Do you often fight or argue with your partner because of ego problems?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. saideepa profile image60
    saideepaposted 13 years ago

Often I argued only to realize that the more we fought, we drifted apart, so i gave in , forgot my ego and try to adjust for the better good of my family.

2. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Ego issues suggests strong personalities to me. Why are you fighting and arguing? I have differences with others, doesn't mean I have to get into fights with them. People are allowed to have different opinions. People can disagree with me if they want to. Even I can be wrong too sometimes. But that goes for just about everyone, I guess. Not all relationships come with a guarantee of no conflict. Not everyone will side with us or agree on every big or small thing we say we want or insist on. We get by as long as we allow some give and take. We have to work hard to learn to express u=ourselves to partners so we don't hurt their feelings. Especially when we love our partners. Tip - "seperate the person from the problem". In short, divide the problem into 2 parts, the person, and the problem, and deal with the problem without hurting the person. Yes, it is hard to learn. But with practice, it works. I can say to my partner I have an issue with the words coming out of their mouth - but without putting my partner down or hurting feelings. It takes ego out of the picture. I hope this helps. Cheers.

Cassy.

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I've written a hub on Ego and How to see past it, if that helps.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Character-Educa … ee-Past-It

4. profile image0
    ssaulposted 13 years ago

oh yea, i tired of having the same argument all the time.

5. jimmy yang profile image59
    jimmy yangposted 13 years ago

no,but occasionally !
    sometimes,I even made my mom agreed with me ans made her sad !
    I feel very sorry about that !Even now,when I think of my dear mom,I will feel sorrry about my actions ! Why could I make she sad ?Why should I show more respects to them ?
    If I have a child,how should I do to teach him/her to respect my parents?How should I do to let my child to respect his/her parents ?
    If we want to get something from our child,whydonot we give the same thing to our parents ?

6. Jaggedfrost profile image59
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

Otherwise said, Cheeky is single.  I imagine in most relationships, someone decides to stow their pride and the other dominates to some extent.  In current society it is more correct for the woman to do so.  In a relationship of equals, it doesn't have to be a fight though sometimes it gets to that point but compromise usually follows a demonstration of who feels the most strongly about the issue.   Sometimes that takes a clash of the egos to figure out.  In such cases fights do happen every now and again.  However, this being said, if there is a fight, there must be a reconciliation and an increase of love afterward or the fight only puts a notch between you and your loved one that may cause more damage then the contest of wills itself might have.

7. Cheeky Girl profile image66
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

In a relationship with two very strong personalities due to egos, there will be more conflict than in a relationship with one strong ego and one less strong ego. We learn to filter and to observe ourselves doing things and recognise the signs. There is give and take in every relationship. It takes work and patience and time. If we really have strong and loving feelings for that special person in our life, then it is worth making some sacrifices. We reap what we sow.

8. Jaggedfrost profile image59
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

I will take that as a confirmation.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)