I want to start a thread

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Onoti9 profile image39
    Onoti9posted 12 years ago

God is my source and every good thing comes from him

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't mean to be difficult, but would you be comfortable saying that to a starving child in Somalia?

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
        h.a.borcichposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And so it begins.

Chances are the OP gives financially to a church that sends food to those in need. And the chances are also good that there a more than a few greedy and godless people waiting to intercept that food and let a child starve to death.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Chances of the OP not being in touch with reality are far more likely.

1. manlypoetryman profile image81
            manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...and your touch with reality is one we should exemplify ?

If you wish.

No Thanks...but nice of you to offer. Why would I want to follow A Troubled Man's basis of reality? (Especially one that is obviously and always very noticeably "blue" on the Forums.)

Then, I take it you're not a fan of reality?

I like reality as I see it...isn't that the same as your reality?

2. manlypoetryman profile image81

Dang good answer...if you ask me...Well said!

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Source of what?

Secondly, the rest of statement is false. Those who don't hold your belief still do good in this world....explanation for that? hmm

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
        couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

His source, his wellspring, his motivation, his hope, what makes him go on, the place where he derives his strength, life, will....you know, his source.  All good things come from his source meaning all the good things in his life come from his source.  So, in his reality, your statement is the false one.

3. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes; every good comes from the Creator God; not from other gods as they don't exist.

4. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you for sharing, and you did start a thread, now just find the needle I suppose

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It would probably help.  This thread is only sew sew as threads go; too short yet.  It needs more length sewn on.

1. Cagsil profile image70

And like you two had to protect this thread from sinking lower? roll

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh.  You've found the needle and sewn on one more post.  Good work! lol

Be good, Cagsil: Santa Claus is coming to town soon!

1. Cagsil profile image70

roll

5. Philanthropy2012 profile image82
      Philanthropy2012posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh for goodness sake. If God is the source of all good, then he is the source of all evil.

If God created us being omnipotent and omniscient, none of us have free will and are carrying out the programming that he programmed us to do.

There would be no difference between us, programmed by an all knowing creator, and a robot programmed by us. We would follow his guidance as slaves.

Then the ridiculous idea that he might punish people who he forced to commit "sins" with eternal punishment truly is sadistic.

2. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

-bump- I like this thread...get ready for everything that comes with it.

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yep

2. Reality Bytes profile image73
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to the jungle....lol

3. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 12 years ago

I'd like to think you can explore your view with others who genuinely want to dialogue about it. What usually happens though is that those who couldn't care less hop the thread "demanding proof" and belittling any view of any faith. In any case, glad to see faith expressed. Merry Christmas smile

I've been feeling the same way.  I just expressed in another forum how disappointed I've been about how HP forums are degenerating.  The intelligent writers just don't seem to participate anymore because of all the sarcasm and belittling.  Many have left HP and I'm on my way. This is a writers platform but the respectful exchange of ideas has gone.

4. Onoti9 profile image39

At creation God saw that everything He created. The ecosystem with the intricate food chain and web were all His design. Nothing thrives alone but is supported the system. And God is the grand architect hence He is the source and means to source of every good thing

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I have no problem with your statement, but if God is the author of all you have to accept the good and the bad to be by His hand. Anything less is little faith. It's either all or nothing.

Yes, accepting good with bad is not the same as acknowledging where the good comes from.  The bad is of our own doing, IMO.  Neil Gaimen's book titled Good Omens, the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch, is hysterical.  The demon character, Crowley, says that man has created more ways to harm himself and others than any devil ever could.

6. oceansnsunsets profile image84
    oceansnsunsetsposted 12 years ago

The God in question, if I am not mistaken, along with the good and bad and the reasons for it in the world, are all explained in the Bible.  The bad, wasn't always so.

People have been blaming the bad in the world ON God for a long time, even though it has been explained. 

It is an underlying suggestion, that if there is evil in the world, then its God's fault, and if he doesn't stop it then that is his problem also.  All the while not listening to the origin of the problem, as given by said God. 

It all sheds no light on fact that a person can thank God for the good in their own life. 

A perfect world, or a world with evil and suffering in it.  What happened?... Some worldviews have answers, others have no answers at all.

Many are content to just observe the evil choices of some humans and suffering and conclude that this is all there is, and its tough luck for the starving kids in Somalia, for example.  All explained by materialism, or naturalism.  That is fine too, and I can accept others choose that.

7. Onoti9 profile image39

The earth is built on a foundation, and it has pillars. One of the pillars of the earth is wealth. The earth is so rich that we dont have poor places but poor people who are blind to access the wealth embedden it earth design. Starvation in somali is not an excuse. The food chain that will support Somali is there right from creation

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The reason you have access to this food chain is because someone else did the farming for you, someone did the packaging and distribution, someone did the supermarket shelf stacking, and you have a job to pay for it. All human interventions to make sure you have food. So if God meets your needs, he does so indirectly by using humans to generate a capitalist market economy.

Yes the Earth is rich but the poor are not so blind as to prevent them from accessing it; they are prevented from accessing wealth by the same capitalist market economy that feeds you.

1. Onoti9 profile image39
        Onoti9posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Capitalist were not born with silver spoon. Facebook&microsoft came on board recently. When I mean blind, I mean digging dip to draw from deposit God in dawned in every man to draw from it. Many are poor because, they have no idea, no management, and in fact no plan. Everyman is destined to follow are path. Those who discover and pursue their purpose of creation get to the top regardless their discipline

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)