Are you having sex?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (22 posts)
  1. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 2 years ago

People Have Been Having Less Sex

Researchers have become alarmed at declines in sexual activity around the world, from Japan to Europe to Australia. A recent study evaluating what is happening in the U.S. has added to the pile of evidence, showing declines from 2009 to 2018 in all forms of partnered sexual activity, including penile-vaginal intercourse, anal sex and partnered masturbation. The findings show that adolescents report less solo masturbation as well.
    Between 2008 and 2018, the percentage of Americans between the ages of 18 to 29 not having sex doubled.

In 2021 findings reported by CNN, nearly 26% of adults said they didn't have sex once over the past 12 months, according to the General Social Survey.

Human sexual activity affects cognitive function, health, happiness and overall quality of life—and, yes, there is also the matter of reproduction.

Global Fertility Rate

Is this why so many people are so angry and crazy all the time? But, seriously, the world already faces an alarming drop in the fertility rate. Do you think this will get worse? What other effects will it have for society? What's your take?

1. Castlepaloma profile image77
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, sex is important as eating and sleeping.

The power to be aim is to depopulation the world. It's worked from the 1950s to one third of the members of the family today.

Vaccines are other another step of depopulation and separate people of the world.  As an unvaxxed person I've been kicked off two dating sites and no place allowed to take them out.

2. Nathanville profile image93
      Nathanvilleposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes I am, and I am happily married.

However, Castlepaloma concerns about over population and the need to take drastic steps to depopulate the world is unfounded:-

Throughout the ‘Industrialised Nations’ fertility rates and birth rates have been dropping quite dramatically over the past few decades; and although the birth rates are still rising rapidly in the poor nations, there’s plenty of indications to suggest that within the next generation or two that their birth rate will also start to fall naturally.

The average family size in Britain has fallen from 2.4 children per family in the 1970’s to 1.7 children today; hence why we have a shrinking native population in the UK.

Declining fertility will mean the world's population will fall:  https://youtu.be/4s7sW5gXvws

https://youtu.be/kZhK8gQAgSk

I think UK birth rate is lower than that because India has the highest birth rate in the world with 2.4. The greatest reason of population explosion is because the average life span is age 72 and 60 third world countries are doubling the US economy growth. The baby boomers used vaccines to  depopulate when I was a kid from 5.50 to 1.8 in Canada. It's why its the most immigrated country in the world.  The tries the same vaccination on our baby boomers as they are using in Africa to depopulated them. That is why they refuse Vaccination.

1. Nathanville profile image93

No, as I stated above, the current birth rate in the UK is 1.7 children per family (and declining):  For a stable and sustainable population you need around 2 children per family.

As your video link shows, the UK is not unique in having a low birth rate and declining population; it’s a problem/issue that’s endemic across the world; and for the reason stated in your video.  The declining birth rate has nothing whatsoever to do with vaccinations (that’s, as an anti-vaxer, is just misinformation on your part):

For Canada:-

•    Back in 1851 the birth rate in Canada was 6.56 children per family, but then child mortality was much higher.

•    In the past century, the birth rate reached its peak in Canada in 1959 at 3.94 children per family.

•    In 1971 the birth rate in Canada had fallen to just 2.1 children per family, and has continued to steadily decline since, so that -

•    Currently, in Canada, the birth rate is just 1.61 children per family.

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

Just a short speech on sex

It gives me great pleasure

Thank You

Sex it a great part of population. The governments and religion plays a huge roll in the freedom or suppression of sex..

Baby boomer started in 1946 0f a population 0f 12 million today is 38,278,986 . I should had said since baby boomer the Canadian members of the family grew more than tripled here in Canada. I remember a ton of different vaccines when I was a kid, today not so much, until covid. Not putting blinders on, over generally facts, Especially when my sex life and many other are effected on what the Governments gives out on covid sexual manual . On telling us what and how we must perform sex in our private bedrooms , I'm Not going to do triple masks and butt plugs for covid farts.

2. IslandBites profile image89
        IslandBitesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You're right.

Falling fertility rates mean nearly every country could have shrinking populations by the end of the century.

And 23 nations - including Spain and Japan - are expected to see their populations halve by 2100.

https://hubstatic.com/15895252.jpg

3. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

My take? What the hell, Islandmom asking if we are having SEX!

I just had to click. And then, you capped the day with your question: "Is this why so many people are so angry and crazy all the time? "

Coming from `sweet little 'ol you' that was priceless. ;-)

GA

big_smile
        (You didnt answer. )

But, you know is true. Ha!

Research shows that having regular sex can result in certain health benefits, including improved immune system function, reduced blood pressure, lower stress levels, and less risk of cardiovascular events. Learn more about the health benefits of sex here.

People may get some of the physiological benefits of sex — such as reduced stress — from masturbation.

In males, prostate health can benefit from frequent ejaculation, whether this is with another person or alone. A 2016 study found that men who ejaculated at least 21 times per month had a lower risk of prostate cancer compared with those who ejaculated 4–7 times per month.

For females, frequent sexual activity — again, either with a partner or solo — can strengthen the pelvic floor muscles that support the bladder, improving bladder function and reducing incontinence and leakage.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
          GA Andersonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing. I think that is a little more than I want to know.

GA

LOL

But, do you think the fertility rate will get worse? I was kinda joking with hubby, questioning if will we (human race) become asexual beings in the future? It wont be the Zombie Apocalypse...

Anyway, I suppose that countries with lower fertility rates will become more diverse if they want to exist in the future.

Or as a species, we could end up like the Pandas, lol:-

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/01/worl … e-sex.html

1. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't like bamboo...

Cool, I'm sure it's an acquired taste!  smile

2. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps Asimov saw our future and Earth will become another Solaria.

4. Sharlee01 profile image80
      Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

"Is this why so many people are so angry and crazy all the time? "

You are on to something. I mean one's mood is such a big part of sex, is it not? And when one's mind is bogged down with all kinds of crazy, it certainly could put one into a dry spell. Sex can leave one relaxed. It can remove the everyday BS in your mind.  Sex releases the feel-good hormones, endorphins and oxytocin feel-good hormones. Stress release all the bad ones...

2. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 2 years ago

Oh God, no. I made a thread about something other than Trump/Biden or "Boo-hoo Vaccines Evil"... and here we go again. neutral roll

I can't help it , I love knowing things. I replace political and religious things with healthy food ,freedom and affordable housing and in a self governing community it takes up my vast majority of time.

Please continue,  don't talk about Trump and Biden, it only gives them more power.

It would be fine if you didn't keep trying to spread vaccination misinformation; and just stayed on topic for this forum!

^This. smile

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

You mean, like, right this minute? big_smile

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)