What is your favorite brand of comfortable shoes?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Puglucy profile image59
    Puglucyposted 13 years ago

I lost my job about 6 months ago, and I'm thinking about opening a local shoe store and featuring comfort footwear.  Anyone willing to share your favorite brands or trends you've noticed in footwear?

1. profile image0
      Maddy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well they're usually not casual, but I have great luck with Nine West shoes. Their sizes fit my feet perfectly, they are moderately priced with good quality, comfortable, and usually look great too. American Eagle flats are along the same lines for me

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

2. Benjamin Walk-The brands are, Touch ups, and Colorful Creations

Men's Shoes
      My husband wears Bally Of Switzerland-Though very expensive $300.00 and up, they are made from sheep skin and are very soft. But very beautiful

2. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 13 years ago

Well, I wouldn't say they are "comfort" shoes, but I like wearing black Sketchers. They fit the role of casual wear, match my suit and tie for the business look, and they have the traction for hiking. They rock! big_smile

3. jeremyframer profile image61
    jeremyframerposted 13 years ago

For sneakers, I prefer Asics, I find them very nice. Perfect for running.

1. camlo profile image83
      camloposted 13 years ago

As a child, I had to wear Clarks shoes and Hush Puppies ... very comfortable, but I wouldn't be seen dead in them nowadays smile
      As far as sneakers go, I find Reeboks to be the most comfortable (wear them only for work), even if they're not the most stylish.

1. adrienne2 profile image66
        adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with camlo I love my Reeboks.

2. profile image0
      Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

Not sure what you mean by comfort footwear - but I like Nike for Trainers - sketchers are good - but I don't like any sort of flats.  I'm sorry that you lost your job - I hope that you find exactly what you want.

1. harleymeighan profile image60
        harleymeighanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am also a Nike fan, so I prefer this brand.

3. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 13 years ago

I would have to vote for the S.A.S. brand of shoe. Some may classify these as "old lady shoes" but I can tell you they are the closest things to comfort & durability I know. 

They have different styles, too, that are trendy. I wear them, don't care what people say, it's necessary.  They are good!

Also, the Drew manufacturer makes orthopedic-type shoes that ar built for looks & comfort.

4. richtwf profile image61
      richtwfposted 13 years ago

I like Timberland deck shoes as they're both comfortable and casual.

5. gracenotes profile image90
      gracenotesposted 13 years ago

I'm afraid I'll show my age here.  I like Clark's and Crocs.  There are far more styles of Crocs on their web site than you'll ever see in a store.

I have foot problems, and I must be comfortable.  Sometimes I can wear Nine West and Naturalizer.  No high heels for me.

I like the idea of opening a store with comfort shoes.  There are a lot of us Baby Boomers with aching feet.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...have a few....most comfortable are my Finn 'flip flops'

7. adrienne2 profile image66
      adrienne2posted 13 years ago

As of late I wear my Crocs just about everywhere, and love, love, love them.

8. Pro Design Source profile image59
      Pro Design Sourceposted 13 years ago

Birkenstocks & Tevas are the most comfortable shoes I wear!

9. Dorothee-Gy profile image65
      Dorothee-Gyposted 13 years ago

My most comfortable summer shoes this year were from Valleverde (Italian), not only very beautiful and flashy, but also wonderfully comfy. For fall and winter it would be Högl (Austrian), very good shoes, very high quality. Ara comes to my mind (German), have made a tremendous jump from old-ladies-shoes to chic and stylish.

Actually, what I look most for in shoes (and a reason why I can hardly buy American shoes anymore) is a LEATHER INNER, which is more important than the outside of the shoe. Manmade inner is a no-go if you want a comfortable shoe (here I don't mean the sneakers with the textile inner). Anything that looks like leather, but isn't, is almost guaranteed to make your foot hot and sweaty and uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, in the last 5 years or so, I have noticed that the shoes in the US more and more have their focus on being as stylish as possible, but not on the materials, and I would say that this fires back. By now, I'd say, European shoes are higher quality (especially Italian, they have always had the most wonderful shoes, but also Germans have caught up and make great shoes these days, like K&S or Tamaris).

Oh, and Soefft, they're great too, good quality. And not to forget, Paul Green, always wonderful shoes with great leather finish on the inside and good arch support. Oh, and I forgot, Ecco are always good, too.

If I (as an absolute shoe-affecionado) would be asked, I'd always look for the most comfortable, high quality shoes that are still chic and flashy. They don't have to look like comfy shoes normally do, they can be really beautiful and still be a joy to wear. And there aren't too many shops that seem to be specialized in that, I would drive quite a way to find one.

10. calpol25 profile image59
      calpol25posted 13 years ago

I was the manager of a shoe store for 2 yrs in England and will tell you the trends in shoes are difficult to keep up with so good luck with it remember retail is detail.

my brands are hush puppies because the are always so comfortable, and timberland boots because they always support your foot properly without causing any blisters etc.

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Merrells!

12. profile image0
      miolunaposted 13 years ago

I prefer ECCO

13. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Aerosoles.  Even the heels are super comfortable.

14. breakingnews profile image40
      breakingnewsposted 13 years ago

here we love BATA

15. prideswalk profile image61
      prideswalkposted 8 years ago

We made comfortable and designer shoes by own. We love our brand *haha*

16. profile image53
      CharlieLouisposted 7 years ago

Specifically love wedges more than heels and I got tons of them back in my wadrobe. There are two one is a gift from a friend which is brandless and the other one is Anna Nucci. They are entitiled for their killer wedding heels, but firstly, their wedges design are simple yet nice for casual wears. What I like about them is they'll go back to their orgin theme thus there's a shimmery metallic texture to my wedges. *I'll post a pic in case no one understands. Secondly, it is really comfortable and for a few good months my feet has no pains or discomfort at all. Thirdly, it is durable and is still in perfect condition till today. 

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13011512.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)