jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you keep backyard chickens?

1. Farmer Brown profile image67
    Farmer Brownposted 6 years ago

Do you keep backyard chickens?

Is it legal in your area?

2. shannajs profile image60
    shannajsposted 6 years ago

We don't, but my in-laws do. They love them and the eggs are awesome! In our community you are allowed to have 12 hens but you cannot have a rooster, so you need to buy the breed of chicken that can lay eggs without a rooster.

3. punacoast profile image97
    punacoastposted 6 years ago

Our neighborhood is zoned agriculture so there are not only chickens but also a few goats and horses!  We don't have any but our neighbor across the street does keep a large flock.  We often exchange papayas and avocados from our yard for fresh eggs.  Chicken manure is an excellent fertilizer!

4. tlmcgaa70 profile image77
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

i used to before my health got to bad. i loved the bantys most...and the turkeys. i learned to love turkeys like any dog or cat, they are so affectionate and curious about all you are doing. i loved to watch the chickens eating...that was a relaxing, comforting thing to do for me. and as for eggs...nothing beats turkey eggs...you dont even need to cook them in butter, they taste like they have butter in them already yikes)

5. JherusiaLhean profile image57
    JherusiaLheanposted 6 years ago

We don't have at home because of my dog...  but my grandfather do have many..

working