Why there is so much emphasize on sins in Christianity..

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (107 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

why sin is so much talked about in Christianity?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's called projection in psychological terms. smile

1. Diane Inside profile image72
        Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah thats exactly what it is.........Not.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi..diane how are you?..so what it is?..every time sin word pops up..why it is so..is Christianity based on this word?

I don't know that there is an emphasis on sin. But sin is an aspect of Christianity, not the basis of Christianity.

Christians strive to live by the example of Jesus. Which is hard to do.

Although I am not perfect and do things that I shouldn't at times. I try to live by the golden rule, and the ten commandments. 

But all have sinned.  Myself included.

I love the golden rule!
              As an axe murdering sado-masochist once said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

2. earnestshub profile image80

You've sinned?
              Don't do that myself, I don't answer to a sky fairy, so I just screw up. smile

2. profile image0
            Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yep - it's used as a limp excuse/explanation for everything - birth defects, earthquakes, tsnaumis, diseases....of course science can explain these things with evidence

Like to develop that?

I say it is projection.

That is when someone has a problem then tells someone else that they are the cause of it. smile

lol

2. mom101 profile image60
            mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

kid gloves? Soft touch? OOOOOOh the answer I could give to earnestshub.I know the question is about sin, but , here is another prime example of a long time "problem". People always trying to blame someone else for ?????

Here, it appears, that earnest has a problem with projection.

Friend, (i couldn't resist)

Your reply makes no sense.

2. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

because you are a dirty, dirty boy, pisean!

We ALL know what you have been thinking when you see a sexy avatar!! We ALL know what you have been touching!!!

SHAME ON YOU.. SHAME!!

lol oh my how i love to be sinner...i am ready to go to hell for that  lol

1. Greek One profile image63

the road to hell is traveled one small tug at a time, my friend

lol lol lol

"The world is a mirror grasshopper"
        smile

1. Greek One profile image63

As I have a big ego, my mirror is a little bit sticky at the moment

lol lol lol

2. pisean282311 profile image61

lol lol lol

3. Tom Cornett profile image79
      Tom Cornettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simon Magus wanted to buy the Holy Spirit(the power of love and respect).  Of course....he had it in mind to resell it at a fine profit.
      Men like him started the religion from a movement of peace and harmony that was created by Jesus of Nazareth.

Sin was and still is the key to bringing in the big bucks.  Sin...and or sinners...being the enemy...required massive funding to be kept at bay....not to mention promotional opportunities for those who saved souls and such.

They turned from being fishers of men to giggers of suckers.  They adapted other religions into their guide books so that people could have their gods cakes and eat them too.

The bottom line....combating sin....sells.  Making people feel guilty is income and power security for the flock leaders. Attacking sins and sinners makes the flocks feel as if they are better than all of those low life's outside their special church....even better than the heretic flock down the street.

Religion itself is and always has been,"The Great Whore." She lures people in with her promises of eternal pleasures.  All those who do not enter her vaginal doors (religiously)....well...simply are damned for eternity....because of their sin of rejecting her.

Sin...simply is the cash cow of religion.  All religions in some form use it to retain power and influence over its followers with fear.  Religion has its purpose...but the old whore weakens by the day.

She has sprinkled her crumbs to the poor and toyed with kings and queens for generations. She is being revealed and her lies are appearing on her stained glass windows and marvelous walls.  One day...the brothel will be closed....the landlord will come for the rent.

Follow the money...find the real sin.

Sin...simply is the cash cow of religion..quiet right...

4. IWILLCLEARMYNAME profile image41
      IWILLCLEARMYNAMEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi there:

There is no more emphasis on Sin than usual, it is just that Sin has a way of Broadcasting itself.

Hope this helps>
      Take care.

5. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is the strategy Paul adopted for "his new religion" he named "Christianity" though it has nothing to do with Jesus Christ; and thus Paul and the Church exploited the sheep- the simple minded Christians.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You just complained in another thread about others ridiculing you because they didn't agree with your beliefs, and now you are doing the exact same thing. smile

6. profile image0

because christianity is based on fear, guilt and shame, under a guise of love

1. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

fear:
        2 Timothy 1:7 (King James Version)

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

guilt:

All guilt comes from Satan, Gods Holy Spirit brings conviction of sin, not guilt

Luke 6:36-38 (Amplified Bible)
        So be merciful (sympathetic, tender, responsive, and compassionate) even as your Father is [all these].

Judge not [neither pronouncing judgment nor subjecting to censure], and you will not be judged; do not condemn and pronounce guilty, and you will not be condemned and pronounced guilty; acquit and forgive and release (give up resentment, let it drop), and you will be acquitted and forgiven and released.

Give, and [gifts] will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will they pour into [the pouch formed by] the bosom [of your robe and used as a bag].

For with the measure you deal out [with the measure you use when you confer benefits on others], it will be measured back to you.

shame:

1 Corinthians 1:20-29

Where is the wise man (the philosopher)?

Where is the scribe (the scholar)?

Where is the investigator (the logician, the debater) of this present time and age?

Has not God shown up the nonsense and the folly of this world's wisdom?

For when the world with all its earthly wisdom failed to perceive and recognize and know God by means of its own philosophy, God in His wisdom was pleased through the foolishness of preaching [salvation, procured by Christ and to be had through Him], to save those who believed (who clung to and trusted in and relied on Him).

For while Jews [demandingly] ask for signs and miracles and Greeks pursue philosophy and wisdom, we preach Christ (the Messiah) crucified, [preaching which] to the Jews is a scandal and an offensive stumbling block [that springs a snare or trap], and to the Gentiles it is absurd and utterly unphilosophical nonsense.

But to those who are called, whether Jew or Greek (Gentile), Christ [is] the Power of God and the Wisdom of God.

[This is] because the foolish thing [that has its source in] God is wiser than men, and the weak thing [that springs] from God is stronger than men.

For [simply] consider your own call, brethren; not many [of you were considered to be] wise according to human estimates and standards, not many influential and powerful, not many of high and noble birth, [No] for God selected (deliberately chose) what in the world is foolish to put the wise to shame, and what the world calls weak to put the strong to shame.

And God also selected (deliberately chose) what in the world is lowborn and insignificant and branded and treated with contempt, even the things that are nothing, that He might depose and bring to nothing the things that are, so that no mortal man should [have pretense for glorying and] boast in the presence of God.

If your church experience gave you those things, it was the church that was wrong, not Christ, for Christ's word does not support your claim.

7. dksuttle profile image73
      dksuttleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because it is the number money making tool that the church has. If we aren't afraid of going to hell because of a sin then they have nothing to sell, they can't sell you redemption. Please take the time to develop more than two brain cells so that you can think beyond the pablum that christianity dishes up.

2. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

i don't find sin talked about a lot in Christianity, at all,.......  We are all born sinners, but that is where it ends.  We just

that is what is my point dude.. Christianity starts with born sinner premise..why?..

Children have to be taught.  They are not born knowing what is the right thing to do.  They have to be disciplined at times to teach them the right thing to do.  They do not know on their own to be good.  If they were, then there would be no need for discipline or instruction. Therefore they are born sinners.  However they are not accountable for their sins until they have reached the age of accountability.  Because they are given the chance to learn.

well i partly agree with you..we all have in built thing called conscience..even non believers in any god are great human beings and great servers of humanity..we have lot of examples of that..born sinners concept is one of premise like many..i just wanted to understand what triggered that premise...

well I don't know if that is what triggered the premise, but that is what many christians believe.  Joy is right  Christianity is full of positivity.

2. Joy56 profile image68
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

it does not start with that, i meant it is the only time it is mentioned.  Christianity is full of positivity.....

2. IWILLCLEARMYNAME profile image41

Hi, Joy, that is not whehere it ends, that is onl the begining of a life's road that leads to destruction and death, without repentance.

There will be a price to pay in the end and without Christ the debt is not settled:).

1. IWILLCLEARMYNAME profile image41

Where (sp)

3. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

Control, control, control... It's all about control.

control over what?..desire?..

1. Disturbia profile image61
        Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sin gives the church control over people's lives, what they do, how they act, what they think.  By making us all sinners, we need the church for salvation and redemption.  After all, who wants to go to Hell when they die? 

I was raised Catholic but I've followed several different philosophical paths since then and really it all boils down to the same thing in the end... DO THE RIGHT THING.  Live a good life, don't hurt or abuse others... it's that simple.  Follow that and you don't have to worry about sin or religion.

i got that...

2. Diane Inside profile image72

I don't rely on the church for salvation, they can not save me but Jesus can. Disturbia you simplify things too much I agree with you somewhat but I think it is a little more complicated than that.

disturbia does have a point ..every religion custodian seeks control over community using various phrases..sin would work...it would induce fear,guilt among individuals and make them adhere to what they want...it is not just about Christianity even oldest religions have some or other form of ways ..unfortunately religion custodians used religion to meet their purpose...crux of religion is to make humans beings live good life which does not expoit,cheat , harm others..which is compassionate,considerate and such things..the core in all religions are same ...

I agree with you that the church or custodian as you call it, does seek control.  In all religions, but if people live by their convictions, they will see what the right way to live is. 

Not just because the church told them to live that way.  That is where people in some religions have lost common sense.  Christianity incuded. After all the kkk claims to be Christian.  But obviously not all Christians believe the same way they do.

Just because you have a belief does not mean you have let the church control you.  You have to have common sense.  Pisean are you Muslim?

no i am not muslim ..personally i am not believer of religion..i believe religions are man made..but i do give  credit to religion for its positive contribution to human race..i like to read about all religions but dont adhere to any...

Oh just wondering sorry if I offended you, just curious.

no no..i am not offended...

2. Disturbia profile image61

LOL, yes, I alway like to keep things as simple as possible.

3. profile image0

control is the big key - that's why governments and monarchies adopted - to rule with fear

Yup, and a loving merciful God and Creator is in control and he hates sin.

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Seems the bible is a bit confused on this too!

For all have sinned.
         - Romans 3:23

There was a man... whose name was Job; and that man was perfect
         and upright.
         - Job 1:1

Which is it?

who is Job now?

That would be a good question, but we are talking parables and myth here. smile

I have always found the story of Job to be very annoying.

Job is a blessed man who lives righteously. Satan challenges Job's integrity, proposing to God that Job serves him simply because God protects him so God removes Job's protection, allowing Satan to take his wealth, his children, and his physical health in order to tempt Job to curse God. Despite his difficult circumstances, he does not curse God.

My question is why would God, or Satan if either one really exists have to have a stupid contest to prove anything?  It's kind of like the Eddie Murphy movie Trading Places where these two wealthy brothers make a $1.00 bet that they can swap a poor man from the streets with a wealthy stock broker.  So they wreck lives just to win a bet.  And why would Job have to prove anything to God anyway?  Wouldn't God, being God know what is in Job's heart?

It seems to me like God is the one that got baited or tricked by Satan into making the life of Job miserable for no good reason.  So here is your reward for being a good man Job, you get to suffer.

But than what do I know, I'm no religious scholar, just a lapsed Catholic.

Like many bible parables, the thing that stands out is the psychotic behaviour of a so called omnipotent entity or "god".

It really is very silly seen in the light of what we know today about mental illness. smile

well there is similar tale in hindu mythology too...here job is harishchandra and instead of satan ,there is sage who does test harish chandra and harish chandra along with his wife and son goes through hell but in end god convinced of his righteousness ,bails him out..but not before he undergoes immense hardships..guess most religious stories are similar...

Yep! These religious stories can be traced back to the sun god.

It must have been very easy to keep people inline when they were so naive. smile
              Even today, religionists just walk past the psychotic statements, (hundreds of them as I have shown many times) and ignore every single questioning post! smile

story of great flood too is mentioned in Judaism, Hinduism, Islam and Christianity too..guess there might be truth in that and story would have survived and then linked with god...what say?

1. Joy56 profile image68
                  Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree, but Earnesthub will never agree, he is annoying

Not going to address the points raised then? lol

What is so annoying to you is that I do not share your fairytale and you have no argument. smile

I suspect the great flood had more to do with climate change than God. Of course you can argue that God caused the climate change which then caused the flood and so on and so on ... and it never ends.  So people believe what they want, they will anyway no matter what anybody else says.

well i am not saying that god had anything to do with flood or had nothing to do with flood..what i am saying is that great flood has been mentioned in all religions..so it might have occurred and oral narrations about that might have continued , latter with linkage with god..that is how it might have prevailed...

Hey E:

The Bible is not confused the Bible is very clear.  Romans 6:23, For the Wages  of Sin is Death but the Gift of God is Eternal Life.

In Job's Case, God was just showing off.  He knew job would not sin, he wanted Satan  to be embarrased.

God got it like that:).

If this were the case it would prove one thing. The god you believe in is a sadist! lol

5. earnestshub profile image80

The reason it appears in almost all religions is because it is a psychological archetype. smile

6. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

It's just a mirror that needs a cleaning, but since you guys are dirty, you will assume what you want.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_hl6VaL8SQvE/SFX9u8kPY7I/AAAAAAAAADE/RKTjORcmBd4/Dirty+mirror.jpg

lol..

LOL, HOLY COW!  How random...   Must be left over from the flood.

lol lol lol eureka..so it must be greek who caused the flood..now i got where the sin theme came into being...

How do you make those laughing smileys anyway?

click on reply button and go to formatting tips..it would guide you about that...

lol  yippie

thanks pisean.. i had no idea.... i'm pretty dense sometimes and often miss things right in front of my nose.

Disturbia, armed with her newfound knowledge rips thru the forums populating them with smiley faces.  OMG, I think it's time for some fresh air... lol

1. mom101 profile image60

Oh God. Do you have a relative named Mark? He's into the smilies too

7. hanging out profile image61
    hanging outposted 13 years ago

sin is really the cornerstone of forgiveness which leads to salvation which is scripturally a correct process.

Sin, it is much talked about, and at the same time, much overrated. Many say sin is sin.  Just as each person is different, so is sin.
      I may do something and it be a sin for me to do, while you do the same thing and it not be a sin, and vice versa.  Sin is very personalized.
      Why is sin so talked about. Well, it is because, as with anything else, people ask questions about the things they want to learn about.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sin. Is that a city in Nevada? Sin is doing bad things. Don't trust Earnest with rocks, cause he'll throw the first one and say "Gee, I screwed up." No cosequences, no fear. perfect. Now all we need   is for everyone to carry a gun, especially if we wander about    with no    moral code

I have a fine moral code. smile
          It just doesn't involve a "devil in the corner" mentality that blames a bad fairy for my mistakes. I take responsibility for my own screwups and do not have to claims a bad fairy dunnit!

According to one poster here on the fairy team, it's god wot controls the weather, not his failure fairy, so apparently it is god that dunnit at least to Haiti and Pakistan.

No, fortunately it is a myth about the tiny neurotic sky fairy or his creation da debil. lol

2. profile image0
          klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Druid, keep your friends close, and the skeptics closer! If the world were to end, I'm sticking with Earnest! big_smile

If the world were to end there would be no Earnest to stick to. Where once atoms were, now only air! HAHAHAHAHA (evil laughter fading to silence)

1. profile image0
              klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Love the laugh!

2. Druid Dude profile image61

Know what Earnest doesn't believe. What DOES Earnest believe in. Space Aliens? Theoretically, They could be there, but no proof. Big accident? I suppose we accidently put on clothes, accidently changed our programming and ended up in Big Monkey Trouble. The last probably was an accident. HA

I believe a lot of things, and none of them involve aliens.

I read and learn like some do, and am willing to change what I believe in the light of better information, proof, empirical evidence and scientific method immediately.

Know anything about science folks? Or scientific method?

I can tell the difference between a pile of controlling psychotic bull*hit and peer reviewed possibilities. smile

2. hanging out profile image61
        hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mom101
        So you think that god will say to some you cannot do this and to others its okay to do that. While i agree that some with higher callings may well have to separate themselves more than others, there is a common threshing floor where sin must be dealt with. God is not going to say, one may watch porn and another not, indeed some things are totally unacceptable and these sins must be threshed out, but all the above comes after salvation which a person cannot get to if indeed they have no conviction of sins.

i think youve got it

8. earnestshub profile image80

From the universal dust I came, and as I once again become dust I will just be changing form.

..... and in that way I am as immortal as all hell! lol lol lol

What will happen to me when I die is that I will be recycled. smile

Even religiosity dies with that last elecro/chemical shot fired!
    lol lol lol

Well now. See. That wasn't so hard. Now I know we're on the same page. But I snuck a peek at the end of the book. Coming attractions: Universe Two: Now It's Personal!

Stephen Hawking is presently the theorist I follow, but he backtracked recently, so I'm seeking   a new genius to adopt. Sometimes theories    change, and in man's history  we  have been atthis level in  thought for a very short time. Much to    learn,  but   nothing    has       been    proven beyond     a     shadow of doubt (space bar is sticking). Won't beat adead horse.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is interesting to see someone as prevalent as Hawking admitting he was wrong about one of his theories, in light of the evidence. I think the Church went through something similar long ago about the shape of the earth.

Funny though, the followers of the Church did not seek out a new genius to adopt. wink

Errrm... I think Martin Luther led the charge out of the RCC... smile

2. hanging out profile image61
      hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm quite okay with what you will become after reading some of your posts. If somebody who said those things about me wanted to live in my house for eternity, I wouldn't let them! so really to dust they shall go is a self fulfilling prophecy lol.

It must be wonderful to be able to write your fellow humans off like dust when they don't believe like you do in a forum.

You wouldn't know the first thing about any of those you send to hell.

Isn't that simply Megalomania?

1. mom101 has not 'written anybody off' - you prophesied it over yourself.
          2. mom101 sends nobody to their fate, we each choose our own.

2. pisean282311 profile image61

@hanging...eternity?...that would be real boring...isn't it?

3. profile image0

just think - all the atoms in our bodies have been recycled over and over again - from a rotting corpse to the food we eat

9. earnestshub profile image80

The horse ain't dead yet! Oh you mean your keyboard!
    I follow Hawking and many others as there are scientific specialties that are becoming quite defined, and some scientists are keen to make a mark by being even more specialised.
    If you want a 2 year read on everything from sentient animal protection to religion, drugs and brain chemistry, physics, particle acceleration and much much more, you may enjoy a website I have frequented for more than 10 years.

I still go there often as my dear friend David Pearce who wrote a fair bit of it including the drug guide updates it regularly with newer more valid information as it becomes known and proven up.

I don't agree with everything there either, so I keep seeking.
    I just like to know some stuff. smile

their mission statement and landing page with all the details can be found here.
    bltc.com/

That looks interesting, I've bookmarked it, tell you what I think in a couple of years! smile

10. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I don't think sinning is the emphasis in Christianity, I think it's about salvation, second chances, sacrifice for the greater good, and so forth.  I think people focus on sin because it's just a lot easier to either follow rules or break them.

okie..

LOL, it might be easier for some people to follow rules.  I've always had trouble with them myself.

11. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

When learning how to do anything correctly whether it be tennis,billiards, or building a house,  the most important things to know is what mistakes to avoid.

When we know what not to do the rest seems to fall into place quite nicely.

but premise must not be mistake..isnt it?...when a child is born,he/she is not a sinner...isnt it?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)