dashingscorpio profile image 84

Women: Is "commitment" about feeling like your partner is going to be with you for the long haul?

Or is it really about having (legal/financial recourse) if things don't work out? It's often said that men are "afraid" of commitment and yet just about every man does get married. In fact 2 million weddings take place in the U.S. each year usually after a (man) has proposed. It's been reported that (women) initiate 66% of all divorces. I suppose one could say maybe men are afraid of divorce and not commitment.

0

Best Answer SandCastles says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 3 years ago

SandCastles, You made some valid points. I think there are people that marry expecting it to be different from what it turns out to be. If 66% of divorces are initiated by women it appears they are the most unhappy. Choosing the "right mate" is key.

abbykorinnelee profile image80

Abigayle Malchow (abbykorinnelee) says

• dashingscorpio profile image

dashingscorpio 3 years ago

Some marriages are a mistake pure and simple! Maybe they were age 18, there's physical abuse, alcohol/drug addiction, spousal rape, secretly gay, or living in a personal hell. I don't believe one has to commit to unhappiness. Life is too short!