Revelation 11:Satan's Evil and God's Miracles

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    DrDeanCrosbyposted 13 years ago

Revelation 11

1 An angel gave me a measuring stick and said: Measure around God's temple.(THIS IS KING SALOMON'S TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM WHICH WILL SHORTLY BE RE-BUILT) Be sure to include the altar and everyone worshiping there. 2 But don't measure the courtyard outside the temple building. Leave it out. It has been given to those people who don't know God, and they will trample all over the holy city (JERUSALEM) for forty-two months.(REFERS TO THE SUPPORTERS OF THE ANTI-CHRIST WHO WILL OCCUPY THE CITY AND EVEN THE TEMPLE ITSELF WHICH THE ANTI-CHRIST WILL USE AS HIS HEADQUARTERS FOR THREE AND HALF YEARS) 3 My two witnesses (THOUGHT TO BE ENOCH AND ELIJAH) will wear sackcloth,(CLOTHING WORN WHEN PEOPLE WERE IN MOURNING. IT INDICATES THAT GOD WILL INSTRUCT THESE EVANGELISTS TO PREACH SORROW AND REPENTANCE FOR SIN) while I give them the power to preach for one thousand two hundred sixty days.(THIS WILL BE DURING THE LAST HALF OF THE REIGN OF THE ANTI-CHRIST) 4 These two witnesses are (REPRESENTED BY) the two olive trees and the two lamp stands that are in the presence of the Lord who rules the earth. (THIS IS ALMOST A WORD FOR WORD QUOTE FROM ZECHARIAH CHAPTER 4 WHICH DESCRIBES A VISION GIVEN TO THAT PROPHET ) 5 Any enemy who tries to harm them will be destroyed by the fire (THE BEST INTERPRETATION OF THESE WORDS  IS THAT IT REFERS TO VERBAL CONDEMNATION THAT JESUS WILL QUOTE FROM THEIR OWN WORDS DURING THE JUDGMENT TO SENTENCE THEIR ATTACKERS TO HELL) that comes out of their mouths. 6 They (THE EVANGELISTS ) have the power to lock up the sky and to keep rain from falling while they are prophesying. And whenever they wish to, they can turn water into blood and cause plagues  to occur on  the earth. 7 After the two witnesses have finished their assignment preaching God's message, the beast ( Satan) that lives in the deep pit will come up and fight against them. It will win the battle and kill them. 8 Their bodies will be left lying in the streets of the great city where their Lord was nailed to a cross.(JERUSALEM) And that city is spiritually (AFTER THE ANTI-CHRIST HAS CONTAMINATED IT) like the city of Sodom (HOMOSEXUALITY WILL BE FLAUNTED) or the country of Egypt.(CRASS CAPITALISM CREATING RAMPANT HUMAN EXPLOITATION WILL BE COMMON IN THE ANTI-CHRIST'S JERUSALEM) 9 For three and a half days the people of every nation,tribe,language,and race (A WOW REVELATION = THIS WAS IMPOSSIBLE BEFORE SATELLITE TELEVISION WAS INVENTED) will stare at the bodies of these two witnesses and refuse to let them be buried. (TO SHOW CONTEMPT TOWARD THEIR GOD ORDAINED EVANGELISM) 10 People on earth will celebrate and be happy.(NOW YOU UNDERSTAND WHY GOD'S PUNISHMENTS HAVE BEEN SO SEVERE!) They will give gifts to each other, (JUST LIKE OUR XMAS CELEBRATIONS  RIGHT?) because of what happened to the two prophets who caused them so much trouble. (TROUBLED THEIR MINDS  BY TALKING ABOUT SIN A SELDOM DISCUSSED TOPIC EVEN IN OUR CHURCHES TODAY) 11 But three and a half days later, God will breathe life into their bodies. They will stand up, and everyone who sees them will be terrified.(GREAT GOD WILL PERFORM ANOTHER RESURRECTION ! NO WONDER THOSE   SPIRITUAL PERVERTS WILL BECOME SCARED) 12 The witnesses then heard a loud voice from heaven, saying, "Come up here." And while their enemies were watching, they were taken up to heaven in a cloud.(PRAISE GOD! STILL ANOTHER RAPTURE !! ) 13 At that same moment there was a terrible earthquake  that destroyed a tenth of the city. (JERUSALEM) Seven thousand people were killed, and the rest were frightened and praised the God who rules in heaven.( ALL THESE PUNISHMENTS FROM GOD HAVE FINALLY SCARED SOME PEOPLE INTO BELIEF.THE GREEK TRANSLATION OF THESE WORDS HINTS AT THE ACCEPTANCE OF JESUS AS THEIR SAVIOR BY SOME OF THE POPULATION.THANK GOD THEY ARE FINALLY GIVING UP ON THE ANTI-CHRIST WHO THEY PREVIOUSLY WORSHIPED AS THEIR SAVIOR !) 14 The second disaster has now happened,and the third one will be here soon. 15 At the sound of the seventh trumpet, loud voices were heard in heaven. They said "Now the kingdom of this world belongs to our Lord (GOD) and to his Chosen One! (JESUS) And He will rule forever and ever!"16 Then the twenty-four elders, who were seated on thrones in God's presence, knelt down and worshiped Him. 17 They said, "Lord God All-Powerful, you are, you were and you are to come, (A STATEMENT ABOUT THE ETERNAL NATURE OF GOD) and we thank you. You used your great power to rule.18 When the nations become angry,you exhibit anger also.(THIS IS THOUGHT TO REFER TO THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON) Now the time has come for the dead to be judged.(THIS CONFIRMS THE TEACHING IN 1 THESSALONIANS 4:16 THAT MOST WHO DIE WILL NOT IMMEDIATELY GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL.) It is time for you to reward your servants the prophets and all of your people who fear your name no matter who they are.It is time to destroy everyone who has destroyed the earth.(THIS IS THOUGHT TO ALSO REFER TO THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON WHICH WILL BE DESCRIBED IN CHAPTER 19) 19 .The door to God's temple in heaven was then opened and the Ark of His Testament (THIS IS THE ARK OF THE COVENANT WHICH WAS A CHEST CONTAINING THE TABLETS OF STONE ON WHICH THE TEN COMMANDMENTS WERE WRITTEN. THOSE IN HEAVEN WILL FOREVER SHOW REVERENCE TOWARD GOD'S TEN COMMANDMENTS UNLIKE SOME CHRISTIANS IN OUR CHURCHES TODAY) could be seen inside the temple.I saw lightning and heard roars of thunder.The earth trembled and huge hailstorms fell to the ground.(MORE WARNINGS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT DEPARTED THROUGH THE RAPTURE TO GIVE UP THE SIN IN THEIR LIVES,MOST ESPECIALLY IF IT IS SIN THAT VIOLATES  THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!)
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3930771.jpg

1. profile image0
      lcecil0582posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gentlemen and Ladies:
      In these end times, my thoughts often go to the scripture, (I FORGET EXACTLY WHERE, BUT WHEN NEEDED THE SPIRIT USUALLY QUICKENS THE VERSE TO MY THOUGHTS. . .I WILL LOOK IT UP LATER IF ANYONE HAS A BURNING NEED TO KNOW IT'S EXACT LOCATION), that says "remember the work, the Lord has done in your life when you are old".  I have often asked the question why we should recall his works when we are old if he is always with us?  I have been a born again Christian since the age of 21 and am now 56 years.  When we are young and a brand new Christian, God, the Lord and the Spirit; (e.g. Trinity) seem to be so powerful in our daily lives.  This is due to the healing power of God in our lives.  We are heavy laden with burdens, suppressing our souls to such an extent that our lives are all by snuffed out.  The power of God in our lives, through events, situations and miracles, confirms the existence of God and is the mixing agent required when we are new believers, for God to create the foundational rock of faith to re-build your lives.  For, me it was nothing less than an absolute miracle and blessing.  God revealed to me over time, my spiritual gifts and how to use them.  Maybe at sometime I will write more on this subject, but for now since I have always been a warrior in the spirit for a number of years, today I look around and ask God. "What are you doing?". . . .you are allowing the enemy to destroy your people.  The dark powers of the world, working through the actions of non-believers are actively destroying lives through loss of jobs, homes, marriages and other resources needed to sustain life.  Take heart people, this is nothing new for Christians. . . .For me, I thank God for the persecutions that has befallen my life, because it will act to purify my faith in the blast furnace of life. . . .EMBRACE THE FIRE OF GOD IN YOUR LIFE AND THANK HIM FOR HIS WORK, AND GOD WILL GRANT YOU VICTORY.   I am a Christian believer who comes in like fashion as Elijah of old.  Elijah and I would have been life long friends if her were around today and in some ways a mentor to me.  I hold the same fiery spirit when if comes to using me spiritual gifts as directed my God.  Knowing that God always gives us a way out, we just need to find the door, I propose that Christians channel their financial resources, talents and other resources, into avenues that directly benefit the needs of God's people in the region they live in.  For me, I am currently working building kitchen cabinets, re-facing and fire place mantels; see Kraftwood Cabinets hub.  We should all attempt to bleed resource support away from the existing worldly system the powers of darkness are using to destroy our lives.  We need to leverage our strength; God's Strength in our lives, to bring down their defensive walls today.  We have seen the start of that today with the past election.  However, we must take the fight to the next level and press in upon our enemies, holding the spiritual sword of God in our actions to grant us victory.  As we ask for God's guidance and direction he will reveal the path to take before you through his spirit.  Take heart young Christians, and ask God to bring a mentor into your life to show you your gifts and spiritual enlightenment for their use.  "Do not be afraid of the overshadowing beast that stands before.  Instead, call upon the name of the most high to smote you enemies and grant victory.

2. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this spam?

2. goldenpath profile image68
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

I'm a fellow Christian but what exactly is the discussion you propose?

3. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

DrDeanCrosby wrote ..
       1 An angel gave me a measuring stick and said: Measure around God's temple.(THIS IS KING SALOMON'S TEMPLE IN JERUSALEM WHICH WILL SHORTLY BE RE-BUILT)
    - = - =
    Jerami   (ME)  asks.
    For starters ...   Where does scripture say that the temple will be rebuilt after it was destroyed in 70 AD?

I can't find it.

1. profile image0

Jerami:  There are many things to come listed in Revelation about the end times.  It's important the remember to stay focused on the Lord's guidance.  The mysteries of Revelation are so deep that I have seen many Christians get lost in the work that God is doing in their lives.  How many people have been lost in the past due to the false guidance so called church leaders claiming to have knowledge of scriptural meaning.  The best advice I can give at this time is to pray and ask for God to have the spirit to enlighten you mind to his word and guidance.  Revelation is an interesting study for sure, but risky in these end times to adjust your life too.  Just trust in God, stay focused upon him and he will lead you through the work he has for your life.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is great advice.  I did exactly that.  A dozen years or so ago.  And I feel that those prayers were answered. 

I've never mentioned this before,  and wouldn't now, except  I think that my time on HP is coming to close.

After my prayers for knowledge of scripture, I was inundated with dreams and visions, of which I spent the next six or seven years sorting out.

It takes a lot of time and effort to recognize how overburdened we all are, with false interpretation of scripture.
           Scripture tells that this would happen
           Rev. 12:15    And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood ...  that she might be carried away of the flood.

What do you think that this can represent?
          It is written that lies comes out of the mouth of the dragon.
          And in this verse the focus was on the word of God that the remnant was following. 
          I understand this verse to be saying that the devil inundates the word of God with  LIES   and the earth swallow them all up.

If possible even the elect might be fooled.
          The Emperor of Rome established Organized Religion in 326 AD   The emperor was the ultimate authority over this religion that he built.
             AND  THE  EARTH  SWALLOWED  IT  UP.

At this same time, God sent his two witnesses down to the earth. Thank God.  Had he not done that,  Religiosity would have been much worse than it has been.

This 42 months that was given to the beast in Rev 13
        (1650 years)  is about to be finished.

This is where we are in prophesy.

Again; ...   Just my opinion.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't you mean, it was just your dream... smile

2. profile image0

Jerami:

To answer your question, I think the "Water as a Floor" could be referenced to many things today.  The most obvious is "Knowledge", the internet, computers and the rest.  The human mind apart form God's enlightenment is limited in the amount of information it can absorb.  The target most of the time are individuals with the spark of enlightenment.  Remember that powers of darkness in high places use this as a tactic.  America is ruled by the masses, so whenever the masses move against you, you can be sure you are getting close to God; all thinks being equal.  The system is currently attempting to weed out those individuals use by God to influence others to change.  And Yes, church leaders are part of the process, thus caution should be used whenever discussing God spiritual work in your life with these leaders.  Remember, the devil comes as a angle of light, but deceives millions in the process.  Today, the powers that be are attempting to brand Christians as home grown terrorists simply because they hold a different view of the world.  This is a tatic.  I often draw parallels between the powers of today and how Germany operated in WWII.  Sometimes, it seems some are operating under their rule book to preserve their power base.  However, I have seen this before in others lives who have attempted to sabotage my career or walk in the spirit.  God promises, "I will protect".  Yes, it is true, better to let God deal with them than you. . . .his wrath is much more severe.  I have seen people's live actually taken and still others placed in prison.  When people mess with born again Christians and they call upon God protection, just sit back and let God show you how he will deal with them.  Sometimes, its actually scary the think a living God would move against the powers of darkness with such wrath, but given the chance, I would probably do the same I guess.

Larry       

Rev. 12:15    And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood ...  that she might be carried away of the flood.

What do you think that this can represent?

1. getitrite profile image71
            getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this some kind of spamming or something, because you can't be serious with this primitive worldview of reality.

Nobody is afraid of your made-up nonsense of a God.  But this is extremely comical.  You must be a spammer. lol

1. profile image0

getitrite:

So, who says the world has it right?  I happen to think the world has a lot of it wrong, and as far as the bible goes and its. . . "Primitive Worldview". . .its doing exactly what it was designed to do. . . .keep out the non-believers or those with not clue of what its message is.  Thank God he has blinded the eyes, minds and hearts of the majority. . . . .The masses are heading in the wrong direction!!  I have no desire to be part of the "TRENDS" of the current world. . . . .LOL. . . .there in meltdown mode!

3. profile image0

Jerami:

"HP"?  His planet?  All our time is coming to a close.  He will not allow you to go until your work is complete and once complete who in their right mind would want to stick around.  It's only our human nature we have to contend with.

I've never mentioned this before,  and wouldn't now, except  I think that my time on HP is coming to close.

My time is getting short as well.

I think that there is one thing that is of most importance if a person wants to increase their understanding of scripture.

Things are not as they appear.   (that isn't the thing)

Prophesy is the foundation to understanding of scripture.

There are time frames given through out prophesy.
            These time frames were  NOT  given only to add words to the page and take up space.   They were not included in these visions in order to cause confusion, or create a puzzle.
                 These time frames are consistent in value.
              A week in one instance will not be stated in reference to seven years and then 42 months refer to 3 1/2 years.
              Think about it  ............    7 days = 7 years
               42 months = 1260 days       1260 days = 3 1/2 years, NOT

Doing this would be the most feeble attempt to understand prophesy  EVER.   The values between prophetic time frames and earthly time frames have to remain constant or they have absolutely no value.  And would not have been given if that were the case.
                After I accepted this to be true, simple to understand truths began springing out from the scriptures, tearing away multitudes of false interpretations that I had been indoctrinated into believing.

Is there a truth to be found after the mountain of interpretations are removed ?  Absolutely.

Notice I said interpretations instead of  Misinterpretations.  That is because  ALL interpretations are false.

Please Excuse my bluntness,   as I said ..
            time is getting short.

1. profile image0

Jermai:

My view is that know one knows the time, place, date or hour of his coming, so why worry for something we will never know. . . "Not even the son knows". . .as it is written.  Just working on our own problems is enough for anyone's life.  God will not kill us becuase we are not perfect.  Our salvation is not dependen upon our being perfect, only on the acceptance of Jesus as our savior and giving him control of our life.  Beyond that, he does his work in our life and leave the rest up to God to work out.  I use to laugh at people that would get so upset because their attempts to bring someone to the Lord failed.  They would beat themselves silly trying to get them to convert. . . . .They fail to realize it's not their job.  Our job is to only to give the good news , , ,nothing more.  It;s up to God to work the events of life to bring them.  Yes, he does use others in the course of action, but the details of how he does it is so vastly complex that only God can weave the events of our lives to bring us into his presence, but when you see it, you know that God's hand is controlling.  That's really neat to see happen in someone's life.  All you can do is smile, laugh and say. . .so what will you do now that you know?

Larry

What you say is true.  And I appreciate your conversing this subject with me.

For what I was speaking of in the earlier post, this is not for understanding when the end will come, but for the further understanding of scriptures such as they have been misunderstood.

It is possible that my understanding of prophetic time comparison to earths time could be incorrect?  But ; 
                I don't think so.  This seems to have given me a clearer understanding of scripture. Not perfect nor complete understand but much better understanding ...  Again, maybe I'm wrong and in a fog,  but I don't think so.

Jesus did not say that no one knows the month and year.
                   He said no one knows the DAY or HOUR.
                I think that he said exactly what he intended to say.
                No more or less than he intended to say.

God did want his people to know the times that they are in.

Everyone wants to klump all of these different TIMES into a single three and a half year period of time, and that simply isn't true.

How many times have you heard people say that "It is all just a mystery" 
                    I do not believe that God intended it to be a mystery.
                    That is what we have done to his messages though.
                    Rolled all of his messages into a tight little ball until his messages are unrecogniseable .. and then they became a mystery.

I believe he did want us to understand the time frame or he would not have given them to us.

1. profile image0

Jerami:

Yes, you are correct "DAY or HOUR". . . .Rather than the time year etc. . .but the concept is still the same. . . .WE DON'T KNOW WHEN.  So, I just choose not to drive myself nuts trying to find out.  It does not change a whole lot in the schem of things does it?  Just a notation or a word of caution to believers I think.  Guess it will give us something to talk about when he does arrive. . . .LOL.

Larry

Funny that you are correct.  It will drive ya nuts.
                    I began  "Going Nuts"  when I saw those verses at the end of Daniel 9.
                      I just wanted to see where that concept would take me.
                    (62 weeks = 568 of our years)
                      I came to dozens of verses that seemed to repute any validity of this idea.  Then I'd wake up in the middle of the night, realizing that that verse that first seemed to contradict this concept didn't say what I thought that it did.  I was interpreting it wrongly.  And here I go again.

Anyway, once I started down that path to the nut house, I couldn't stop it.  I discovered that most everything that I believed was clouded by misinterpretation caused by preconceptions concerning that which I was about to read.

We can talk more later;  Any way I need to get off the net ,  might be back later?

4. profile image69
    terrydeatonposted 13 years ago

He that endures to the end will be saved. Revelation 22: 1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4 And they shall see his face; and his name [shall be] in their foreheads.

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

6 And he said unto me, These sayings [are] faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed [is] he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

This is the end reward that I am promised, Not being wisked away into the clouds. 1Thessolonians 1:4 tells us this letter in the new testament is not written to me and you. It is written to the elect. The elect were the 12000 of each of the 12 tribes of Israel These were the chosen ones by called the elect by God. You will see that in the new testament, those being promised a heavenly future are promised in letters written to the elect.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)