Billie Kelpin profile image 88

Dear Husbands, Please translate: "I can't tell you my feelings."

Please explore in depth what exactly that statement means. Could that feeling have originated in childhood? Is it a learned reaction? If so, who is the first person (before your wife) who made you feel that way? Is your wife the only person you feel you can't tell how you feel? What is so fearful abt expressing what you feel? Does this have to do with reigning in anger? Inquiring minds want to know!

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 22 months ago

M.T. Dremer, I like your approach to this subject. It makes that statement feel less of a crisis or an indictment of the recipient of the comment and more of a condition of thought process and style of the person saying the comment!

arksys profile image92

Irfan (arksys) says

Kylyssa profile image92

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 22 months ago

I agree that the responses we receive in childhood on expressing our feelings might have a great impact on how well we are able to express them in adulthood. Interesting point fear of hurting feelings might reflect how important those feelings are

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 22 months ago

lots of interesting thoughts here from various perspectives and possibilites