jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

I'm a dog person. My girlfriend is a cat person. Will you help us settle this?

1. cydro profile image87
    cydroposted 6 years ago

I'm a dog person.  My girlfriend is a cat person.  Will you help us settle this?

Please support me with evidence haha.  I won't vote you down if you like cats though!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5193854_f260.jpg

2. Sunny Barb profile image61
    Sunny Barbposted 6 years ago

Why can't you have both?  I happen to be both a cat and dog lover.  There are pros and cons for both.  Dogs are more dependent, but I have had several cats that act like dogs.  So, you have to decide...litter box or leashes... I will say that dogs love to eat out of the litter boxes...just saying.  Both are truly awesome pets to have.  I didn't really help your case, but that is my take.  Good luck!

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Think of it this way: the dog is like a toddler; always playful full of energy. The cat is like a baby; likes to cuddle and just be at peace.

4. Kristeen profile image73
    Kristeenposted 6 years ago

I have had dogs and cats all my life. They were always good friends to each other. My little poodle/Lasa would lay down and roll over onto his back beside my cat and wait to have  his belly groomed. Both are wonderful pets and a welcome edition to the family unit.

5. Temirah profile image82
    Temirahposted 6 years ago

I agree with Sunny Barb and Kristeen - 'Or' is a bore, so have both and you never know you might even get to like cats!  Furry friends are just great to have around.

6. profile image0
    Travis_S_Musicposted 6 years ago

I must say, I am a dog person. But my family currently has two dogs and a cat. This cat we have is probably the best we've ever had. She doesn't tear things up, she's friendly, lovable, and loves to play. Her and our dogs get a long very well. She likes to sneak up on our big dog and try to tackle him. I would have to agree with the others that say just have both. I've grown fond of the cat. The thing is though, you literally HAVE to let the cat pick you. This was the first time we let the cat pick us, and it definitely makes a major difference in how the cat acts.

7. Jonesy0311 profile image59
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

Dog. Start with a nice gentle breed. I love my Lab. If you're worried about shedding get a nice short-hair. And the bigger the better. If they're trained properly, a large-breed dog is much less rambuxious and more loving.

8. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

I once mixed vanilla and chocolate ice cream.  I got Chanilla!
    It was delicious, you both should try it.

The meaning of the parable is that chocolate has much to offer, as does vanilla.  To stick to one, means you will never know the delight of the other.

In other words, a dog or a cat or both,  can be  delightful pals and companions.  If you only want a pet rather than a true friend, get a goldfish.

9. northweststarr profile image77
    northweststarrposted 6 years ago

Depends on the time you wanna take with a pet.  If you aren't home for the majority of the day, get a cat.  Whichever of you is home the most should have their pick.  Be advised that both can be destructive to your home if left untended for long periods of time, so if you do decide to get a pet, arrange for someone to at least check in on them every 3-4 hours if not less.

10. BabyCheetah profile image76
    BabyCheetahposted 6 years ago

You should get one of each and get them young so they will be friends. I think it's good to have one of each as they are so different. But depends what you want I guess smile

11. jkselections profile image60
    jkselectionsposted 6 years ago

We have two cats which we love, we also like dogs although we do not own any right now.  Both are lovable and good pets when taken care of properly.

12. moonfairy profile image82
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I have a dog and would love a cat, but Zack (the dog) is old and set in his ways and won't allow any attention paid to any other form of animal. If you do get both, I would say get a kitten and a puppy at the same time so they can grow together. A dog is a great companion and can be quite entertaining....and a cat is a great snuggler -)

13. Jenne Joy profile image60
    Jenne Joyposted 6 years ago

I don't see why you can't have both! We have 3 rescue cats and 1 dog. :]

14. profile image0
    u01dtj6posted 6 years ago

If you can, have one of each. If you bring them up together, they will be great friends. I used to have a cat, which chased dogs!

15. profile image56
    consentinoposted 6 years ago

Why do you have to settle it.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and likes  and dislikes.  If your sister likes cats and you like dogs, whats the big deal.
    I don't like cats at all, yet I don't care if anyone else does. 

www.petsareagift.com
    cat condo, pet strollers and beds

working