What Have We Done To America, Why We Should Be Ashamed.

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
    crazyhorsesghostposted 12 years ago

It is really sad where we have come to as an American People as we have traveled down a politically correct road on our journey to where we are at now.

We watched as all of the American Textile Jobs were sent over seas. Do you even remember , " Made In The U.S.A. " Every day or two I drive through some of the cities around Charlotte North Carolina that used to be Big Textile Cities with hundreds of thousands of jobs and today those cities are little more than Ghost Towns.

We need to demand as an American people radical changes that would change America for the better. We need to ban all Textile imports into the United States. And we need to legalize marijuana and collect tax money from it. Can you even begin to imagine if tomorrow we stood up as an American people and demanded a ban on Textile imports and the legalization of marijuana.

Those two things would help to create more jobs for the American people than any thing else else in the history of the United States.

We need to kick out all the current Democrats and Republicans and demand a new party that would be for America first. I don't care about the starving children in other countries. I care about the hungry children here in the United States. I don't care about homeless people overseas. I care about 15.000 homeless people living on the streets of New Orleans.  What do you think that people like Eisenhower, those Kennedy Brothers and others would think about the current state of political affairs here in the USA. I seriously think they might call for revolution. May be we need a revolution. One to throw all the current Republican and Democratic Bums out of office. 

You see every night I see hundreds and often thousands of people line up for a meal right here in the United States. And I don't see any Republican or Democratic Candidate jumping up and down and raising hell about that. No they want to continue their politically correct games and keep your mind off the important issues. I say throw all the bums out of office including the so called Tea Party. Have you ever seen a dumber group of people. Come on people get real. Lets stand up for America first and to hell with the rest of the world.

1. Quilligrapher profile image74
      Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Howdy Ghost,

I am impressed by your hub count. Nice work!

Okay, let’s get real! If I join you in demanding all that you mention above, then what happens? There is nothing in the Constitution that grants you or me the right to demand anything. Your “solutions’ are not viable. Do you have any other strategies besides demanding? Will you run for a seat in the Congress? Have any ideas that might actually work?

Thanks for your post, Ghost. I must read some of your hubs.

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
        crazyhorsesghostposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't see why we could not vote as an American people to ban textile imports and legalize marijuana. We keep the American Justice system clogged up with drug cases and the way the current legal system is structured it is anything but fair. Those with lots of money do little if any time while people with no money get sentences stiffer than those people committing murder would get.

I see no reason to keep locking people up for drug crimes. Make it all legal and tax it. If we were to do that on a nation wide basis it would clear up the court system over night.

I know some of my ideals may seem out there to some people but we are going to have to get radical if we are going to change America. Or we can continue to do more of the same like we have been doing and watch as the situation gets worse and worse.

I really think that if it were put to a vote that the majority of the American people would gladly pass a law that not one dime could be spent outside this country as long as we have one homeless or hungry child in this country.

And I really think America needs to stop trying to be the police to the world. We should keep our noses out of other peoples politics or we should completely destroy any country that attacks us and leave it that way. If we would tell countries like Iran that if you don't surrender your nuclear program we will bomb you to the stone age and leave you there we would not have to bomb over one or two before the bullcrap would stop.

It is going to take changes like this if America is going to continue. We can not continue the way we are or eventually the United States will become a third world country.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)