jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Did you have any pets when you were young?

1. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

Did you have any pets when you were young?

2. profile image0
    HubTubposted 6 years ago

Yes, I had a cat which (my parents) brought back to the United States from Egypt.  I lived in Heliopolis, Egypt, for a couple of years.  I also owned a guinea pig in my youth.

3. DonnaCosmato profile image95
    DonnaCosmatoposted 6 years ago

Yes, I've always had a dog. During the time my kids were at home, we had cats, which naturally led to kittens, hamsters, gerbils, snakes and frogs. Fortunately, they have all moved on to their own homes, and we are back to one cat and one dog heaven:)

4. Ana Teixeira profile image81
    Ana Teixeiraposted 6 years ago

3 cats. loved them all! smile. It's great to have pets, it teaches a child, specially an "only child" like me, to take responsability for the well being of another creature!

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image58
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

Yes, I had a German Shepherd companion at the age of 10 months before my sister arrived on the scene.

6. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 6 years ago

Yes, I had a couple of hamsters during my younger years. I loved them because they were warm and fuzzy and would eat treats out of my hand.

7. Minnetonka Twin profile image88
    Minnetonka Twinposted 6 years ago

Yes, I had a black lab mix and she was one of my best buddies. We had so much fun together and she was very protective over me. When I was in 8th grad I had open heart surgery and when I was recuperating, Spooky would lay beside my bed and watch over me. Having Spooky as a kid made me a pet person and now I have two black lab mixes and one looks just like my childhood dog Spooky. We named our new dog (Spooky) after our childhood dog.

8. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

Yes, we had a terrier and a German Shepherd. The terrier was given to me for my 1st birthday by my grandfather. The shepherd was given to the family by an aunt. They were both good dogs and very protective of their kids. When the terrier died from a reaction to an arthritis shot, my mom got a miniature long-haired dachshund. We also had birds, fish, frogs, and lizards. There was even a cat in there. We always had a small zoo at our house.

9. shamelabboush profile image67
    shamelabboushposted 6 years ago

All my life, I had pets many times specially cats and I still do.

10. onegoodwoman profile image75
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Oh, my, yes!

I lived on a farm.

cows, ducks, pigs, chickens, turkeys, donkeys, cats and dogs galore.

at some points, we tamed rabbits,pigeons, raccoons, turtles and once, a lone fox pup.

I have never had a horse........strange, isn't it , a farm with no horse.

My Granddad, said, the only difference between a horse and a mule,

was that a horse would work himself to death, and the mule, would stop
    and say.................no more!

11. breakfastpop profile image90
    breakfastpopposted 6 years ago

I had a parakeet named Chalka. He was absolutely brilliant. He would call my name when the phone rang, sit on the phone receiver when I was talking and join in on the conversation. This bird was college material!

12. kgyou profile image60
    kgyouposted 6 years ago

When I was young I had a tom cat named Tiger.  He was a beautiful cat and quite independent.  I also had 3 dogs - not all at the same time.  One Cocker Spaniel, a mixed breed dog named Friskey and one Basset Hound named Petunia.  They were all wonderful pets.

13. urgurl_bri profile image83
    urgurl_briposted 6 years ago

Yes, when I was 5 I got a cat named Smokey. I had him until he passed away when I was about 17.   I also had some other random cats and dogs at different times, usually strays, that we would keep until we could find them a different home.

14. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 6 years ago

I always had pets when I was growing up. My favorites were my kitties. I still have cats and I like them very much. They are funny company. I love all animals but cats work best in my close living quarters.

working