soul mate

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (107 posts)
  1. greeneyes1982 profile image58
    greeneyes1982posted 14 years ago

Do you believe there is  soul mate for everyone?? One person you are MEANT to share the rest of your life with?

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about everyone, but I have been with my soul mate for 22 years now and it's a blast.  I adore the guy.  We have an amazing history together that is priceless!

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah, thats a great story. smile Congrats btw

2. vox vocis profile image81
      vox vocisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe there is a soul mate for some people but not for all! Many people aren't capable to love deeply and many aren't capable at all. That's why most marriages last a lifetime because of the habit and not because people are soul mates. Having a soul mate is a gift from God so I think one has to pray for having one and deserve one with good deeds.

3. wsp2469 profile image61
      wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

If there IS I don't think everyone finds him/her.

4. susanlang profile image60
      susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark, my one and only. 25 years inlove and still on our honeymoon!  Love you sweetheart!

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Welcome to hubpages greeneyes! and yes I do believe in soulmates..I have married mine smile and soulmates don't just go for humans. I have found soulmates in friends and in pets as well smile

1. profile image0

good point!...soulmate may not always be romantic.  smile

greeneyes1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your post... I am positive I found mine and to be honest it has been really creepy sort of lol. I mean when you play battle ship and put your boats and I mean ALL of them in the same spot with the same idea THAT is where it got creepy LOL. But I know what you mean about animals to cus I KNOW my cat understands me lol.

1. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it may be creepy but in a way it is a good sort of creepy. smile glad you have found yours. and yep my cats understand me too gotta love it hehe

2. profile image0

congrats on both counts. Its good to be understood.  smile maybe write a hub about finding your love?

2. Hokey profile image59
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You said it all.  smile

1. profile image0

thank you Hokey smile

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

i used too
    now i think its more like, finding the right person at the right time, and then sticking with it.

4. profile image0

there is a Gaelic saying for soul mate and soul friend...Anam Cara. My husband and I have that on our wedding bands. smile

nice.. so what do you think on something here. This man and I have been talking for some time now and every single day we will be talking about something and we will say the same EXACT thing at the same exact time!! This has happened so much that we both sort of ignore it now when it does and it is still happening.. But we played a game of battleship and that is when I really started gettin creeped out. I kept winning over and over again so we played one more game and this time I thought it would be funny to clump all of my boats together in one spot on the board and put my little tiny one in my upper left corner. We start playing and I told him wait till u see where all my boats are and I laughed and him having the same sense of humor as me he laughed and said I know right I did the same thing. So we start playing and come to find out he put all his boats in one spot to in the same spot of the board and put his little boat in the top right corner!!! EVERYTHING that we do and say feels like hes a mirror image of me!! I completely freaked out after that because it is so much to digest for me.

1. profile image0

my parents once bought each other the same stupid card for thier anniversary
        my husband always knows things before I say them
        dont be creeped out.  smile

2. profile image0

whoa that is creepy...you guys share a brain yikes just kidding but that is totally cool that you guys have the same thoughts and the same ideas. it makes love even more special.

I just dunno lol. I mean its really sweet and all but it was really a lot to digest for me. Because the sort of stuff I figured only happened in movies. I just dunno if I was ready for it yet lol

1. myownworld profile image74
            myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

(((hey green shift to 'chronological' view of the forums, that way we can tell who you're replying to! smile)))

it is I didnt pick quote when i responded

2. profile image0

Oh my dear green eyes we are never ready for when love comes into ur lives, creepy and all. when it comes it will come not on our time but on love's time and that will be whenever love believes we are ready for love.

5. profile image0

oh look crazd!!!! another one gets the midnight cat stares!!  lol thats awesome @ your wedding bands.

6. myownworld profile image74
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

I like the idea of 'soul mate', just not the part about spending the 'rest' of my life with him! roll

1. profile image0

awwww mow....you KNOW how I really feel.....lets try to be good for the new guy..   wink

I will think of writing a hub on it.. I also am gonna do one on men and women and toilet seats!!

1. profile image0

HA!!!  I will read that.  smile Ive been thinking about it too...but Im lazy

2. profile image0

lol toilet seat wars!

and yea definitely write one about your experiences..it's great to write those becaues they give ppl hope

well I agree with men on that one.. I mean seriously men shouldnt have to put it down hence that means SHARING the seat. after all we leave it down for them to have to put up so why not them leave it up? only makes it fair smile. It is actually inspired by my "other half" if you will

1. profile image0

I can see it from both sides...of course having fallen in a few times because the seat was up...and it was dark and I was blind because of no contacts in I like it being down better lol

1. profile image0

lol im the only one who cleans the bathroom n hubby wears contacts.... I leave it up for him

1. profile image0

aaaa Justine you are too nice! lol

1. profile image0

hahaha. nice has nothing to do with it....its real messy if i leave the seat down. I know to check before i sit, falling in SUCKS.  haha

2. myownworld profile image74
        myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile no choice darling....! ok...will be good now...though cracks often show!

1. profile image0

ouch...im trying so hard to not rain on everybodies parade.....lets go over to the tribe or somethinng..
          xo

7. profile image0

woohoo justine we aren't alone lol ooo the kitty version of Midnight Stares is horrible lol and thanks it was by chance I was lookin gin my favoreite magazine shopirish and there they were...fate? chance? who knows but they were definitely meant for us

1. profile image0

thats cool.  smile

8. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 14 years ago

I absolutely believe there is a soulmate for everyone. Out of the billions of people in this world, there has to be at least one made specifically for me. The ultimate love story, right?

9. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Yes, I think there is a soul mate for everyone, but a large percentage of people never find them because they settled before they found the right one, or just never happened to be in the right place at the right time. I almost missed mine; I married a guy who was far from my ideal, because I thought my "perfect man" couldn't possibly exist and it was asking too much for anyone to be that person who mixes perfectly with me. It turns out my perfect man DID indeed exist, and thankfully he was there waiting when I left my first marriage...it doesn't seem to work out like that very often.

10. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I hope so.

11. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

It's possible..My parents met when they were in 6th grade and say they knew then they would be together someday..They have been married for 24 years now.

12. profile image0

yep a bath I don't want to have! lol

1. profile image0

lol lol

13. profile image0

My official answer to the OP
    Yes, I believe in soul mates. Unfortunately, the simple fact of 'finishing each others sentences' does not equal magic. Relationships are work and require constant attention on both sides. Just cuz someone is your soulmate doesnt mean they wont check out, one day. And I think everybody has more then one. Timing is a factor.

no we arent finishing sentences... we are SAYING the same EXACT sentence at the same EXACT time EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! so much so that is has become the "norm" for us=)

1. profile image0

its really cool. all i meant was...most likely you ARE meant for each other, but that fact alone wont make it work. Its an amazing gift to have found each other, never take it for granted.

i always said if i ever found HIM that i am sure i will think... ok now what am i going to do with him?? ROFL

1. profile image0

play battleship?
            i had a good friend once. we used to play 'Guess Who' and she would always guess who I was within 2 guesses, no questions asked. I DO know what you mean about creepy. Have a good Valentines Day!

14. profile image0

do what you only can do: love him for him smile

I feel deep down to the depths of my soul that I do.... Theres major change going on inside of me I prayed for this to happen someday I just figured i would be a good 43 yrs old by then lol

1. profile image0

awww. see thats good?

2. profile image0

okay gotta ask how old r u?

im 27=)

1. profile image0

aaaa so love has decided to grace you with its presence earlier than you had thought. smile

im sure of it smile looks like i wont be walking this earth alone... and most importantly it is with someone who SEES how I do.. and LOVES GOD like I do... so many important things to me and he is right in front of my face smile I think I have calmed down somewhat since the game we played lol. Im seeing it for what it is and am not feeling like this is impossible or some sort of dream. I am so happy!!

1. profile image0

smile  never turn your back on a chance of happiness, even if your scared. Congrats again.

ty very much!

2. confused barbie profile image59
          confused barbieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Love that you have irish written on your wedding ring. I love the Irish language. Are you related to any Irish?
          And yes there is a soul mate for everyone and when you find that person you just know.It cant be described!

1. profile image0

yep on my mom side her great great grandpa left Ireland because of the potato depression. so I have Irish running through my veins and my hubby is an Scot-Irish big_smile

1. confused barbie profile image59

What part?? Its quite a small country hahaha:)

1. profile image0

truthfully no idea...she didn't know her great great grandpa and couldn't get any info out of her mom

pitty:( It was probably Kerry that was hit worse with the blight.
                  At least you can be proud to have Irish blood

2. greeneyes1982 profile image58

exactly!!! cant be described and most people wont understand even if you try to!! but its like no one else on the planet exists! but yet almost like they can see into our souls when we talk... Im not even going to try to explain it because there really isnt a way to its more of an intuition and feeling and just KNOWING

Yea you just know there the one. No one can describe it its different for everyone!

15. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

if there isn't I got lucky and met mine-I say yes.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and welcome greeneyes big_smile

16. peptalk profile image60
    peptalkposted 14 years ago

I think that there is such a thing as soul mates and I would love to find mine.

17. profile image0

I am glad you are now seeing this love as it is meant to be seen. a person to share your life with. and i hope he thinks of it in the same light as you do. smile

oh he does most definately!! in fact hes asking me what im waiting for right now lol. not entirely sure what hes asking there but I THINK I have some sort of idea

1. profile image0

And what is your idea of what he is asking? Me I think it is relationship wise he is asking.

im thinking the same thing.. he says he knows exactly what is happening here and he has been praying for me before i ever came into his life. hes been single for 5 yrs waiting for the right person he has ultimately left everything up to God.. i dunno if anyone believe in God here but that isnt my topic here. He said he knows for a fact that Gad brought me to him and I feel the same. He is telling me that he knows what I know and I know what he knws and that is that we are meant for eachother and that I dont have to wait any more

18. profile image0

here is a song for you and he to listen to. it means a lot to me and my husband as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZp6pmgbZyU

thank you that is so sweet!!

1. profile image0

you are very welcome. smile

so far our fav song has been by savage Garden lol I know old school but to the moon and back has been one we both love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhdajt0C1sE

19. profile image0

you might be right CB could have been Kerry. never know big_smile and truthfully I don't know if I am Irish but I do say I am Irish since my family is..I'm adopted

Your Irish in my books smile

1. profile image0

Guiness for everyone!!  smile

1. profile image0

this is one Irish who DOESN'T like Guiness lol

I would have to agree!!!!!

20. profile image0

Savage Garden rocks! big_smile one of my fav bands too old school or not hehehe

love To the moon and back and also Truly Madly Deeply is another good one smile

1. peptalk profile image60
      peptalkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I want you' was always my favorite

1. profile image0

yep...soo many good songs big_smile

2. greeneyes1982 profile image58

i love TMD... but for him he said it makes him kinda sad a little lol he is one of those men who are in touch with himself not afraid to express emotion and I LOVE IT!!

i also like i knew i loved u before i met you AWESOME song!!

1. profile image0

yep another classic

2. profile image0

aaa yea my hubby is like that too...at times though when he does get too emotional it does get on my nerves shhh don't tell him I said that

lol i wont.. but im gonna go for now all im spending time with him and we are listening to sermons and listening to worship music together have a wonderful day all!!!

1. profile image0

tell him a hubber named Crazdwriter says hi! big_smile hehehe and listen to that song with him. it's a great one and it talks about God. GREAT song big_smile

21. profile image0

thanks CB big_smile

Your welcome...
      "I want you" love that song. Prob sound stupid ha but who is TMD?

The first time I heard this song was at my step-sister's house.

The chika-chika-cherry-cola part had me right off!

1. profile image0

lol have you ever tried to lipsync to that song. PHEW your mouth gets a work out. or even singing...I did the whole lipsynicing thing in my bedrooms when I was kid...loved doing that song big_smile

It is one of the hardest!  Try Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start the Fire' lol

I have did that or should I say attempted one night when I had one to many hahaha

22. profile image0

TMD means Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden

makes sense haha I can just blame that on my blonde hair ha
      I lovethat song true classic!

23. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

100% absolutely.If you find that one truly special person make sure you don't let them slip away. I lost mine, and he truly was my soul mate. Sure I miss him, but after the grief is gone, you go on with life a richer person, for having experienced a great highlight in your life, that adds to your great book of life and loving.

24. profile image0

Okay I am off now too peeps...I have to run out and get a couple of things from Target. big_smile have fun chatting everyone

25. profile image0

that's okay peptalk I'll stick to Savagen Garden lol

lol.... I'm in agreement there

26. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b0vGZFE … re=related
    Oh god this cannot describe your soul mate more...

1. profile image0

okay last post LOVE LOVE LOVE that song, blondepoet. Good post!

2. peptalk profile image60

That's it!  WOW!!!!!

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh god I want this so much

27. greeneyes1982 profile image58

ok so now we know we were brought together for sure but WHY is what we are trying to figure out now....

28. greeneyes1982 profile image58

i am wondering something now.. i need help here. we have a bond and now lately i keep feeling a lot of heart ache and i dunno why. it feels like it does after a break up w someone.. maybe its cus he loves so far way i dunno. a little advice pls and pls read my other posts so u know where im coming from before you respond thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)