jump to last post 1-23 of 23 discussions (29 posts)

Google Chrome

1. Mac Mission profile image61
    Mac Missionposted 6 years ago

Google chrome is just like a chrome browser. I just downloaded and started using this. I dont feel any difference in browser. Do any body use google chrome os? share your thoughts

1. Stephanietayla profile image60
      Stephanietaylaposted 6 years ago in reply to this
    2. Cleanclover profile image61
      Cleancloverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I used to use it but mozilla firefox is better.

3. free ubuntu now profile image61
      free ubuntu nowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I use a Linux development version of Chrome as my default browser and love it. The flash is so much nicer without the choppiness of other browsers. I E is way to slow, but Firefox is good. Chrome now has some great plug-ins similar to Firefox and it's getting better with the launch of Chrome OS, which I tried. I like Chrome OS, but Ubuntu is the best. People need an OS that's not mostly internet based, which Chrome OS is. It takes away a lot of options and I like options.

2. Bovine Currency profile image61
    Bovine Currencyposted 6 years ago

I use chrome.  Suits me fine.  I prefer it to IE or Mozilla.

1. Mac Mission profile image61
      Mac Missionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

are you using vmware or directly like windows

1. Bovine Currency profile image61
        Bovine Currencyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

3. 0
    andhra historyposted 6 years ago

IE and Mozilla are far better than Chrome. i used chrome and switched back to Mozilla.

4. 0
    Hikikomoriposted 6 years ago

Google Chrome is quite good, but I prefer Firefox.

Firefox is more flexible. I think Google Chrome was created with noobs in mind.

5. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

I used Google Chrome but went back to IE8 Chrome appeared to go through some hiccups and I didn't have time to work through them. When it was able to function it certainly brought the web up more quickly, once they iron out the glitches I would probably use it again. smile

6. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

I really like Google Chrome and haven't had any of the hiccups that AE describes.

7. articleposter profile image59
    articleposterposted 6 years ago

Google chrome ment to be faster then any other browsers, unfortunately it's a failure for Google. That's why you don't see it updated much.

Many people think that the reason why it's not successfull as others such as IE and Firefox is that it's not Open Source. Google realised that and making Google Wave as an open source, good move by big G.

Personaly I use Firefox, as it's Open Source it has Millions of plugins which you can make use of.

1. 0
      Hikikomoriposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google Chrome is updated very often - probably more so than Firefox. Also, It's open-source, while IE isn't. Non open-source software tends to be more popular than open-source software.

Google Chrome is a good browser - the second best browser after Firefox out there in my opinion.

8. skmania profile image60
    skmaniaposted 6 years ago

google chrome is nicely done.it works fine even for the low bandwidth users.I use google chrome.

9. Stephen Beck profile image60
    Stephen Beckposted 6 years ago

I've used Google Chrome, IE, and Firefox.  I didn't like chrome with Windows XP.  However, I recently updated to Windows 7, and Chrome runs great.  I prefer it to the others.

10. dave272727 profile image60
    dave272727posted 6 years ago

I like Chrome and it is faster than other browsers when you have a slower connection.  For everyday surfing I prefer Firefox.  It is updated regularly and there are several plug-ins that are readily available and free.

11. L3B0 profile image79
    L3B0posted 6 years ago

I used it for a short while but got over it and started using Mozzila....Its a brilliant web browser though and im reconsidering going back to it

12. modeca profile image55
    modecaposted 6 years ago

I use Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Chrome is definitely the faster browser, then Safari, then Firefox.

I would use Chrome exclusively apart from the fact that I have many plugins installed on FF that I can't do without.

13. samsoft profile image61
    samsoftposted 6 years ago

Oh Yes, i have used the Google Chrome and it really great

14. aguasilver profile image87
    aguasilverposted 6 years ago

Chrome and although it took me a while to adjust, I now prefer it to Mozilla Firefox...

15. 0
    askpowersposted 6 years ago

though chrome is an efficient browser, but its very delicate, as it crashes easily.
    I have just heard about the OS of Google, most people say its good, so i am gonna try it now wink

16. climberjames profile image61
    climberjamesposted 6 years ago

Im a big fan of Chrome browser over IE.

Speed and awesome themes make it my first choice smile

17. skmania1 profile image60
    skmania1posted 6 years ago

I love chrome ..Its just works superfine for me.

It has got cool extensions too:)

18. ericsomething profile image79
    ericsomethingposted 6 years ago

Chrome is excellent on my Linux box (and also playing with the Chromium version; can't tell much difference there). I like it a whole lot better than Firefox. But Opera (using 10.60 beta) is still faster.

19. theboxmeister profile image78
    theboxmeisterposted 6 years ago

Its hard to choose the best browser. Now with the Firefox 4 in beta, with safari adapting extensions with chrome bringing simplicity to the browser and opera just running fast, all those implementing the latest web standards and technologies it is more like a personal opinion of who is better. One thing only is internet explorer who is still way back.

20. passthejelly profile image81
    passthejellyposted 6 years ago

Personally, I think it is faster. I also like the set up of it, but there won't be much of a difference in any browser you use.

21. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

I noticed that chrome shows no glitch with hubpages. Firefox 3.6.8 has issues with text-capsule.

22. tonybaldwin profile image59
    tonybaldwinposted 5 years ago

I've been using chromium-browser (the free/open source core upon which google-chrome is built) as my default browser for over a year.  I love it!  Firefox is nice, but I prefer chromium.
    I am using it on Debian GNU/Linux.

23. transinata profile image80
    transinataposted 5 years ago

I am using both. but for the lighter browser I choose chrome. Firefox often stacked when you have many addon installed and many tabs opened. You can see on task manager, firefox consumes many RAM after opening many windows tabs.