Summer at the Theme Parks

1. talfonso profile image90
    talfonsoposted 6 years ago

I recently visited Universal's Islands of Adventure to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and I have something to say on that evening, besides how awesome the thrill rides are and how things have changed.

I just experienced a typical Central Florida summer there. (Don't get me wrong - I've been to those situations before many times as a frequent visitor!) When I arrived, I felt the steaminess and stickiness that usually accompanies the season, but that's just the small part of it. At that time, it was crowded with out-of-state families who want to have some fun in the Orlando area and locals like me. Also, I saw about five turismos: two Argentinean youth herds and three Brazilian tour groups (or respectively, two sets of Tango Muggles and three sets of Samba Muggles), and they are common sights at the time of year because of winter vacations in their nations. Luckily, save for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, the crowds thinned out over time at my last visit because I did it in the evening as opposed to morning to midday. It just makes a world of difference in wait times, even without a Universal Express pass on hand.

Have you visited any Central Florida theme park (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, SeaWorld Orlando, Universal Studios Florida, and the aforementioned Universal's Islands of Adventure) lately? Tell me what you've seen and experienced and tell me how you felt about it!