jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can someone tell me about the dog breed below in the pic.

1. Rooskaya profile image46
    Rooskayaposted 6 years ago

Can someone tell me about the dog breed below in the pic.

It's really cute and I am trying to find out its breed (name) in order to have one.Any info about the name of the breed and details are highly appreciated.Thanks.

2. parrster profile image85
    parrsterposted 6 years ago

I think you might be mistaken, isn't that a polar bear smile

3. keepitnatural profile image73
    keepitnaturalposted 6 years ago

He looks like a white german shepherd to me, we have one & he looked just like this when we very first got him.
    Please bare in mind that they can grow 'very big' -our dog, Basil, is huge now & weighs over 8 stone!
    I'm struggling to find a picture of when he was so young, before his ears started pointing up to compare, but I have one of him now...
    I hope this helps!

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Could be be a samoyed?  You might Google that breed and see if the puppy pictures match.

5. NorthEast Timber profile image60
    NorthEast Timberposted 6 years ago

Looks like my Great Pyrennes when she was a pup.  If it is they are great farm dogs.  She loves cats and you will often see a bunch of them laying on top of her during the winter. When a cat comes into the yard she will run up to them and smell them to make sure they are one of hers and only then can they procede onto the yard.They are suspicious of strangers, but not aggressive, and will not let anyone get close to her unless we are talking to them, then she sits on their feet.  She spends her nights patrolling our farm and chasing away everything from coyotes and stray dogs to owls.  I have also seen her barking at birds flying overhead that might be looking to snag a chicken or two.

6. Mr Grimwig profile image55
    Mr Grimwigposted 6 years ago

I believe that is an Akita. Akitas are dominant, loving, protective, and intelligent dogs best for the experienced dog owner. They can have aggression problems and need someone experienced in dog behavior to lead and control them. I wouldn't recommend them to most people.

Oh, and dogs quickly outgrow their puppy looks. I do not recommend purchasing a dog because they look cute.

7. Shaddie profile image90
    Shaddieposted 6 years ago

It is obviously an Akita. Look at the jowls, that is not the face of a German shepherd or a Pyrenees. And it CERTAINLY is not a polar bear...