jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

New Browser?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
    DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago

What, if anything, has anyone heard about the new "Water Fox" browser?

My husband just discovered it today, and downloaded it to try....says "so far..."  (famous last words?)...no freezing, no hang-ups, nothing.... (His machine runs on Win 7).

I have XP Pro on mine.

Is this a good or not good browser?  What say you techno-geeks? wink  ...and I mean that in a most complimentary sense...

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's just Firefox trying to hop on the Chrome bandwagon isn't it?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image89
        DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've no idea...but given the similarity of names...a good assumption, probably....

1. SimeyC profile image87
          SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yep - it's built using the Firefox source code and is aimed at 64 bit machines...kinda a super duper Firefox I guess..

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is yet another Firefox based browser like Palemoon, and Comet Bird. Even Tor uses the same platform.  These browsers are based on the Mozilla Firefox source code.  All work well, some faster than others depending on what you are doing online at a particular time. 

I am sure there are many more browsers bouncing around on the internet that are based on the same source code. smile

Do note they are NOT "Firefox" browsers however. smile

2. ketanm profile image86
    ketanmposted 3 years ago

It is a 64-bit software, so better to use it on 64-bit OS. A better option could be PaleMoon. As Dale Hyde mentioned, there are various browsers based on firefox source code. So try and see which one works and suits your OS/system.

Its impossible to settle the debate on 'which is the best browser' :-)

Wikipedia  has a good list of browsers...