jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Why would you say no to love and friendship?

1. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

I am a Christian and I believe Jesus is the Christ and my personal savior. I also enjoy the love and friendship that my association with Christianity brings into my life. I don't understand why people would say no to love or friendship. How can you have too much of either?

2. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago

If you get love and friendship from your faith then that's brilliant... but as a non-believer myself, I'd also say that it's morally wrong to join a faith (or indeed any organisation) that you don't believe in just in order to make friends.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thats fair but when you're surrounded by sincere people who really care it's hard not to believe because there's something there you can feel it.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
        EmpressFelicityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It sounds as though you're very lucky to have met a nice bunch of people.  It could be that I'm an old curmudgeon, but being surrounded by caring people who happen to hold the same belief isn't automatically going to make me subscribe to that belief as well.  I need more than that - and that applies to *all* philosphies/beliefs, not just religion.

working