Jesus is the greatest man on earth that ever live.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (50 posts)
  1. christianajohan profile image55
    christianajohanposted 12 years ago

He suffered more than any human being does.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

nope...jesus was luckier to have suffered much less...wht he suffered is not even 10% of what many human beings go through...suffering in different levels...

2. pedrog profile image60
      pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think this guy can agree with you:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6244605_f248.jpg

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What, pray tell, does that have to do with Jesus?

Let me answer for you my own question (as you obviously need help with it) - absolutely nothing.

Jesus said, "the poor will always be with you."

He knew that human greed, and the love of money - the pride of man over love of his fellows, was not going away.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you posted that.  You're right.

I saw a documentary the other day about equatorial Guinea, and how the leader of that Country had given his son thousands of acres of government land so he could get rich.  The guy owns a mansion in the USA in Malibu and has lots of fancy cars, lives like a king.  That acreage and money could've been used for the people of Guinea instead of letting them live homeless and in poverty.
          American missionaries do all they can to help the poor in other Countries.  And I imagine other Nations try to help too.  But we can't make the money-hungry leaders of other Nations help their own people.  Even though we do try.  There's an investigation into the situation in Equatorial Guinea since the guy owns property in America too, and I think they've seized some of his automobiles, etc.

1. pedrog profile image60
            pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see, it's like the guy has a golden throne, perhaps like this guy here:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6244673_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

If that's the Pope, then I guess it's a reasonable comparison.  Except that the Catholic Church does a lot of humanitarian work.
              Hey, I'm not Catholic.  I'm just an average Christian.  And except for Vatican City, I don't think the Catholic Church is "the government" and therefore isn't legally responsible for the poor.   Morally, maybe all Christian religions are to a degree.  But as I said, the Catholic Church does provide many services to poor people.   And so do most Christian churches and Christian missionaries.

1. MyMD profile image57
                MyMDposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes. at what cost? In the name religious conversion and baptism. If conversion is stopped internationally at the UN level, then lets see how many christian charities do service.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"In the U.S. hunger and race are related. In 1991 46% of African-American children were chronically hungry, and 40% of Latino children were chronically hungry compared to 16% of white children.

One out of every eight children under the age of twelve in the U.S. goes to bed hungry every night.

In 1994 the Urban Institute in Washington DC estimated that one out of 6 elderly people in the U.S. has an inadequate diet.

The infant mortality rate is closely linked to inadequate nutrition among pregnant women. The U.S. ranks 23rd among industrial nations in infant mortality."

"The Indian subcontinent has nearly half the world's hungry people. Africa and the rest of Asia together have approximately 40%, and the remaining hungry people are found in Latin America and other parts of the world.

Half of all children under five years of age in South Asia and one third of those in sub-Saharan Africa are malnourished."

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He's praying to Jesus to stop spending so much time with the trivialities of serving Christians petty needs in exchange for a morsel of food.

3. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If ya believe bed time stories that is!

christianajohanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bed time stories are not proven. Jesus is in our history, as a great philosopher.

4. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Suffered? really?

5. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, living with the scum of society is a suffering, but what is so great in that?
      You might find it difficult but Jesus, who was born to the lowest strata of society as an illegitimate child, may not find it so difficult(that is, if he ever lived!).

2. pstmighty profile image60
    pstmightyposted 12 years ago

Jesus was God but lived here as a man, he suffered everything all of humanity could have suffered thats the reason no one deserves to suffer anything anymore because he did that for them.

1. MyMD profile image57

How can somebody do something for somebody? I don't ever see that happening in this world. Everyone works for him/her.

Love your neighbor as yourself. Loving yourself the same level as your neighbor, not loving only your neighbor and condemn yourself.

2. christianajohan profile image55

I agree with you pstmighty. We honor and praise the heavens because of Jesus' deeds

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

Jesus is and was God, even when He walked the earth. A man he relinquishes his Godly powers so that he can experience as a man what mankind had to go through.

1. MyMD profile image57

Well, if God is all knowing...then I dont see the need to experience it here and find out

1. vector7 profile image60
        vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just one little reason you overlooked...

Accusations... wink

They already question His authority and words..

I can hear it now.. "God doesn't know what it's like."

"Oops.. Forgot.. Jesus."

"My fault."

God seen that ahead of time too, lol.

He's perfect. And loves you.

smile

@MyMD god as concept is all knowing , present everywhere kind of stuff...

Right Dave Mathews! I agree with you and please help open the minds of other people so they may see God in their lives.

Help me pray for miracles that these people may be enlightened and be with us heaven.

May all of us be in heaven as what God wants us to be.

4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 12 years ago

I love this thread!  Yes He is the most awesome Loving person ever.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So do I Brenda. It's a wonderful thread. How have you been?

1. profile image0

I'm alive and kickin', just not very high these days!  haha.  How are you, Woman?  I've been missing you around here!

Hang in there. God will give you the strength to endure. smile I am doing great. I have been busy. I am here to visit occasionally. I'm not surprised at all to observe the same type of rude behavior toward christians in these forums.

1. profile image0

Yep;  same ol' same ol'. 
            But we are convinced and our hearts are set on Him, so we shall stand!  smile

Exactly! smile

2. profile image0

I'm not surprised at all to observe the same type of rude behavior toward christians in these forums, as they themselves display towards anyone who disagree.

Sorry but I don't understand you.

1. profile image0

The Christians are reaping what they sowed.

5. pinappu profile image82
    pinappuposted 12 years ago

Jesus was a great man and he was one among the great leader s of mankind like Hajarat Muhammad and Goutam Buddha.

Jesus remains one of most respected man...but i dont think he is greatest....there have been people who have suffered more physically,mentally,socially that jesus....

A prophet and for us Christians, more than a prophet. Jesus is the name above every name. I appreciate His works when He was on earth.

He explained true love. Love is all that matters why we are here able to love and feel love around.

6. profile image0
    jomineposted 12 years ago

Jesus is the greatest man on
    earth that never lived.

lol

He resurrected. That is why His apostles even fishermen in occupation tried to preach to every corners of the earth that Jesus resurrected. Our faith would  be useless if not with this truth.

Believe Him and  you will be save.

@christianajohan i was not present when he resurrected and if we go by story , he wasnt first one to be resurrected ....so such stories are not new....m glad that we have evolved enough that now no one can float such stories for any one ....

Blessings to you my dear friend! When your mother was born you were not here on earth. Won't you believe that your mother delivered you? Time is not a factor in believing the things that God has made.

God is eternal. Jesus is. Jesus teachings are very helpful even these days. Try to read the Bible and come here tell me that those teachings are obsolete.

@christiana yes i would believe that my mother existed  not because some authors wrote it in book but because humans dont come with miracles...they need parents for it...yes if someone says i was born miracly i would send that person for treatment..

... i wont believe in some 2000 yr old story just because it has been written....if u believe in jesus then on ur same standards you should believe every such stories...isnt it?...

coming to jesus teachings...i never said they are not helpful ...what i said was jesus was not greatest man ever...he was one of great man ...his impact is far lesser than impact of paul...and even pauls impact is much much lesser in front of true servers of humanity....

2. profile image0

That might be easy for him, considering the fact that he was never born.

7. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

To claim Jesus as you do in the opening statement as "The greatest man ever" is an understatement. True Jesus was a man, but Jesus was and is also God hi knowledge and wisdom is infinite.

@dave understatement or overstatement?....jesus was a man true but he was not greatest ever lived....

He was the greatest for He has done great things more than any man until these days.

what was great about his deed...he believed that he was son of god and got himself hanged in process...paul was bigger than him if spreading christianity goes...paul made it possible...or else jesus name would not have been present...

but newton , eintein and science community have done much bigger deed that this man called jesus....their impact on human life is more...

if we talk about upliftment of humanity gandhi, martin luther , mother terrasa have done more than jesus....

Suffered and died for us, Jesus has.

@christiana thats story...and even if we believe in that....i would encourage to read more about sufferings around the world ...jesus was lucky to not have suffered to that level....

coming to died for us?...well he died for his conviction like many others before him and after him died....not first one , neither last one..

Point taken, I believe He is a man and God in nature. God can do all things, all that He wants to do.

During Jesus' time, he humble himself  to show that we can follow Him and be like Him as humble one to be with God in Heaven.

1. vector7 profile image60
        vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen.

I can't wait.. big_smile

smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)