who is god?

Jump to Last Post 51-62 of 62 discussions (374 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Just as the bible bashers never like to see anything from the old testament, the quoran queers always try to distort the meaning of the quoran to slide out of responsibility for believing their hate filled tome by manipulating what is written.

Suras 9 and 5, the most violent and vile of Suras are the last spoken by Muhammad, and they abrogate all previous verses in conflict with them. smile

1. Obscure Divine profile image62
      Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is this...uh, what they call "Holy sh*t?"  ...Or is that called "Divine Dung?"

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend earnestshub

That is because you miss the context. For understanding true meaning of a verse; one has to see at least five preceding and five following verses. Please do it and you will understand.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

2. CrystalStarWoman profile image58
    CrystalStarWomanposted 14 years ago

I am God. You are God. We be God!

I wrote a hub about it smile

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not god, you are not god, nobody is a god. I wrote a hub about that! smile

1. CrystalStarWoman profile image58
        CrystalStarWomanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

tongue lol

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But, if everyone is a god, then nobody is a god. smile

1. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From the one come the two and goes back to the One.

"Behold but One in all things it is the second that leads you astray " kabir

3. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Hi friends

More about who is God

[22:15] Verily, Allah will cause those who believe and do good deeds to enter Gardens beneath which rivers flow; surely Allah does what He will.
    [22:16] Whoso thinks that Allah will not help him (the Prophet) in this world and the Hereafter, let him, if he can, find a way to heaven, and let him cut off the divine help. Then let him see if his device can remove that which enrages him.
    [22:17] And thus have We sent it (the Qur’an) down as manifest Signs, and surely Allah guides whom He will.
    [22:18] As to those who believe, and the Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians, and the Magians and the idolaters, verily, Allah will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection; surely Allah is Witness over all things.
    [22:19] Hast thou not seen that to Allah submits whosoever is in the heavens and whosoever is in the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and the beasts, and many of mankind? But there are many who become deserving of punishment. And whomsoever Allah disgraces, none can raise him to honour. Verily, Allah does what He pleases.
    [22:20] These two are two disputants who dispute concerning their Lord. As for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them; and boiling water will be poured down on their heads,
    [22:21] Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted;
    [22:22] And for them there will be maces of iron with which to punish them.
    [22:23] Whenever they will seek to get out of it from anguish, they will be turned back into it: and it will be said to them, ‘Taste ye the punishment of burning!’
    [22:24] But Allah will cause those who believe and do good deeds to enter Gardens beneath which rivers flow. They will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold, and with pearls; and their raiment therein will be of silk.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=14

Please not the verse [22:19] above

Thanks

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Notice that the qualifiers from the Quran and everything else you make claim to has nothing to do with being peaceful. Your god is pure evil as he "does what He pleases."  smile

4. profile image49

who is god?

Hi friends

More about who is god from Quran:

[64:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
    [64:2] Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth glorifies Allah; His is the kingdom and His the praise, and He has power over all things
    [64:3] It is He Who has created you, but some of you are disbelievers and some of you are believers; and Allah sees what you do.
    [64:4] He created the heavens and the earth with truth, and He shaped you and made your shapes beautiful, and to Him is the ultimate return.
    [64:5] He knows whatever is in the heavens and the earth, and He knows what you conceal and what you disclose; and Allah knows full well all that is in the breasts.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … .php?ch=64

Thanks

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

some of those lines are reminiscent of Santa Claus..

He sees you when you're sleeping
      He knows when you're awake
      He knows if you've been bad or good
      So be good for goodness sake!
      O! You better watch out!
      You better not cry
      Better not pout
      I'm telling you why
      Santa Claus is coming to town
      Santa Claus is coming to town

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and santa clause is really a clown.

Hi Greek big_smile

Hi Kim Kim
          (that's my new endearing nic name for you)

1. profile image0
            kimberlyslyricsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very cool

btw do you know who God is?

Just came to my mind,

not sure why

but then again I'm high

do you know?

Doug Glimour...

http://www.douggilmour.com/wp-content/gallery/doug-gilmour-maple-leafs-pictures/gilmore510.jpg

1. profile image0
                crmhaskeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ewww... the leafs... ABL fan right here

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

i forgive you because you are from Montreal and know not what you say (as per my Hub on the subject "Maple Leaf Watch Part 2"

tongue tongue tongue

1. profile image0

I'm not from Montreal, I'm actually from Thunder Bay, ON.  I also lived in Toronto for 4 years - longer than I've lived in Montreal (3).  I also, at the end of the summer, move back to Ontario tongue

Still an ABL (I actually don't follow hockey at all, I just love annoying leaf fans lol)

we will welcome you back with open arms...

maybe

1. profile image0

lol... I dislike Montreal.  I'm counting the days until my provincial residency once again matches my birth certificate.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

I heard that place is somewhere near the center of the universe.

Sorry, ...IS the center of the universe.  smile

1. profile image0

lol, I actually didn't like Toronto very much either, but it's more home than Montreal ever has been.

I guess that's what happens when someone from a city like Thunder Bay moves to a big city like Toronto or Montreal though - I'm just not content unless my backyard is 10 acres tongue

6. profile image49

Hi friends

Quran elaborated further as to who is God.

[87:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
    [87:2] Glorify the name of thy Lord, the Most High,
    [87:3] Who creates and perfects,
    [87:4] And Who designs and guides,
    [87:5] And Who brings forth the pasturage,
    [87:6] Then turns it black, rotten rubbish.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … .php?ch=87

Thanks

1. Obscure Divine profile image62
      Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You've never embarked upon social studies, have ya?

7. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

A religious zealots prayer!

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n410/Shadow_Queen1/Icons/DearGod.jpg

8. earnestshub profile image79

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q407/CameraSister/Comics/5.jpg

9. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I have decided I have no words or phrases which I could use to explain who God is.  In my wildness dream I couldn't have come up with a God like the Father of Jesus and us all.  Nothing but nothing exist without God.  The thing that just blows my mind is God isn't bound by the laws of physic he create these laws.  The laws of physic bends to God's will it's not the other way around and he's proven that throughout the bible- remember the 3 boys thrown in the furnace and they walk around in that fire with an Angel.

10. earnestshub profile image79

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj263/the_new_jigsaw/myspace/god.jpg

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

11. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Hi friends

Quran enlightens us about the Creator- God Allah YHWH:

[2:255] O ye who believe! spend out of what We have bestowed on you before the day comes wherein there shall be no buying and selling, nor friendship, nor intercession; and it is those who disbelieve that do wrong to themselves.
    [2:256] Allah — there is no God but He, the Living, the Self-Subsisting and All-Sustaining. Slumber seizes Him not, nor sleep. To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that will intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them; and they encompass nothing of His knowledge except what He pleases. His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth; and the care of them burdens Him not; and He is the High, the Great.
    [2:257] There should be no compulsion in religion. Surely, right has become distinct from wrong; so whosoever refuses to be led by those who transgress, and believes in Allah, has surely grasped a strong handle which knows no breaking. And Allah is All-Hearing, All-Knowing.
    [2:258] Allah is the friend of those who believe: He brings them out of every kind ofdarkness into light. And those who disbelieve, their friends are the transgressors who bring them out of light into every kind of darkness. These are the inmates of the Fire; therein shall they abide

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=251

Thanks

12. sagbee profile image57
    sagbeeposted 13 years ago

God is nowhere but in ourselves... There is no need to look here and there for god.. It is everywhere and you just need to believe that god is there..

1. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend sagbee

God is everywhere and in our own selves also, for sure:

[51:16] But surely the righteous will be in the midst of gardens and springs, [51:17] Receiving what their Lord will give them; for they used to do good before that. [51:18] They used to sleep but a little of the night;
      [51:19] And at the dawn of the day they sought forgiveness;
      [51:20] And in their wealth was a share for one who asked for help and for one who could not.
      [51:21] And in the earth are Signs for those who have certainty of faith, [51:22] And also in your own selves. Will you not then see?
      [51:23] And in heaven is your sustenance, and also that which you are promised. [51:24] And by the Lord of the heaven and the earth, it is certainly the truth, even as it is true that you speak. http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=16

Please see the verse [51:22] above.

Thanks

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)