Holiday in Italy-Ten things to do in Sardinia
Holidays in Italy
Frequent travellers to Italy should consider the unique Island of Sardinia. Steeped in rich history,artisan skills such as jewellery making are still thriving, and there are hundreds of festivals every year.
Sardinia's Emerald coast is visited by the international jet set, but there is no reason why anybody can't enjoy a holiday on the beautiful island of Sardinia.
Ten Things to do in Sardinia
1. Make sure you visit Porto Cervo located north of Sardinia , and is the main centre of Costa Smeralda . Take a look at the Yachts in the splendid old and new Harbours.Sample the Piazzetta , the best place to come for entertainment night. Here you can find many cafés, bars and restaurants that provide live music and a wonderful relaxing atmosphere.
2.Wander around the delightful old walled town of Alghero one of the most important tourist resort of Sardinia.Admire the splendid architecture and get the classic feel of an ancient Italian town.
3.Be amazed at Neptune's Grotto.The best way to see these caves is to take a boat tour from the port of Alghero for the bargain price of 10 Euros.
4. Visit the capital Cagliari, both modern and cosmopolitan the old town has picturesque charm in abundance.Castello is the oldest and most interesting part of the city with it's monuments narrow alleys and Piazzas. look out for the stunning domed 5Th Century church, the Basicla of San Saturnino.
5. Take a trip on the trenino verde steam train.(Little Green Train), a vintage steam locomotive that puffs its way through forests, over bridges and through tunnels into some of the island's most scenic mountain areas the best way to admire the Islands magnificent scenery.
6. Relax on the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean. Sardinia has some amazingly clear water, try the busy and touristic Costa Smeralda or if you prefer somewhere quiet Li Coggi beach is highly recommended.
7. Sample some of the marvellous food and drink Sardinia has to offer. Try a wine tasting tour, Cannona is the local wine and has a strong body.Try the delicious Culurgiones which is a ravioli style pasta filled with pecorino cheese. and mint.The rustic pizzas will have you coming back for more.
8. Take a relaxing walk around Orto Botanico, which is one of Italy's most famous botanical gardens.Wander around its many fountains and enormous trees. Make sure you explore the Roman mining tunnels that are carved into the garden's rock walls.
Engross yourself in some real Sardinian culture and head for Nuoro, situated in the centre of the island.Marvel at the old town features, where highlights include the Ethnographic Museum, with its fantastic handicraft collections.
10.Try horse riding at the Giara di Gesturi for a once-in-a-lifetime experience Sardinia has a long tradition of horse riding , and you can go trekking in the hills or plod along on the beaches.
- New York Holiday Review.New York Attractions
- Las Vegas Holiday Review. Las Vegas Attractions
- Holidays in Florida- Best Theme Park Rides in Orland...
- The Wizarding World Harry Potter Universal Studi...
- Holidays in Hawaii-Waikiki Beach Review
- Holidays in Mexico-Ten things to do in the Mayan Ri...
- Holiday in America-Miami from a Unique Route
More by this Author
A little pale in the face, but then his name is White. From the mouth of Ted Lowe, one of snookers greatest commentators Read theTop Twenty Best Snooker Quotes- The Commentators.
Here are many great snooker quotes from the great players.Champions Steve Davis Ronnie O'Sullivan and Alex Higgins.
Alex Higgins was a snooker legend. To his fans he will always be remembered as the peoples champion. Her are a few things the world of snooker have said about Alex Higgins.