desperate prayer needed

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image58
    Linda777posted 13 years ago

Please pray for us. My husband has been out of work for several months. We are losing our home due to this situation but also due to the unrighteous antics of my ex husband. And due to a nasty and completely unrighteous legal battle against us by my ex husband, our credit is ruined. My ex husband has come against me, vicously attacking my good name, slandering me, defaming my character. He has even attempted to have me thrown in jail TWICE on fabricated charges. He has been quite evil toward me for no reason. And though he has lost every legal battle, he is unrelenting in his attempts to destroy my reputation. We believe him to be a narcissistic sociopath. (Prior to all this, we had enjoyed a good friendship.) But...our credit has actually prevented my husband from getting a job. This is so frustrating. It makes no sense. And a family counselor even told my husband and me "you've been through a lot with him (my ex husband). It would be a good idea to put some distance between you and your ex husband." He is advocating we move out of state but there could be complications as my ex husband and I have two sons. (He has destroyed those relationships as well.)
    Please pray that God brings a good job to my husband SOON, in the mid west, near where my daughter and her family live. Please pray that my enemy is subdued and any further attacks are destroyed. Please pray that we can sell our home before it forecloses and that there are no legal complications with our moving out of state. Lastly, our credit needs to be miraculously restored. These have been a most difficult ten years. Thank you! And may God bless you for your faithfulness in prayer not only for us but for all those in need.

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Linda I know the feeling. I have been out of work now for 3 years. As a man and as a husband, I know the shame, the embarassment a husband feels and goes through, when as the supposed "Breadwinner" he finds himself suddenly unemployed.

Dear Heavenly Father Almighty and Benevolent God, we lift our voice to the heavens, to you dear Father, to petition you to hear and fulfill our needs. Father please let it become your will to assist both Linda's husband and myself also to help us to find new employment at jobs where we can best serve you as we serve the needs of our families here on earth. Father we seek always to serve you and do your will, so we pray through my Brother Christ Jesus, right now, believing that as we pray this prayer to you, you are preparing an interview with a possible new employer asking him to give us the opportunity to prove our worth as new employees.....AMEN!

1. profile image58
        Linda777posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, Dave....I so appreciate your faithful prayers and sincerity of heart. May God abundantly bless you for your kindness.

2. profile image49
      charlotteposaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Linda777, I just read your prayer request.  I just want to give you some encouragement.  I too have had an X that turned my children against me, so I know what that feels like!  The main thing is to forgive him and ask the Lord to bless him, in doing this you have submitted yourself to God (doing it His way) now you have the right and the authority to take authority over every word curse that your X has spoken over you or about you and command them to drop null and void to the ground never to return to you, your life or house again. Now take authority over any word curses that may have been spoken over your finances. Ask the Lord to vindicate you and your household.  God has given you authority, as long as you have forgiven every person, take authority over hindering spirits that are hindering the job the Lord has for your husband now, command those doors to be opended that no man can shut and all doors to be closed that are not of God.  I hope this will help and it will bless you  You are precious to the Father as well as others.  Be Blessed!!  Also, the word says, If God be for us who can be aganst us!!!  What God has blessed no man can curse!!!

1. profile image58

Thank you so much for your kind words and biblical advice.
        I have already forgiven my ex....many times....and have prayed for his salvation....continue to do so, actually. But I haven't taken authority over those spirits that are hindering my husband's possible job position....thank you so much for bringing this to my attention.
        Interesting...the Lord told me to check my email, and so I did and it was your post that I found. Now, I know why.
        Thank you so much, my dear sister in Christ.
        I am so grateful to you and to all these other prayerful sisters and brothers in Christ who have read my post and have prayed for our deliverance and blessing.
        You have touched my broken heart....may the Lord greatly bless you in all that you need!
        Love, Linda

2. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I am truly sorry for your troubles. I would be able to pray that you family gains perspective and peace.

1. profile image58

Thank you for your time in reading my post and in replying....
      Lord bless you greatly.

3. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

My love and my prayers are with you.
    Fear not, you will be soon delivered from all troubles

1. profile image58

Thank you for your sweetness...you seem to have a childlike faith...and as we know, Jesus told us that this is essential to see the kingdom of God...a childlike faith...trusting our "Daddy", regardless of circumstance.
      May you be blessed and may your faith continue to grow, as that of a child's.
      Take good care...Lord bless and increase the sweetness of your heart.

4. aguasilver profile image70
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Get hold of a book:

Prison to Praise by Merlin Carothers.

at this site they are selling it for $5;

http://www.eaec.org/bookstore/books/pri … praise.htm

I'm sure you can get it locally to wherever you are, and if you look probably cheaper (is that possible!) anyhow, read it through and get the key to changing your situation, I'm going to do a hub on it soon, but it's not ready yet.

To cut to the chase, give THANKS to God for ALL things, for when you praise Him despite circumstances, you show your trust for Him, and He will change things to a Romans 8:28 for you!

1. profile image58

Amen, Aguasilver...yes, we thank Him for the good and the not so good...because in all things do we find His hand. I am grateful for the hardships because it is the hardships by which we are truly nurtured into true Christian maturity. ....only then can we truly trust God unconditionally, regardless of circumstance...and only through struggles do we have something of worth to give to others who are likewise hurting.
      Aguasiler, you have given Godly wisdom. Thank you!

5. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

Trust in your heart that all will come good.

Be grateful for what you have and you will find that more will come.  Know that this will follow soon.  Say 'I am happy and grateful that....' then list all the positive stuff.

You are here to be joyous and when you are this, you will find more joy. It will come.

People can wish you well, but ultimately, it is you that has to look for the signs that will show you the way and believe it when I say that the pathway will unfold before you.

Ask and  you will receive.  Have faith and all will come good.

Bless you x

1. profile image58

Thank you for taking the time to care...to write...to give wise counsel.
      You are correct in what you say...to list what we are grateful for...
      an attitude of gratitude makes for a merry heart, amid great turmoil.
      Bless you!

6. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

I will certainly pray for you and your family. 

Rom 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
    Rom 12:20  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
    Rom 12:21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

1. profile image58

Thank you, SirDent...you have given wonderful Godly advice!
      God bless you in all that you need....by the way, how are you doing?
      I remembering praying for your situation about a week ago....
      May the Lord richly bless you, in all areas of your life...and those whose lives mean the most to your very tender heart.
      The Lord is faithful...and hears the cries of the righteous....Ps 34
      Take heart...and take the hand of the Lord and be greatly encouraged!
      You are dearly loved!

7. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

I am praying for you and your family. There is nothing to hard for God to do. Pray and praise God for a breakthrough.

1. profile image58

Woman of Courage is a great name for a prayer warrior...and I have the feeling this could be a good description of you. YOu are correct in praising God for the breakthrough, even before He has bestowed it. In so doing, it demonstrates our faith in His ability and desire to bless His children...and though He is compassionate, it is our faith, more than our tears, that moves God to miracles.
      Take good care...hey, didn't I see you on another posting...fighting the good fight of faith against those who would deny God? (regarding the existence of God...purpose behind prayer...etc...)
      Thank you so much for your faithfulness in prayer...we really do need all we can get!
      Lord bless you greatly for your love!

8. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

Just saw an update.  This was written 14 hours prior to my posting it here.

Surgery is finally over.She's now in the ICU.We just got to go back and see her,she's still sleeping but all the doctors are saying that the surgery went very well and she's doing outstanding!God is good!Keep sending prayers her way!smile

I want to thank everyone for their prayers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)