savvydating profile image 85

Are you comfortable with flirting? Why or why not?

Studies show that women initiate flirting 90% of the time. Although men seem to do most of the pursuing, they actually do so because they perceive that women invited their advances through flirting. As an aside, flirtatious people have higher white blood cell counts, which improves health and immunity. Also, to be a brilliant flirt, a person needs to approach it as though they can’t fail. Flirting is all about attitude. So the questions remains, do you flirt or is flirting a no-no in your book.

Jodah profile image85

Best Answer John Hansen (Jodah) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

The way you described flirting is how it is meant to be---a natural exchange between people who are having fun. It was not meant to be a suggestive "come-on." Flirting is meant as a compliment and a way to express our emotional selves without fear.

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

You're funny, Tim. Flirting at work is pretty much taboo these days. In fact, flirting anywhere often causes communication problems. That makes me sad. That being said, I liked your comment about etiquette and "emotional awareness of human sexuality"

LoliHey profile image80

Lolita Monroe (LoliHey) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

No. You seem perfectly charmimg. Why is it a no-no? Is it just the rejection thing or is it something else, Lolita?

AshtonFirefly profile image82

AshtonFirefly says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

Ashton, I appreciate your honest feelings about flirting. I suspect that many sincere women have the same sentiment that you do. Where you and I differ is---I believe flirting need not be a form of manipulation. That idea is an American construct...

word55 profile image82

Word (word55) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

I agree that gaming should not be the intention, Word55. But as Jodah suggested, flirting is really just a compliment. However, if flirting has had negative repercussions for you, then I imagine it is best that you flirt only with a chosen few.

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

Unfortunately, I find that I do not flirt much lest my meaning be misconstrued. However, flirting was originally intended to be a compliment. Nothing more. Nothing less. It's too bad that flirting is no longer a natural and happy activity in America,

Say Yes To Life profile image84

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

Lol. I know you, Yoleen. Just be careful with the young ones. But seriously. as I mentioned, flirting does make your white blood count higher. You are right about choosing to flirt only when it is appropriate. ;)

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

Actually, women do initiate flirting nearly all of the time. But you are right, flirting is sometimes viewed as "creepy." And often it is! I wish Americans were more like the French, where flirting is culturally accepted, and very, very natural.

findbes profile image61

findbes says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

findnrs..,,.flirting does have an emotional quality. No question there.

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

That's cute, peachy. Some of us are very bashful and that's Ok. Just keep in mind that flirting can take a few seconds and it doesn't have to be over-the-top sexy. If it feels uncomfortable to you, don't worry about flirting. ;)

yecall profile image75

yecall says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

yecall..Hard to say why you stopped flirting. Maybe you were taken the wrong way by the receiver or you may have begun too feel shy or less confident for some reason. Hard to know. My advice is to flirt among friends where no one gets the wrong idea.

0

Cissy1946 says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

I wish Americans were more open to flirting---without worrying about "weird" repercussions. But alas, it would seem that only the French have this ability. Love you answer, Cissy.;)

cordelius profile image29

Andre Cordelius (cordelius) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

Great answer, cordelius! I think your words are very wise.

23

peter565 says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 8 months ago

That's true Peter, nor should flirting be viewed that way (that she likes you) . It was originally meant to be fun---a way to compliment someone and then be on your merry way.;)