jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Who to BLAME?

1. sarasotadui profile image61
    sarasotaduiposted 5 years ago

I've been hearing news about these deadly and notorious accidents which brutally killed many innocent people on the streets. All are  due to some selfish, self-satisfying "small-party-holiday" without knowing the consequences that lies ahead. All are innocent and ignorant including the "doer" of the crime.

Who to blame?

Is it the person who was charged of the DUI who woke up the next day without any knowledge of what he had been done? Is it the girl crossing the street? The party? The beer?

1. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi there, SarasotaDUI.  I’m not sure if I’m addressing a lawyer or the entire firm but welcome to Hubpages just the same. I realize my opinion comes with a lower fee than yours, but I will share it anyway.

I would hesitate to ask, “Who is to blame?” I prefer, “Who is responsible?”

From the driver’s perspective, there is no excuse for choices and/or behavior that leads to impairing the operator’s ability to control the vehicle at all times. In most DUI incidents, the driver usually bares most of the responsibility.  I would then leave it to lawyers and juris prudence to measure the minute responsibility that might be shifted to the victims.

That’s my opinion and it comes at no charge. It’s probably worth less than what you have to pay for it.  I hope your forum post draws the attention to your firm you are seeking.

2. Awkward Turtle profile image61
      Awkward Turtleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Driver. If you're going to party, that's all fine and good. But drinking and driving is dangerous, society is well aware of that now.

1. sarasotadui profile image61
        sarasotaduiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would agree with you...  yikes

2. sarasotadui profile image61
    sarasotaduiposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the very useful opinion Quilligrapher....

I would agree that the question was rather asked "Who is to blame?" and I would agree that most of the responsibilities lie on the driver's side rather on the victim's. But it depends on the gravity of the crime the doer has done. We have certain points to consider when the person is really liable of the charge and it is through lab tests and other measures that would say that the person is indeed DUI...

Best regards  :-)