It is written

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

I do not think that mans physical life ever was the prime objective when the earth was created.

It is written that god said " let us make Man in our own image.
       It is written that The earth and everything in it was created for his pleasure.

It is written that our names were written in the book of life since the beginning of time.

Our names were on that list before the earth was created?

Kinda like the passengers list of those who have boarded an airplane.
      Is the book of life simply a list of those who have come to take physical form,

It is also written that the time of our departure from this life had been established since our birth.
    Is that list checked to record our return?

It would seem that the length of and quality of time that we spend here is not as importand as some of us think that it is.

I think that we take our time on earth way too seriously.

Yes it is important to US. 
      BUT It is written that this life isn't ALL that there is, just a very small portion.
      It is like we are here on vacation, and we pretty much get to do with it as we please.
      But when we get  BACK  home we will have to account or our behaveior.

Just my thoughts any way. 
       What do you think?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Utter nonsense. Of course this life is all there is. If you religious types understood this - perhaps we would behave better towards each other? IDK - worth a try maybe?

Oh - wait - it is all written already, therefore you are not responsible. sad

Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does my OP cause conflict?

I didn't insult anyone.

What if it is written beside my name in the book of life that I can be gay, or divorced ten times, or anything else that I want to be as long as I don't hurt anyone else, or lie, cheat,or steal. 

And actually I can do those things too, but I'd only be hurting myself if I did those other things also.

I never said your OP caused conflict.
          I never said you insulted anybody.

I said that it was nonsense and the silly idea that it is already written what is going to happen and the real life only starts after you are dead is - perhaps - a reason why we do not treat each other very well.

What do you think?

I didn't say that everything that is going to happen is predetermined.
              I suggested that we get to do as we darn well please,
            but we will account for our actions when we get back home.

Didn't even mention Hell or nothing like that.

I see.

And - I suggested that the idea that we can do as we darn well please and then get to account for it when we die - which is predetermined - is silly. And perhaps we would treat each other better of we realized that  - this is it.

What do you think?

I think that you think that it is silly.

2. Jerami profile image59

I also think that we can treat each other how ever we choose and we can think that we have an excuse.

We can make up an excuse for treating other people kindly, or be mean to then, whatever we have an imagined excuse to do.

We excuse ourselves however to suit ourselves according to what we want to do.

Isn't that what EVERYBODY is doing?

2. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Funny how you don't see the blatant contradiction there.

Whatever you "want to be" is obviously precluded by the fact that it is already "written beside my name in the book of life."

smile

1. Druid Dude profile image59
            Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

seriously. You are what you want to be? You wanted to be so many things. Are you all of them? What would your wife say, your kids, friends, other relatives. What would your boss say?

very profound .....   Not

Just checking in but gotta run off some more.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

It's a contradiction, Jerami, and isn't meant to be profound. smile

3. Jerami profile image59

You must have missed the phrase, You CAN Be if Ya want to".

That's the contradiction, Jerami.

I truly am sorry;  but I do not see the contrdiction.

Yes, I know, Jerami. You never do see the contradictions, a result of religious indoctrination. Seeing the contradictions would require you actually think about them using reason and logic rather than just accepting them uncritically. smile

Evidently that is not a problem confined only to the religiously indoctrinated!

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That which was in the beginning is all that will remain in the end...

So therefore where there is condemnation it comes not fom the Father but from the individuals themselves.
      Now the ones who would remain are those who understands these things and the understandings come to those who has develop the right  kind of thinking...

This Kind of thinking causes them to know Truth.. which in turn shows them all things.

So we see in the end there will be two who lives exactly the same kind of lifestyle non not with holding themselves from anything yet one will be saved and the other lost..

and again you would see another two...Who  appears to refains themselves from all things.. nevertheless one will be saved and the othe lost...

.....Why......?

Life is in the way you think ... not in what you do....

Some will understand this unto Life for themselves... for he has found the right way, the only way...

While another will also understand this and  and instead of Life he will bring death unto himself.... for he has not found the right way....

3. Beelzedad profile image59

I think you have no thoughts at all, because you believe that "It is written..."

smile

1. Druid Dude profile image59
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cause and effect in the domino theory. By dingies! IT IS WRITTEN! So whaddaya gonna do? NADA.

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think....you're close to implying the theory of universal salvation.   Which, to me, is an erroneous one.  And also according to the Bible.
      Sorry, but that's what I think.

It is written that; Those who belong to God, their names are written in his book of life since the foundation of the earth.

It is written that we can remove our names from that book according to our faith or lack thereof.  It seems that this choice is given to us.

It is also written that there are those who are the sons of Satan.  I wonder if Satan has a book of life for his children who also have a choice in being adopted or not by our father?

Believe it or not!  I attempt to read that which is written
        and not assume it to say more than it actually does.
           And I am not saying that I have mastered the technique, This is a never ending process.

To assume too much IS corrupting the infalible word of God.

Exactly my point, Jerami.  You don't think, you simply accept. smile

And YOU simply accept your assumptions to be true.

I suppose that you rationalize things the same way that others do and yet come to different conclusions.

And everybody assumes that everyone else that doesn't come to the same conclusions that we do; are not using their head properly.  So it seems that we are all caught up in the same deligma ... unaware.

Edit   gotta go take care of some business.  Ox in the ditch sort of thing.
              Be  Back this evening.

I see your assertions as contradictory, if that's what you mean.

Why don't you ask the others that question. I speak for myself.

You don't use your head, Jerami, nor do you come to conclusions, you simply accept to believe. Big difference.
              smile

When Jesus said that he had not lost  single one whom God hd intrusted to him, was he speaking about those in the book of life , or JUST his disciples?

Who was he talking bout?

Just had a thought.

It is written that there is going to be a feast.
    All the people that acted properly here on earth are going to be at that feast, sitting at the table eating.

I wonder who is cooking, doing the dishes, cleaning the outhouse etc.??

I guess some people would call that HELL.

3. Jerami profile image59

It is almost 2:30 AM ...   going back to bed .

good night Mark

Don't let the bed bugs bite. smile

1. vector7 profile image59
        vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You really shouldn't call God's Word silly Mark..

Galatians 6:7

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

smile

4. Jerami profile image59

Good morning kess.   I agree that   That which was in the beginning is all that will remain in the end...

and what was in the beginning never  "Was Not" 
    Just because we do not see something, that doesn't mean that it isn't and hasn't always been.

5. kess profile image60
    kessposted 13 years ago

All things are including nothing....

That is the beginning...and that is the end.

Now we see both and cannot differentiate between the two.

So we exist as though we are not.. this is within time, until the time comes when we see clearly.. that is the time of the coming of Truth ..which cause us to see all things including nothing and put each in their proper place.

Then time itself ceases to exist for that one for it is the realization of self which is recognised as Life without end.

Good morning Jeami.

6. PlanksandNails profile image82
    PlanksandNailsposted 13 years ago

"Dead flies make a perfumer’s oil stink, so a little foolishness is weightier than wisdom and honor."

7. profile image49
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

It is written

Who wrote it?

1. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He did! lol

1. profile image49
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean Moses?

Also 30+ others!

1. profile image49

You mean the anonymous writers?

No, there are only a few that are anonymous.
              The rest are well known. David (King), Solomon, St John, Paul, James, just to name a few!!

1. profile image49

Did Moses write anything?

What do you think?

1. profile image49

I think Moses did not write anything himself; being a messenger prophet of the Creator-God he taught whatever He revealed on him:

[20:10] And has the story of Moses come to thee?
                    [20:11] When he saw a fire, he said to his family, ‘Tarry ye, I perceive a fire; perhaps I may bring you a brand therefrom or find guidance at the fire.’
                    [20:12] And when he came to it, he was called by a voice, ‘O Moses,
                    [20:13] ‘Verily, I am thy Lord. So take off thy shoes; for thou art in the sacred Valley of Tuwa.
                    [20:14] ‘And I have chosen thee; so hearken to what is revealed.
                    [20:15] ‘Verily, I am Allah; there is no God beside Me. So serve Me, and observe Prayer for My remembrance.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … mp;verse=7

8. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

It is written?...........by who?

this sounds like a Cecil B DeMill movie

I can hear Yule Brenner now!
    "So let it be written, so let it be done..!

man-o-man, how did we get here, from what is truly available or has been found..?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)