The Unfairness of Denying US Tourist Visas To Decent Jamaicans

1. cptkapsi profile image60
    cptkapsiposted 4 years ago

The issue that I am venting about is the denial of US tourist visas to decent Jamaicans because I have been trying to bring my Jamaican girlfriend for a visit, since 2009. She has gone through the interviewing process with our embassy; has been denied twice. I understand that our government is very strict about keeping the undesirable element out of the States; it does not seem fair for the desirable element to be denied arbitrarily by the Embassy staff.

She has no criminal record, property, and is gainfully employed. Is it fair to  deny her a visa just to visit the United States? This woman is a decent law abiding citizen who just wants to visit the United States. In investigating this, I found out that the applicant is at the mercy of the interviewer, who arbitrarily
    has the right to approve or deny.

What I am stating is that there needs to be leniency in the interviewing process to grant decent Jamaicans a visa. This immigration issue tends to place a strain on long distance relationships. There has to be fairness in granting visas to decent Jamaicans.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You say she is gainfully employed. Maybe her employer can step in and vouch for her.