you are correct. According to the Virgina court in 1653 did in fact rule that John Casor was OWNED by Anthony Johnson and as a result John Casor remained a slave of Anthony Johnson for the rest of his life.

By you making their same claim here, are you saying you are in support of their theories on CRT that 1619 are making?

The court did rule on Casor being owned after Casor tried to escape his indentured servitude to Johnson.  That outcome was true.  But Casor was not owned prior to that ruling, he was an indentured servant who would have been free once that time of servitude had expired.  Big difference to being owned.

That wasn't who I was advocating for.

Who I was advocating for would have been far better for our country.

You always saw Trump in the wrong way, his presence in the WH could have become a catalyst for real change.

We didn't get real change... instead the corrupt cronyism the worst within DC regained control. 

I don't see things breaking "Left" after four years of Biden, I see things either breaking "Right" ... or perhaps just breaking all together.

Our system has relied on the pendulum swinging from one side to the other, we have been able to maintain our government because of this swinging, this opportunity to rid ourselves of leaders and make changes through voting and term limits.

The system is close to breaking, partly because we have people in Congress that spend decades there who cripple Presidential Administrations from making real change, and partly because voting has become untrusted in the eyes of many Americans.

Many Americans would prefer a ID be required to vote, many Americans would prefer no Mail In Ballots being countable days, weeks, after the actual election. 

Accusations of fraud in the last few elections have grown, people's trust in the results is being challenged, once enough Americans no longer trust the process there will be real revolts, real insurrection attempts made.

I am not so sure that in 3 years time you will not see what you and I will both agree to be insurrection efforts, the Biden Administration has done little to bolster people's trust in the government, or in the election process.

Ken, Trump is, and has always been a tyrant. The President of the United States telling the Vice President to nullify the results of the electoral college on January 6, 2021. Based on what?Truly beyond the purview of the Constitution and totally unacceptable. Rest assured that we will not peacefully settle for a return to the past.

No one is above the law nor can break the rules. When you do that there is little else to redeem you.

We have different opinions as to what is the best course for our country.

If the Right continues to get out of hand with more anti-democratic behavior that will be grounds for revolt in and of itself.

Many Americans(Rightwingers) are content with shrouded racism in the fact that they just as soon eliminate those votes and voters that cast ballots contrary to their wishes.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
              GA Andersonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"No one is above the law nor can break the rules. When you do that there is little else to redeem you."

Hang on to that thought, it looks like some applicable developments are on their way.

GA

I will.....

You know Credence I have to wonder about your deliberate blindness to the corruption within the Dem Party and DNC.

When you look at how they silence the voices within their own party, how they destroy careers.  Whether it was stifling your favorite candidate(s) or mine, I would think you would get tired of the lip service they give while continuing to crush all but the richest of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II7046K9C4E

I have acknowledged your points about the DNC. But the Republicans are not innocent of the less than desirable machinations involved in intraparty politics. The "smoke filled" rooms have been around for some time.

But, again, you are deflecting. There is no equivalent to what Trump attempted to do on January 6, 2021, with any interparty politics, it was far worse and far more dangerous. Is tyranny and despotism, the breach of Constitutional requirements for governance your desire as well?

Trump is fundamentally a tyrant and a coward who was more than content to use others to break the law. Pence was smart enough not be be led astray by Trump. Unfortunately, there are the many conservatives and Rightwingers that are not smart enough, being intent on following Trump into oblivion. You say that this Trump guy and his sycophantic tribe of lemming type followers are just misunderstood? I don't think so, he follows the playbook of every loathsome tyrant that I can think of over the past century. Clean up Washington, you claim? That would be like using a bucket of mud to mop my floor.

I have always had the idea that Conservatives find Democracy incovienient and that they prefer fascism and autocracy. They continue to prove it, every day.

3. emge profile image80
    emgeposted 2 years ago

What I am going to write may not be to the liking of many Americans but the fact remains that Trump should have engineered something by which he could remain in power for10 to 15 years like  Putin and Xi. That would have been good for America

Technically we have had that ever since Bush Sr. and his declaration of the NWO.

Trump was the outlier, Trump was the abbaration.

From Bush Sr. to Clinton to Bush Jr. to Obama there was consistency within the government and Congress... from NAFTA to the Paris Accord it was a continual shift toward Globalism, International Corporatism and Banking being the powerbrokers and decision makers.

Both Clinton and Obama tried to hold to ideals and agendas that they quickly realized they had no real power to implement.  The Clintons left the White House bankrupt and destitute because they tried to do things "their way"... only Trump with his massive ego and billions was able to both disrupt the crony cabal in control of DC and shrug off the financial pressures that could be put on people like the Clintons and Obamas that had no real means prior to entering into politics.

Once they removed Trump everything got back on Track, from the Paris Accord to putting pressure on Russia in the Ukraine to the Global Compact on Migration and moving millions of immigrants into the country.

The only difference between Russia, China, and America is that the people think by electing a new President that they have made a change... in reality the Bush Family, Pelosi, Schumer, etc. have been there for decades ensuring things stay on track... no matter what the people may want... it is why so many Americans are fed up... its why Trump had 75 million supporters... many Americans are all too aware of this reality.

You are right, it is not to my liking. America, sliding into tyranny and despotism is not my preference.

4. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 2 years ago

Yeah, cause Trump taking bribes at his hotel from foreign dignitaries or charging the government massive sums at his own properties wasn't him using government as his own private piggy bank.

The guy exploiting his own supporters for campaign donations that he uses to cover his legal bills is the honest one.

Just the latest example of Trump supporters claiming everyone but Trump is the dishonest one.

Proof, please, that Trump took bribes from foreign dignitaries?  Proof that he charged the government "massive sums" that he didn't before becoming President (except for secret service bills)?

There are plenty of articles covering the amounts foreign dignitaries spent, as well as the House report critical of his administration ignoring those payments, in violation of the emoluments clause.  The amounts over the $182/night the secret service is allocated for housing costs that Trump charged is well documented if you get off your butt and search for them.

5. emge profile image80
    emgeposted 2 years ago

Joe Biden is the symptom and not the disease. America has got an internal disease where in violence seems to be everywhere. Not a day passes without people being shot dead and one sect of people instead of discussion start rioting. Biden as the President was supposed to put a stop to all this but he is part of the game and that is why I feel he will be presiding over the liquidation of the American supremacy over the world.

6. emge profile image80
    emgeposted 2 years ago

This is not all. Biden will also ensure that the quality of life in America goes down for the people's residing; which is very sad.

7. Readmikenow profile image93
    Readmikenowposted 2 years ago

Here is an article about the decay of the once great city of Seattle.

"Seattle is in ‘a criminal and humanitarian emergency,’ baker says as rampant crime forces businesses to close

Seattle Police Department hits 'reset button' after business locations shutter over crime surge"

"Violent crime has plagued the downtown Seattle area for months. The Seattle Police Department's 2021 year-end crime report showed a 20% rise in violent crime, reaching the highest levels in 14 years. Aggravated assaults rose 24%, and robberies rose 18%."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-in-a … s-to-close

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

"They" want us to become a third world country.
    They are succeeding as we sit back and do nothing ...
    As we let everything our ancestors and forefathers worked so hard for, be taken. They brought into manifestation, the greatest country on the face of the earth, however, the mechanical and technological inventions which brought so much power and ease into our lives have also given us an entitled mentality. We take everything for granted. We hardly know what creativity, inspiration, ambition and greatness are any more. The red carpet toward it all has been rolled up. No, a society that has become overly soft, lackadaisical and cavalier will not ride forth gloriously into the future.
    Instead it will become, The Road.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO8EqMsxOiU

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)