jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

When Faced With Death...Don't Think!

1. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Some things that have happened in my life are so dramatic, I think they should be in a movie. Good, thing I'm an aspiring Director,right.
    Okay,so here's the thing that's been going on in my mind. I've had a bunch of criminal cult guys surround me with a gun pointed at me,and I've had a bunch of village youths surround me with huge matchetes,smelling of liquor and grass. But each time I get out of that situation alive, I always realize that I'm numb to it. It's like this, I don't even think about it till its over. But I know subconsciously, it makes me a better man. I'm a better man, each time I come out of a Death Situation...and I don't even think about it. Greetings.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Time slows down in such situations, a second seems like a long, long time- like martial arts.Three minutes seems like 3 hours.
      the more you concentrate the slower time seems to move. smile
      Same with meditation, the more concentration the slower things become.

2. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

I have heard a lot of Nigerians that have moved over to Ireland have been victims....

The thing is it is absolutely not normal, and should not be happening to you, and you should not have to toughen up to that extent.....

I think you are brave to talk about it, I will remember you in my prayers, as I hate that people have to put up with things like that.   

Is it possible for you to move away from where this is going on, or at least dont go where these people are...

3. fierycj profile image85

I've always said you're an Angel, Brenda. But its fine. I'm not in any danger or anything. I mean, its peaceful. I just move around a lot is all. And I've been in some dicey situations, thats all.

4. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

o.k.  just keep your head down, keep writing and stay away from trouble, what is it about you that brings out my maternal instincts? I don't know.   ALL THE BEST.

5. fierycj profile image85

Brenda are you on facebook? We really should be on  better speaking terms. Or don't you think?