jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What's Your Experience of Twitter?

1. eugbug profile image94
    eugbugposted 2 years ago

As a source of Hub traffic, what's your experience of traffic?
    In recent days I've been taking a look at Twitter Analytics (Duh... I never noticed the menu item for it before!). Anyway I've noticed that the click through rate is extremely low, but I also discovered that potential readers seem to get confused and click on hash tags instead of the intended link. I wish there was some way of highlighting links or alternatively an option during composition of a tweet  to hyperlink the attached photo.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Most twitter users are quite familiar with how it works, maybe you just use interesting looking hashtags?

I think click through is good if you have engaged followers and it matches their interests.  'Follow back' and promotional handles, not so much.

3. sparkster profile image92
    sparksterposted 2 years ago

Personally I find Twitter incredibly useful and I get more traffic from Twitter than I do from any other social network.  However, the majority of my traffic does come from Google (i.e. SEO) and from within Hubpages.

4. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

I seem to get lots of impressions. But as for link clicks, forget it. And many of those titles are downright provocative, but still nary a click to be found.

1. eugbug profile image94
      eugbugposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I get lots of impressions also but only about 1% result in clicks.

5. Dale Hyde profile image86
    Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago

I use Twitter here some, but mostly on my blog.  I also use it via Hootsuite which allows me to schedule Tweets in advance.   I do get quite a few views and from those views the stats show some are clicking on my Google Adsense ads.

6. misslong123 profile image92
    misslong123posted 2 years ago via iphone

I bought a book on Twitter and I think to make your followers happy you need to be consistent with your posts. I think a daily update would be good but I haven't been that ambitious yet.

working