jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Pass to Cheat on your spouse?

1. Farawaytree profile image87
    Farawaytreeposted 11 months ago

Just to clarify, giving your husband or wife a "pass" to "cheat" would not be cheating. Right???

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 11 months ago in reply to this

You are correct!
      Cheating means to "break the rules".

Generally speaking it involves deception, secrecy, and betrayal.
      If someone gives their spouse a "pass" to have sex with others that would be defined as an "open marriage".

Even with that they still might have "rules" such as no having sex with any of my relatives, friends, co-workers, or anyone I personally know.

You later find out your husband is having sex with your sister or cousin. Even with a "pass" that would be considered cheating.

Other rules might be "Don't have sex with others in our house or bed!"
      Another rule might be don't have unprotected sex or conceive children.

The only way to eliminate the possibility of cheating is to eliminate all rules! As long as there are "rules" the opportunity exists to break them.

There are lots of people who may not be sexually compatible with their spouse and yet they don't believe it means they should divorce.
      Some of these folks have allowed their spouse to have sex with others as long as they were "discrete" and didn't embarrass them.

Oftentimes this was called: "Looking the other way."
      There is no such thing as a "universal deal breaker".
      Whatever scenario we can imagine someone is living under those conditions without having any plans whatsoever to leave their spouse!

Not long ago there was a woman whose husband was a quadriplegic.
      It was discovered that she was on Ashley Madison the site for affairs.
      Although her husband had not given her a "pass" she chose to cheat in order to STAY and continue to take care of him. She noted if she would have been forced to ignore her sexual desire and need for romance & physical intimacy she would have put her husband in a nursing home.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 11 months ago

Most couples talking about "passes" are joking.  So you would want to be sure that they mean it (mentally), and will actually be okay with it (emotionally).  Saying "but you said it was okay" will be small consolation if it destroys the marriage anyway.

Good point psycheskinner. Many couples do joke about giving passes especially if they believe it's unlikely their mate would ever have an opportunity to be for example with an "A list" celebrity.

I would imagine an attractive woman though has a better odds of having sex with her favorite male celebrity than a guy would have his favorite female celebrity. smile

3. Kiss andTales profile image30
    Kiss andTalesposted 11 months ago

New World Translation
    Mt 19:6 So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.”

Ec 4:12 And someone may overpower one alone, but two together can take a stand against him. And a threefold cord cannot quickly be torn apart.

You see not only did you vow to each other but you also made a vow to the Heavenly Father.
    There is no one else that should be in your marriage but God , you, and your husband.
    This is a moral standing before God.

I would imagine God didn't play cupid in most couple's marriages.
      Anyone who is "in love" with their spouse doesn't want to share them.

Whenever one offers a "pass" to the other it means they're not "in love".
      They may care about you & they're comfortable with the living standard.

4. Farawaytree profile image87
    Farawaytreeposted 11 months ago

Yes, I started this discussion due to a certain entertainer making headlines today in the media saying she gave her husband a "pass" to cheat. I thought, "How silly, if you gave him a pass, it's not cheating!"