jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Fourth woman accuses Cain of harassment

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Fourth woman accuses Cain of harassment
    Fourth woman details sexual harassment allegations against Cain
    By msnbc.com's Michael O'Brien

A fourth woman, Sharon Bialek, leveled new allegations of sexual harassment against Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain at a press conference on Monday.

Bialek, a former employee of the National Restaurant Association's educational foundation, accused Cain of making an inappropriate advance toward her in 1997, when she visited Cain in Washington, D.C. to seek his assistance in finding a new job. She appeared at a press conference arranged by attorney Gloria Allred.
    well if Gloria Allred is involved ,it MUST be serious...serious money to be made...

1. Alecia Murphy profile image90
      Alecia Murphyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Stacie L, I totally agree with  Gloria Allred and serious money smile! But besides that, I'm starting to smell a rat. It'd be something like if it was one woman, but four.. I don't think it's a coincidence anymore.

2. KBEvolve profile image83
      KBEvolveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Gloria Allred and the time gap between the alleged offense and now makes me skeptical. At least this one has details though.

2. yellowstone8750 profile image61
    yellowstone8750posted 4 years ago

He is  shooting star anyway!

3. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 4 years ago

Headhunters. Politics are so dirty.sad

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

It could be 'not a coincidence' in that sexual predators have a pattern and so those in late middle age have multiple targets, rather than it is a dastardly plot.  I don;t find it hard to believe he hit on a gal that ask for career help. In the eighties that wouldn't even necessarily be seen as harassment because she wasn't working for him and it didn't go far enough to be sexual assault.

1. yellowstone8750 profile image61
      yellowstone8750posted 4 years ago in reply to this

He won't be on the ballot anyway!

2. Mighty Mom profile image91
      Mighty Momposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had a regional vice president "not" assault me in the '80s.
      I didn't work for him, but did work for the same company.
      We were at a work conference, in an elevator. He reached over to put his hand on my breast.
      Lucky for me it WAS the '80s as I had a hard pack of Newports in my pocket so he missed his copped feel.

Does that qualify as sexual harassment?
      Sure felt like it to me.
      Unwanted sexual advances from a position of authority/power to a person of lesser authority/power is NOT OKAY.

5. Ralph Deeds profile image70
    Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago

Cain is "dead meat!"

Cain's accuser, Sharon Bialek.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/08/us/po … ge.html?hp

6. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago

Clinton killed the sex scandel. No one cares anymore. Even Sarah Palin has guys coming forward saying they had affairs.

7. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 4 years ago

Let's see.  If this was women coming out accusing Obama of the same thing, they would all be painted as racist bigots out to get the black man.
    It wouldn't suprise me if he did have some culpability, but I sure am curious why they waited this long.  Was it for the money or did they just remember that it happened?  He has been a candidate for several months and to my knowledge, not one of them spoke out when he announced his candidacy.  Only when he started to get some traction in the polls, did they speak up.  Ulterior motives or not?  Someone or something else behind it?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image70
      Ralph Deedsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why did Bialak wait so long? Apparently she decided at the time not to make an issue of Cain's harassment. This is normal. Most women don't file complaints. Now that Cain is denying any and all allegations of harassment I don't find it illogical at all for her to come forth with her story. Plenty of years old cases of sexual abuse by priests are coming out of the woodwork.

8. Moderndayslave profile image61
    Moderndayslaveposted 4 years ago

Sometimes a little power goes to peoples head. Cain seems like he fits the bill.You know,"If your not a millionaire it's your own fault" That seems a little arrogant. Some people proudly choose to serve the public or work in a trade where they might not become a "Millionaire" so let's inflate prices and cut their pay so we drive them into the ground. This is all we need,another corporate puppet leading this country.

9. Evan G Rogers profile image83
    Evan G Rogersposted 4 years ago

The second I heard he was a central banker I knew he was a crook.

This should surprise no one.

"Rich powerful man who can control the money supply and is heavily intertwined with politics was a sexual guy".

This isn't news, but I'm glad it's wrecking his presidential bid.