What has happened to the world?

1. Nexis19 profile image61
    Nexis19posted 4 years ago

Every morning, while in the car I listen to the news and hear reports about people being killed and family's dying in fire's. Twenty years ago this would have been talked about for months on end. In modern society however it barely stays on our mind for more than a few minutes! Of course there will always be that one special case that shocks the world but it wont be long before people get back to discussing politics and an Italian who claims that he is having sex every night and that women are queuing to have sex with him.

This has gotten me thinking... what happened to this world? There is death in the news every day and yet we as human beings barely manage to care. Is it that we are becoming more tolerant of death and murder? Or is there another reason? Please i beg you to tell me your opinions on the matter.

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about anybody else, but I for one would rather NOT dwell on death and murder, but I also don't care about who is having sex with whom or how often either.  In this modern age, we are bombarded with more information than we can ever process, our time is limited, and our attention spans are short.  I think crimes get more media coverage today then they ever did.  If people are talking amonst themselves less, its probaboy because of media overkill and the internet.

2. barryrutherford profile image36
    barryrutherfordposted 4 years ago

Death is final death is absolute. There is nothing we can do except bury dead. Once one is dead we are dead.  We cannot unscramble the DEAD