Elightenment cannot be given just discovered

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (24 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

One must find the answers they need through seeking the self. I cannot tell you how to find it, I can only give suggestions. You either understand them or you don't. I cannot give you the moon or make you understand it, you must study it to find the answer. I must be with my self and struggle with my self and learn my self. This the only true important task for those that seek true enlightenment.

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
      Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is more to the world besides ourselves.We need to find God in order to find ourselves.

We have a spiritual existence,the knowledge of which is only given by God to certain spirits to bring forth to the world. It is given because of PREDESTINATION, that cannot be discovered until a certain time by the world,but already known by God's chosen few.

"Divine intervention" is both given and discovered. One can only find what is available.Certain knowledge is only given by God,which cannot be found in science nor schools of world education.

mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When I was born, I emerged in a red lobster like shell. By the time I was 6 months old, it turned yellow and flaked off. My mother told me that a psychic had told her that I was special. My mother told me tales of things I did as a child, I lit matches with my mind and I was perfect. Then I reach the age of six and it all stopped. I had a dream the day that she died, upon trying to give her a gift, she said "That I don't need where I am going." and she walked into the light. She was a sufi, so would you say that light was hell? Did I not see a glimpse of heaven or nirvana?

I walked away from that day, having a profound sense of happiness. I grieved for her but with a smile on my face and when I saw her spirit fade into the distance the day of her funeral, I began to weep. I do not buy all of the stories my mother told and I certainly do not by into everything I read. This is the problem, until it was written down, it wasn't litteral. Written words took metaphore and turned it to concrete. It was pure and changing until some egotistical, egomaniac ruler made it so. I have tried to tell people time and again, I agree with you. Why do people then take the words and not the meaning? Because of ego and preconcieved notion.

In my writings, I merely point out a path and how it has helped me to move ahead in life. I just say it how it is for me, you do not have to agree. The point is, I follow the teachings of Christ and I follow the teachings of the brahmin's, I also follow the teachings of all of the other religions we know of, but I don't follow the religion. In this sense, they are all the same to me. When I followed, I followed, I got as deep into them as one could get. Then one day I was doing some ritual and it dawned on me, it's not neccesary. God's been right with me the whole time, I just had to look inside to find it.

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel we have to know ourselves before we can know other people or God.

We also need to buffer our ego. The ego, takes everything wrong, imagines people are saying things directed at them, gets angry and wants to fight...etc.

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
          Apostle Jackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some things are said and done for the exact purpose of certain people,and have nothing to do with ego.  On the contrary,we first have to know God in order to know who we are,because He made us and know why we are born and how things will end.
          Where does testimony end,and ego begain?

2. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 12 years ago

Sure it can. Shaktipat.

I wouldn't say I was aguru, but by the way I speak, it could be inferred as such.

1. janesix profile image60
        janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you believe enlightenment can be transferred through Shaktipat?

Enlightenment is already there, most of us just haven't realized it yet. We are all part of greater one and sometimes this oneness can be awakened by a word. The word to me must mean something though, on a personal level.

If you truly want enlightenment Mischeviousme, I suggest Kundalini yoga. Go straight for it if you want the real thing. Am I suggesting you go this rout? No. It sucks. Big time. The TRUTH isn't all flowers and love and light. Remember, for every yin there is a yang. You MUST experience the yang if you want the yin. Most people don't realize that. And the only way to experience true enlightenment involves having your ego ripped to shreds. You might be able to sew the pieces back together once that's done. The key to enlightenment is submission during the kundalini process. You don't need mantras, mudras, or any of that nonsense. Just the right state of mind during meditation.

No state of mind. In the zen form of kundalini meditation, one just is. If you ask a zen master about this, he will simply say "You do as you do". I have taken yoga in two forms. The ancient Hindu version and in shaolin kung fu. I know what enlightenment is, the dilemma is in explaining it, in terms that relate to others.

3. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 12 years ago

You think you know what enlightenment is. From what you write here at HP, I don't think you really do yet. I won't bug you about it though. You will find out for yourself, the way you're going. Good luck to you.

Maybe you can enlighten me further. What is enlightenment, in your terms?

I always thought that enlightenment was being in perfect oneness with the self and the universe. I was taught that it was a realization of sorts, not something that could be given but stumbled accross. What is it that I have missed?

I think your idea of enlightenment is correct. I just don't think you've EXPERIENCED it yet. It's impossible to miss. It's a physical experience as well as a mental one. You can call me crazy, everyone does. But I know what I experienced was real. It's not something you stumble across. It's something you ask for. The universe will sometimes comply.

So you are under the impression that one cannot find it in seeking? I was taught that everyone is enlightened, only they either don't care or don't know. Enlightenment is the true knowing of the self, it is flawless self in a sense, since the enlightened live flawlessly. This does not mean that enlightened beings are not human. In Tibetan belief, there were many buddhas and each were different. One may be a thief, another may be a writer. The enlightened are just people that are fully realized beings. I have realized myself and this is but a form of enlightenment. Thus, we are all enlightened.

No, I think you can find it if you seek it.

2. profile image0

Sounds to me that it forced it's way through some blockages and felt physical.

It doesn't do that for those with no blockages.

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
              Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I began a meditation practice again about a year ago, after not doing so for about 25 years. I had a spinal fusion as a child. I began experiencing sensations in that part of my back. It was not pain, but it was odd. I talked to my chiropractor about it, he's very open minded and I've been with him for many years. He also said it was a metaphysical blockage. It didn't happen lately, so I am guessing I have worked my way through it.

In tai chi, it is said that the chi can be trapped in areas of the body. The spine and shoulders are the most common areas in which a blockage may occur. This is a result of being either too young to practice or not open minded enough to understand it, which can lead to all sorts of maladies.

2. profile image0

As long as you/we raise it slowly it should get through the blockages fine without much disturbance.

If someone raises it too fast it can literally move their whole body.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Don't take this the wrong way, but reading through the posts on this hub.....atheism is looking better and better.

5. profile image48
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Elightenment cannot be given just discovered

The Creator God is the Light; on His Mercy and Grace one can get enlightenment from Him if we pray to Him and struggle to shed off our darkness with His help.

We do not need help, we must just look at our own nature and overcome it. That is enlightenment or at least one of the many facettes of it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)