What is the Correct Name of our Savior? Is JESUS His Name?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Judah's Daughter profile image79
    Judah's Daughterposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6680724_f248.jpg
    "In the 1611 KJ New Testament the name Yahshua (Yehoshua) appeared originally wherever the Messiah was spoken of.  Yehoshua means Yehovah is Salvation.  Later the Messiah's name was replaced with Iesus (Greek) which later in the 1600's itbecame Jesus starting with the new English letter "J" which was introduced at that time.  Further, the Greek "Iesus" comes from the name Zeus, the ruling God in the Greek pantheon." - Gospel of The Kingdom,True Names and Title, Dr. Henry Clifford Kinley, 1931 - Ohio USA

TarSUS means Sweat of Zeus ...
    DionySUS means the Son of Zeus ...

1. no body profile image68
      no bodyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the LORD Himself laid the groundwork for names when He said His name is Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, etc. A whole bunch of names are given. God said in answer to Moses, "By my Name _YHWH_ I have not been known." There and many other places in Scripture names are given. I think it was important for God to make the world at that time to stand up and take notice that __I AM__ the God. Some people I'm sure used each of those names the Bible gives to refer to the God they worshipped.
         Now we can trace the name to its roots like you did and it is all well and good to know the most accurate name. God, I believe knows your heart and why you care, but others who know Him as Jesus or Yeshua or Jesus (Hay-sus) that approach Him to know Him through His word know Him just as well. I don't believe they give honor to Zeus because the word evolved that way. When I write, I have to speak so as to be heard. I will use Jesus because that is what people recognize. I think it would be a shame to be so accurate that no one can "hear" you or choose not to hear simply because they think you are speaking about a God with a funny name. Me personally, I appreciate the info and if God pricks my heart to start calling Him by His most historically accurate name I guess I will, but I will be surprised if that is the case. I have known Him by the name Jesus (Yeshua) sometimes, Lord, Father other times. He sees inside me and I think that is the most important. If you are motivated not to use Jesus, I understand, others may not and we Christians must be heard and understood.

2. kess profile image62
      kessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Are you then saying that those who preach and teach heal and cast out demons in the name of Jesus, they need to get the name right first before they can do.such thing?

What about those who are saved by the works of Jesus, did they also got it wrong by not quite getting the name right?

3. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

As I understand it, his name was Yahshua, but due to Jewish superstitions that you could not say God's name, Yaweh for example, his name was pronounced Yeshua. In Greek, there was no 'sh' sound, so we get Yesua. However, in Greek names ending in 'ua' are feminine and 'us' masculine, so we had Yesus. In Latin, the name was pronounced Iesus. When the letter J was introduced into English, it replaced the 'I' because it sounded more masculine. Hence we now have Jesus.

Whatever the meaning of 'Jesus' or however it is derived, it technically is not his name. So when I hear happy clappy songs like "there is power in the name of Jesus" or when people tack "in Jesus' name" onto the end of a prayer to get God's rubber stamp, I cringe inside. There appears to be a belief that the actual name 'Jesus' imbues God's power, so it is used in a formulaic manner, like waving a magic wand or saying an incantation. We may as well say abracadabra for all the good it will do.

In Jesus name is a lifestyle choice, it's coming in his name, it's being his representative in the situation where his presence is needed. You only get to be in his name by living right and according to good conscience. Then his power might flow and we might then do the things he did and greater things. Just saying "in Jesus name" is of null effect.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

1. Druid Dude profile image59
        Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

good tracking of the etymology.

2. Judah's Daughter profile image79
        Judah's Daughterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, there IS a 'sh' sound in Hebrew:  HaShem, Shema.  We have lost SO much with the Greek language.  I find it interesting, also, that when we go back to all the ancient writings, we won't find even 'Yah'shua because the Jews did NOT believe He was Yah's salvation.  I mean, the temple was greatly shaken by such an earthquake when He died, the holy of holies' temple veil was ripped in two!  Shortly thereafter, their temple was destroyed!

Our Savior's name in English really should be Joshua, not Iesous/Jesus, based on the meaning of the names alone.  The Hebrew language certainly uses the name 'Yah' (short form of Yahweh) in Ex 15:2 “The LORD (Yah) is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will extol Him" and Ps 118:14 “The LORD (Yah) is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.”  The Hebrew word for 'Savior' is 'Yasha' and the Hebrew word for 'salvation' is 'teshuah'.  However, if we were to add an 'h' on the end of Yahshua, even Yeshua, it becomes known as the '5-letter name' used in the occult (Pentagrammaton, rather than Tetragrammaton).  Would the Jews use Yehweh instead of Yahweh, if they were to spell out the Tetragrammaton?

2. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

What is the Correct Name of our Savior? Is JESUS His Name?

I had to place the question there so I could remain focused. This is a respectful question and I am respectful of the inquiry. However, I am in a weird mood and reflecting, so forgive any odd thoughts I may introduce.

One could be very philosophical with this as a question. First, you asked what is correct and to be honest, I simply do  not know, even with all the research and reading of the past. I know off my head at least a half-dozen Jesus (how do you write Jesus in the plural form?). And, they all work where I work.

I read their names everyday. So, attributing the name Jesus to the deity of God is kinda' like numbness of sorts. Then how do you pronounce it. Some of those friends of Hispanic decent, again being a bit weird, doesn't it say 'His'panic, oh well. Some say Jesus more like hey zeus others like hey sus, and others still pronounce it like Geez us. So, in more recent years I have noticed the trend to mysticism with Yahweh spelled who knows how many different ways.

I experienced amnesia a long time ago and I have a bipolar diagnosis. I tend to become cryptic at times, especially when writing, more so with poetry. I read a book once titled something like 'what is in a name' or was it a hub, yeah it was a poem by a hubber. Now, that says a whole bunch if you take a moment and just listen instead of reading. I know cryptic.

I'm running along maybe a tad too much, but it is fun. Have you ever wondered what the name of the Father is? Or how about the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost? Then ponder HS or HG, wells comes to mind and what was the name of that story the 'war of the worlds.'

I like the fact the question asks of 'our' rather than 'my' which lends to possession of sorts. That has always been a turn off for me when a person witnesses to me and says 'my savior.' I hear that and walk away, since if the savior is yours then he can't be mine. Who owns God anyway?

I'm not being critical, only passing some thoughts. I studied patriarchal and matriarchal stuff in sociology classes. From the understanding I have, which very well can be wrong, is that relating to the trinity it is three are as one. Then how could one here act single minded without the consensus of the other two? I have been told sin is separation from God? If Jesus was separated here on earth with the ministry, from the other two entities or essences then explain how Jesus was not sin, to me. Wasn't Jesus separated from the other two? I just don't get it, I guess.

What I hear is Jesus is singular and not plural, yet I don't know how to spell the plural of Jesus, so maybe there were more than one, and we just don't know. After all who knows God? I know God knows, yet I don't for certainty or least could ever explain, if'n I did of course. Have you ever pondered and played with words. I do bunches. Realizing it is English I dicker with I do funny things like

Our Savior
    Our King
    Our Lord
    yet, as alluded to in another comment, tossing words about in public prayer, it is said Our Lord, Our Savior, Our King. Again playing a bit K is before L and then there are a whole bunch before S arrives. I think 6, to be exact m, n, o, p, q, r and that makes 6. Six in mathematics is the first perfect number - google it. I have wandered about way too much, now wondering about angels and hierarchies and stuff. Identity theft comes to mind too for some odd reason. Could that have happen in history too. Remember learning about Torries and Whigs? I'm really drifting now.

Focus, clear the mechanism, and here is my answer step one first then step two.

What is the Correct Name of our Savior? Answer. Does it really matter and I'm not talking science here either.

Is JESUS His Name? Answer. Jesus is a masculine name, therefore we can attribute it to 'his' as a him or is it hymm? Can Jesus be attributed to the Savior of the 1st being one in the same I say no, not today. Then I toss out to believers Hebrews 13:08, and then seal the deal with Galatians 2:20 then think of a name, because there are really more than can fit on an eye of a needle.

3. Judah's Daughter profile image79
    Judah's Daughterposted 11 years ago

I am home from work, and thrilled to see everyone's great input to this question.  I have to share from my heart because, as I've grown in Bible study and research of the Bible, I was first shocked and saddened that some of the scripture passages in the New Testament were admittedly altered, which has caused some serious division in the body of Christ.  For example, Mat 28:19 and 1 John 5:7-8, which are not the topic of this forum.  My point is, I've come to learn that Yahshua (Jesus) did NOT have a disciple named "James" either.  His NAME was Ya'akov (what we pronouce as Jacob!)  WHY did the Bible translators NOT use Jacob's name in the New Testament?  I listened to Pastor Lance Hahn of Bridgeway Christian Church in Rocklin on Christian radio recently and he's the one to sparked me onto this research.  He said that maybe King JAMES didn't want such a Jewish-sounding name as a disciple of Jesus.

Here's some information regarding Ya'akov to James, for a starter: http://www.hebrew-streams.org/works/mis … kobos.html

Well, considering all the information about Constantine embracing paganistic celebrations and so forth into his 'Catholic' religion, and the fact that Catholic priests coined the term 'Trinity' and altered the text of the New Testament to support this theology in the Textus Receptus, from where the KJV of 1611 was originally translated, NOT using the name of Yahshua (even Yeshua), but Iesous - And the fact King JAMES named the disciple James...what MORE am I going to discover?  Should we just bury our heads in the sand and stick with tradition?  I don't think the Holy Spirit wants us to be stagnant, for He leads us into the Truth!  So, as you can see, I'm just a tad bit alarmed, okay?  Breathe.......

1. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I empathize with your words. My intent was to wander in words and share the wandering. One day, I thought when was the bible written. Spending a long time of research before computers relying on microfiche & old books I searched and searched. Then I took a class at Palomar College with a professor, Mr. Gary Zacharias - English Dept.. The class was Studying the bible as literature. The doors opened and closed both. I threw away all the teaching from the legalistic view or at least placed in storage. Hearing someone say it is the greatest story ever told, from research learning the story was first told, knowing it was writ so many, many years later I realized what you have shared. It has changed. A very good friend of mine is a man no longer on this plane, Father Michael, who taught me, even though I am not catholic sharing much. The words he spoke to me is 'Tim, sooner or later you will stop studying." Then he whispered in my ear, "That is when it is in your heart." It took  many more years before I understood those words. And, then  . . .

I wrote a hub titled, Discovering Codex: A life’s Journey Becomes Parody, Today (04/05/2012 = 5 or just shy of perfect), which may offer some insight. Not sure. The point of that article is sometimes we can search and search and search and never find the answer. Then suddenly, something comes along, not of our doing, then low and behold the answer, yet of a different question.

By the way, James is one of the best books I have ever studied. If you asked me a question about it I would tell you I dun'no. Then say, "Let's go look it up."

tim

Well, I'm not sure I support 'Father' Michael's word to you of "Tim, sooner or later you will stop studying.' Then he whispered in my ear, 'That is when it is in your heart."

We are disciples, which is the Greek word 'mathetes' - a learner, disciple, pupil.  From it we get the word 'discipline'.  We can keep in mind the Bereans as we read Acts 17:11 "Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures DAILY to see whether these things were so."

The Word of God (Written and in Spirit) is the Rock upon which our house is built and the winds of other doctrines can blow against it and not prevail (Mat 7:24; Eph 4:14; Mat 16:18).  Yahshua is the One who 'opens our minds that we might understand the scriptures' (Luke 24:45), for simply reading will not give us anointed understanding.  And what an 'epiphany' when the enlightment of solid Truth plants a Seed deep within the very core of our being.

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Will studying fom Greek and Hebrew interlinears solve the problem? Not sure, but it has to be better than reading a King James. And according to the prefaces of a couple mode translations I have, they translated not word for wod, or even by phrase, but in accordance to what the writer was trying to say. Now how on Earth is that possible? What we get is a translation in accordance with the beliefs of the translators.

Definitely, study the original Hebrew and Greek.  Even when you look up the name 'Jesus' a concordance (i.e the Strongs) will tell you the root of His name, which is Hebrew.  All we can do is DO our best to be dilligent disciples.  God will hold those severely accountable that changed His name, if that's indeed what they did for 'pagan' enticement.  Since the RCC has admitted to altering Mat 28:19, which is stated to be out of the very mouth of Yahshua, is that not blasphemous?  Surely, He is the Judge, the Almighty.  God's children have been harmed by deception, yet His Spirit will deliver us from it.  He will show us the tares sown among the wheat.  He is FAITHFUL.

4. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

Hello JD for short. Getting late and I take short cuts then. Forgive me if offensive. I agree with what you share. Most emphatically. Father Michael was a nice chap. After years more of studying, what I perceived is that is not my job. Allowing my heart to guide I realized others have that gift and I have what I have been blessed. Having the bout of amnesia explained in several hubs the fact of memorization just ain't my thing. Scientifically proven. I understand that is Calvinist thought, however science is science.

And, for this self, I will continue to rely on a good old Vines expository/dictionary if need be. Yet, now and then I dash to Francis Shaeffer, C.S Lewis, and even Samuel Clemens now and then. Of course Poe is a favorite too. And William James and his treatise on the 'Will to Believe' is handy now and then. I look up to a Poet in Sweden with the name Tomas Gösta Tranströmer (copied pasted to be sure correct). His awe of Haydn is amazing.

Yet, music opens up great debate with Satan or Lucifer being the original Angel of music for heaven it seems. One could spend a lifetime learning and according to the Gallup Organization book 'Now Discover Your Strengths' that is what I have a classification for. Taken about a half dozen times the result always the same over say fifteen years. Some I know have even said how sad. Seems a learner is more interested in the path than the destination, sort to speak. That was another great lesson I learned from Father Michael, again a friend, but wise indeed.

Having read a few, I say only a few of the hubs you have shared, I voted, then moved on. I must say a teacher seems to be lurking somewhere, what about school? I used to look forward to my fiche expeditions when younger, sitting at a table, notes and all. One of the  most amazing things about amnesia is you get a clean slate, again sort to speak. That was one thing about Father Michael I liked. He didn't really care I went to Evangelical Free church. His care was we could have a great debate or friendly talk, then give each a handshake, which is a male macho hug (smile).

This has been a blessing for me and I thank  you. However, I would like to get a hub writ or is it wrote soon. Tomorrow are doctors to see, then work, for me. I tend to float about a bit, I comment normally much less than this, except when in an odd mood, a bipolar thingy, otherwise I read much, then vote, like we get to do here in the US in Nov, so don't forget . . .

tim and sometimes timmy

Well, the 'path' (Way - hodos) is narrow (Mat 7:14).  Did you know that when Yahshua said, "I am the Way", the Greek word for 'Way' is also 'hodos', meaning 'way, road, journey, PATH'?  It seems to me you remember a great deal.  The teachings of man can cloud or indoctrinate, making what is in the Word of God harder to receive.  For instance, 'Lucifer' was also a proper name insterted by the Catholic hiearchy - that name was never in the Bible.  Satan was never an angel, if you study the Word.  Isaiah 14 is written about a fallen cherub, and is not the same cherub in Ez 28, who as in the garden of God.  Isaiah 14 is speaking to the king of Babylon; Ez 28 is speaking of the king of Tyre - two kings that are not the same entity, for they battle against each other in Ez 29:18. 

A doctor of Psychology once told me I have what's called an 'eidetic memory', in that I remember written material.  Yahweh promised that His Word would never return to Him void, that it would accomplish all it was sent to do (Is 55:11) and that He will bring to our remembrance the things He said (John 14:26).  I would recommend reading the Bible, rather than so many books written by men, which obviously you remember what they teach, even 'Father Michael'.  I've learned that the New Testament should be interpreted by the Old and not the other way around ~ what a difference it makes.  I love you in the love of our LORD, Yahshua.

1. tsmog profile image84

Yet, what of Thomas and Mary? And if not, may I humbly ask why? The short treaties regarding James could be used for Justification of those two text and a few others. You alluded to divisions in the body then too. I ask a question, not going deep into biology, but closer to physiology. Using the body as metaphor or simile of sorts, the body is divided in more ways than one. The sum of the parts are greater than the whole?

Here is a question I have. No trickery. Just inquiry. Did or did not Christ appear to Paul before becoming Paul? Was it or was it not after the ascension? Remember this is for my inquiring mind. This thought arose about a month back. I haven't researched it yet. If those are facts, could one not say the second coming has already taken place? Or, did that event take place before the ascension? Again, I simply do not remember. OG or old guy stuff. I have a Dr appt. and need to shower or they will call the people in white coats - giggle, giggle, smile.

I thank you gratefully and humbly for this discussion. And, I most emphatically appreciate the follow and kind words. I may disappear, but that is because of my work schedule. When working I have maybe a half hour a day for hubpages. I tend to read, click a review and vote. That is what I alluded to when I said I read your hubs and then moved on to another of your hubs. Time is a commodity for  me.

AFC

tim

Yahshua appeared to Sha'ul AFTER His ascension, as a bright light and spoke to him in the HEBREW language, so when He said, "I AM JESUS", He really said, "I AM Yahshua." (Acts 26:14-15)

5. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

His proper name would actually be: Joshua ben Joseph {Yoshua ben Yosef or the son of Joseph}.
    But, the "name" issue is really only one of doctrine regarding the necessity to use the "name" itself to scare the -well- b`Jesus out of these supposed demons, to perform healing and bring the dead to life or death to others for lieing {see Sapphira}.

But, realistically, no "name" is required to receive the gift of salvation, nor heal, nor walk on water, nor be transformed into the original/actual person we were created to be.

James

I'm certain Yahshua knows our hearts, for we do not speak Hebrew.  However, in English His name should have been written as Joshua, like Joseph, Jacob or Jude, etc.  Now, when I meet someone from another culture/country I may speak English, but will yet pronouce thier name the way they do, out of respect for them.  Some names are so hard to pronounce, someone may take on an English acceptable name like 'Wendy', when it's nothing like their name.

In Acts 26:14-15 we read, "And when we had all fallen to the ground, I heard a voice saying to me in the HEBREW dialect, 'Sha'ul, Sha'ul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'  And I said, 'Who are You, Lord?' And the Lord said, 'I am Yahshua whom you are persecuting'."

Considering Sha'ul was a Jew and wrote the majority of the New Testament, I find it interesting we don't have his writings in Hebrew, but that the whole NT is written in Greek.  I understand Greek was the main language of the culture, and thus we have the Septuagint (the Old Testament written in Greek).  I mean, was the NT originally written in Hebrew, as the OT?  There are examples of Jewish idoms throughout, as with "No man knows the day nor the hour", which is another name for the Feast of Trumpets, Rosh Hashanah.  In research of my question I found this very informative article: http://www.yashanet.com/studies/matstudy/mat3b.htm

1. tsmog profile image84

Hello JD. How are you on this day. I was reviewing the writing of past, wondering what I  may have said. Challenges with memory at times I am blessed, maybe? I studied a man of greatness in my view once, called pastor Charlie. He suggested to me when on a quest to understand, "why not just write it in your own words. It just may have more meaning for your chosen  ministry." And, that I did.

The mind a miracle of sorts since it has the capacity to be selective, collective, and at times weary too. Since I'm remembering a thought just now is my first job when a wee lad was as a greeter. My job had one responsibility - say "hello", ask where they would like to go, then share with them that path. It was a big church on a university campus in West Virginia, Campus for Christ was flourishing then, like a new budding flower.

For the visitors it seemed like a maze. So many corridors, halls of sorts, and rooms everywhere. I used to chuckle, maybe grew a red tinge then too, when someone came back to me, I think maybe I was 13 then, and say, that was the 8th grade room, I am looking for the college group. Or, I sent a single man to the nursery once, remembering he seemed as confused as me - lol. I used to get things confused, but it was fun. Soon I learned and knew better than the back of my hand all those nooks, crannies, and such. Most importantly I knew where the kitchen was to get a Sunday morning breakfast.

What was really cool was discovering all the secret passage ways. Seems the church used to be a way station sort to speak along the 'road to freedom' for the slaves back during or about the civil war days. I could go on with a story of two about my friends then, maybe a hub one day. I remember the day that 'pig-pen' almost fell through the attic floor when we went on an adventure to the top of the bell tower. Ol' man Mr. Riggs gave us a here-to-fore about that one, yet he never told our parents, (from my memory, since I didn't get in any kind of trouble).

Well, I was stopping by, to remember what I said, drifted with new memories of old, and that is a miracle of sorts, another long story. What I do know is like I mentioned earlier, sometimes we search and search, and then an answer pops up, yet to a different question. Seems, this adventure in this forum has been just that for me. I thank you being the facilitator of that miracle of sorts. How cool.

tim

Well, tim ~ God led you to remember to come back to check your question and read the answer! :-) lol ~ you are a joy.  God bless you!

6. Verily Prime profile image56
    Verily Primeposted 11 years ago

GREAT discussion and thanks for the history lesson - I especially like the fact that you underscored the fact is that even though we may call The Christ by some pagan name - it is our hearts He is going to look at knowing that we meant to refer to Him as Sovereign Savior.

AMEN.  Just as He knew those who put Him on the cross, those He came to SAVE, did NOT know what they were doing: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34), I'm certain He lovingly understands how very much we don't know - what patience and grace!!  How could any have conviction about the 'Name'?  WE LOVE HIM with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength and because of His love in us, we love our neighbors as ourselves.  That is what is most important.  For me, I am calling Him Yahshua from now on, since it is my heart's conviction.  I know all these years I have called Him Jesus, I was loving Him (without the knowledge of His true, Hebrew name).  He is so awesome!

7. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

Again, like those faded jeans, my memory said, "huh?" I forgot to mention my nickname then was toothpick - go figure. Any hoot, that attic floor 'pig-pen' almost fell through, yup, it was also the sanctuary ceiling . . .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)