jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you prefer animals to people?

1. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Do you prefer animals to people?

I seem to have met a lot of people who prefer animals to other human beings. What do think makes certain people think like this and feel this way?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I have to admit, sometimes I feel like I do prefer animals over people.  Usually an animal is not going to judge you.  An animal can't talk, so it is not going to argue with you and it is not going to lie to you.  Perhaps the animal would do those things if it could talk, but we will never know.  Every now and then, I just get tired of all the drama people seem to create and I would just rather cuddle with a nice pet that won't annoy me.

3. misspeachesx profile image89
    misspeachesxposted 6 years ago

I agree with Jeannie. Animals are so much easier to be around sometimes. It's nice to be around "someone" that enjoys your company no matter how you feel, or how you look.

4. nlclark profile image59
    nlclarkposted 6 years ago

An old boss of mine had a sign on her office door that said "The more I know people, the more I like my dog.".  I found it humorous, but somewhat true.

After a long day at work, dealing with people and their bad attitudes, or simply rude behaviors, or impoliteness, I come home to my dog.  My dog is so happy to see me.  She acts like I'm a goddess and I have blessed her with my presence.  She is never rude or impolite, and she would give anything to lie down next to me with a good book or movie, and it's my choice, she doesn't care which I pick, she's just happy to be near me.

Maybe that's why.  No conflict.  No confrontation. No thought-provoking ideas, criticisms or suggestions, just me and you loving each other's company.  Simple.

5. profile image57
    consentinoposted 6 years ago

You know what, sometimes I do.  Animals, especially dogs are so loyal.  My dog loves me no matter what.  You can be gone 2 minutes and come back, you pet acts as though you have been gone for hours.  Definitely a man's and woman's best friend.

www.petsareagift.com

6. Cresentmoon2007 profile image71
    Cresentmoon2007posted 6 years ago

The truth is yes, I do. I have a mental illness and because of this I really get uncomfortable when being around people. Animals are my friends. Yes I have a few friends that I do spend time with but it will always come down to me enjoying animals more.

working