jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What's Your Experience of Twitter?

1. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 23 months ago

As a source of Hub traffic, what's your experience of traffic?
    In recent days I've been taking a look at Twitter Analytics (Duh... I never noticed the menu item for it before!). Anyway I've noticed that the click through rate is extremely low, but I also discovered that potential readers seem to get confused and click on hash tags instead of the intended link. I wish there was some way of highlighting links or alternatively an option during composition of a tweet  to hyperlink the attached photo.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 23 months ago

Most twitter users are quite familiar with how it works, maybe you just use interesting looking hashtags?

I think click through is good if you have engaged followers and it matches their interests.  'Follow back' and promotional handles, not so much.

3. sparkster profile image91
    sparksterposted 23 months ago

Personally I find Twitter incredibly useful and I get more traffic from Twitter than I do from any other social network.  However, the majority of my traffic does come from Google (i.e. SEO) and from within Hubpages.

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 23 months ago

I seem to get lots of impressions. But as for link clicks, forget it. And many of those titles are downright provocative, but still nary a click to be found.

1. eugbug profile image95
      eugbugposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I get lots of impressions also but only about 1% result in clicks.

5. Dale Hyde profile image88
    Dale Hydeposted 23 months ago

I use Twitter here some, but mostly on my blog.  I also use it via Hootsuite which allows me to schedule Tweets in advance.   I do get quite a few views and from those views the stats show some are clicking on my Google Adsense ads.

6. misslong123 profile image93
    misslong123posted 23 months ago via iphone

I bought a book on Twitter and I think to make your followers happy you need to be consistent with your posts. I think a daily update would be good but I haven't been that ambitious yet.