jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you like going to the zoo ?

1. Abhaque Supanjang profile image81
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Do you like going to the zoo ?

I don't like going to the zoo. It is so sad to see the animal sitting, running about sadly in their cage and hope for some foods from the visitors. They don't deserve to get it. But in the other side, some of them live in danger if they are let to live in their natural environment. I don't want to go to the zoo.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5212908_f260.jpg

2. FishAreFriends profile image78
    FishAreFriendsposted 6 years ago

I think it's okay for them to have rare, endangered species. They can research them and breed them.  I think it is also ok for them to have injured animals, or rescues of the exotic pet trade that probably wouldn't live in the wild. Some of the cages, though, are very small.

Also, there are good and bad zoos.

I have seen some zoos where a tiger was kept in a concrete-bottom wire cage that was about only 3 times its length. All it did was pace around- that is a bad zoo- I will never go there again.

I have also seen big zoos where tigers have lots of room to roam and play. They were in a large space that was planted and decorated to make them confortable, and look like their natural habitat. That is a good zoo.

3. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I never liked Zoo and my children don't like it, either. Seeing a majestic lion trapped in a small habitat of a Zoo is depressing to me.

4. Vanessa Anderson profile image60
    Vanessa Andersonposted 6 years ago

My daughter and me love going to the zoo.  Our zoo here in our city is wonderful and all of the enclosures are nice and large, not tiny cages like I've seen in other places.  Besides us both being animal lovers, I use the zoo to also teach her about the animals.  We make it a learning trip and not just a fun trip to see animals.  I teach her about the types of animals, as well as what they eat, where they live in the wild, if they are endangered and such.

working