jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

The Survey Of Revelation

1. DeaneMc profile image61
    DeaneMcposted 7 years ago

The Book of Revelation (There is so much more to this, this is just a portion)

Revelation is the only New Testament book that focuses primarily on prophetic events. It's title means "unveiling" or "disclosure". Also the book is an unveiling of the character and program of God. Penned by John during his exile on the island of Patmos. Revelations centers on visions.
    The survey of Revelation is written in the form of apocalyptic literature by a prophet and refers to itself as a prophetic book.
    The three major movements in this profound unveiling are captured in chapter 1:19, the things which you have seen (1) the things which are (2&3) and the things which must take place after this.
    Careful study of and obedience to them will bring the blessings that are promised(1:13)
    Uppermost in mind and deep in the heart should be guarded the words of Jesus,"Behold I come quickly". The revelation was received by Christ from the Father and communicated by an angel to John.
    It portrays  a rich portrait of the Triune God, is followed by an overwhelming vision, manifestation of God. The omnipotent and omniscient Christ who will subjugate all things under His authority.
    Johns vision contain a command, a commendation, a correction, and a challenge.
    Revelation was written to assure the recipients of the ultimate triumph of Christ over all who rise up against Him and His saints. Though there will be dark times of persecution and even some worse times we need to be encouraged to persevere by standing firm in Christ in view of Gods plan for the righteous and the wicked. There will be a time, the Antichrist will be defeated.
    Christian's should be challenged to stop compromising with the world and going against what God's word says to do and not to do.
    Revelation centers on Christ. it begins with a vision of His glory, wisdom, and power and portrays His authority over the entire church. (I"m not talking about just people that come together in a building but the body of Christ) That is the true church of believers from all over the whole world, we just make up different parts of the church.
    He is the Lamb who was slain and declared worthy to open this book of judgment. His wrath will be poured out upon the whole earth. He returns in power to reign as the Lord over all. He will rule forever over the heavenly city in the presence of all who have excepted Jesus as Lord of their life and received salvation, become a born again believer and know Him as their personal Savior.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I came as Zaratushtra,Krishna,Mahavira,Buddha,Jesus,Mohammed and Guru Nanak-The Light smile

1. DeaneMc profile image61
        DeaneMcposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow, that's pretty interesting. I wonder which one of your names is written in the Lambs Book of Life. Perhaps all of them, do you think? And does each name have a different personality? You are quite an interesting character. Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you are up too. In my heart I would like to think you are sincere. And which God do you serve? Just wondering?

I serve the Light like Buddha,Jesus and Krishna did. smile
          Yes each is different and yet the same. smile

1. teachingpriest profile image59
            teachingpriestposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The Light could be the light bearer; which use to be Lucifer or Satan...you must be particular with God; and His name...which is Jesus!

Your philosophy is one sided ,mine is not smile You focus more on the messenger than the message. smile

2. SparklingJewel profile image66
            SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago in reply to this

there is only One God, and all Christed beings (like Buddha and Jesus) saints, prophets, sages, wise men and women, and all the Hindu "gods" of the major and original religions of the world, are manifestations of the One God,   not many Gods. It is like God is the ultimate and whole Being and all these others are parts of that Whole God Being, they have varying portions of the ultimate abilities of the One God but not the total abilities of the One God.