jlpark profile image 90

Sexuality - is there really a choice?

Many people - often who have concerns with homosexuality - comment that "it's a choice". So, if people are so sure - I'd like to know how they are so sure: is this a choice you have personally made? To be straight? Because in order for homosexuality to be a choice, heterosexuality must also be a choice. I mean this in the most polite way - I'm curious, please enlighten me. I'll save my thoughts for later. PLEASE NOTE: I will not put up with people coming here just to insult people by name-calling, from either side. Understood? Polite, thoughtful conversation only...

chef-de-jour profile image91

Best Answer Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 3 years ago

Thank you for your insightful answer.

Everyday Miracles profile image93

Becki Rizzuti (Everyday Miracles) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 3 years ago

Thanks for your answer. A question - are you saying that whilst the preference is not a choice, whether to act on it is? Do we take this to mean that if pref is SS then the choice people say is 'wrong' is acting on it? What do you make of this?

inaniLoquence profile image88

inaniLoquence says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 3 years ago

Granted, that is what you believe - but did YOU personally CHOOSE your sexual preference? Did you think "right, I will be straight, because it is good for God?". Do you recall this decision? Was your sexuality a choice - is what I am asking

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 3 years ago

Thank you for your answer.

windygreen profile image60

Valerie (windygreen) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 3 years ago

Thank you for your answer, Windy!