jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone have any ideas why may cat likes to roll on his back on the floor?

1. Wombara profile image58
    Wombaraposted 7 years ago

Does anyone have any ideas why may cat likes to roll on his back on the floor?

2. jamestedmondson profile image60
    jamestedmondsonposted 7 years ago

Well Wombara, your cat is a cat, and cats do a lot of stuff like that. Cats are free spirits. Just ask your cat.

3. profile image55
    TG Carlinposted 7 years ago

Because it feels good.

I have nine cats (that's right, 9) and they all do it. The younger they are the better they seem to like it. Four of my nine are under 2 years old, they roll around on their backs a lot. Two are over 14, they rarely  do it, I believe because they get sore bones, joints and muscles just like people do, so it is harder for them to move around in general.

But, yeah, they do it because it feels good.

4. Liz Green Berry profile image74
    Liz Green Berryposted 6 years ago

I too possess 9 WHOLE cats!!  (small world)  They all engage in this behavior.  I assume - as mentioned - it probably feels good... especially if you have pointy carpet that scratches all the right places.

My other guess is as follows:  kitty will do this at home to show ultimately relaxation and ease since this exposes his soft, furry underbelly -  exposure of which could make him vulnerable to predators so it follows he would only do it at home where he's happy and unafraid of attack.

working