jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Why was John the Baptist's head placed on a charger?

1. andrew savage profile image59
    andrew savageposted 3 years ago

American King James Version: Matthew 14:8
    "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, Give me here John Baptist's head in a charger."

1. 61
      Lie Detectorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Charger=Tray,Platter

andrew savageposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Spark plug= fork and knife. Epod= book that reads itself. Cherubim= flying saucer- er I mean dragon lizard queen.

1. 61
          Lie Detectorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You take issue with words that you don't understand?

The word "charger" originated around 1275 - 1325 from the Middle English "chargeour". Formerly, a charger signified either a large platter or a large, shallow dish for liquids.

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I assume to show it off, to use it as an example to anyone else who dared oppose the king, or the woman who talked him into decreeing the death of John.   John had told the King that he was doing wrong.

It was probably the first, and most glaring, example of how people are persecuted because they believe in the Christian God and are bold and fervent enough to warn people about sin.   John the Baptist was the forerunner of Jesus,  both of whom preached REPENT YE.

So you believe that the charger was a platter rather than its original English translation?

1. 0

My Concordance says apparently a plate, platter,  then refers to a "flat surface" or "table" also.....
          I dunno what the original English translation was....?

2. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

John the Baptist was an android with an electronic head.

Perhaps he was. Perhaps the queen was his wife, the damsel his daughter and they were trying to keep him alive long enough to do the dishes... But 'twas naught the will of The Lord of Hosts who said "Nay, I need Johnathan's soul to do my bidding elsewhere winches!" And slowly but surely god, evangelicalists and the pope changed the word of The Lord, risking eternal damnation in Sheol, to ruin the body of Christ and side with satan and the machine elves. Silly mortals. But god failed and Johnathan's head is still on the charger and some of us are in a deep sleep on a Borg planet. wink déjà Vu

3. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago

What's the point you're trying to make in this thread, Andrew?

Never mind that HAL.

1. 0

What's HAL?

Confusing thread...........

working