jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (17 posts)

What pets do you have?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

What pets do you have?

I have one dog called Rocky, he's a Staffordshire bull terrier and really doesn't live up to the name. He is a sweet loving little guy that wouldn't even hurt a fly... What about you guys?

2. lilian1 profile image60
    lilian1posted 5 years ago

I have a little Pug who I adore he loves children like your dog Rocky he would never bite or be agressive to anyone ....

3. teikounosenshi profile image58
    teikounosenshiposted 5 years ago

One dog and five fire bellied toads - not counting numerous crickets for the toads to eat and a common sagebrush lizard to keep the crickets busy.

4. DrMark1961 profile image99
    DrMark1961posted 5 years ago

Chickens count, right? They are supposed to lay eggs and support themselves but they actually eat more food per week than produce. I guess that makes them pets.
    I also have a beautiful and boring Tegu lizard. He lays around a lot, is an expert at finding a sunny spot. He is about 1.5 meters long but when he runs off to hide he can get into some really small spaces; my great dog will point him out and bark to let me know where he is hiding.
    No crickets though! I do have geckos running all over my house and some tree frogs living in my kitchen, but they dont count as pets, just neighbors.

5. Eve Mitchell profile image59
    Eve Mitchellposted 5 years ago

I have four cats, all mixed-breeds and all rescues.  Gizmo is the oldest, at 11 and a half years of age, and still frequently acts like a kitten.  My sister's roommate adopted her, and then abandoned her, and my sister couldn't care for her and her other pets on her own, so we took her in. 

Aria is the next oldest at nearly 9 years of age and will purr at just about anything that is remotely interpreted by her as attention.  She wandered into our backyard one afternoon and wouldn't leave, so she got adopted. 

Chase and Kali are the youngest at just under 3 years of age, and are brother and sister.  They were a pair of orphaned kittens found by my other sister, and were so young at the time they had to be bottle-fed.  She had 3 pets of her own and her lease only allowed 2, so she was looking for homes for them.  We adopted them at just under 3 weeks of age and raised them from there.

6. brackenb profile image80
    brackenbposted 5 years ago

I have a terrier called bracken (see photo), ducks, bantams, quail, many horses and a lamb!  Doesn't leave me much time for anything else!

1. sarahmoose profile image79
      sarahmooseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow, a full menagerie!!! If I had the time, and the space, I would have loads of animals.

7. jennzie profile image86
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

I have a hairless Chinese Crested, three cats, a Guinea Pig, and three African Dwarf Frogs.

8. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

I have two cats, Twiggy and PC and a Quaker Parrot, Piccolo.

I've had Twiggy since he was only 5 weeks old, he was a runt, taken from his mother way too soon and had to be fed formula. He's now a 20 pound cat! lol

PC was a cat who lived on my mom's porch for over a year. She names him PC which stands for Porch Cat. He got hurt one day, had a huge hole in his neck so she took him to the vets, got him fixed up and my husband and I took him in and he's been with us since. The sweetest cat I have ever known! Even chased down our car when he was still living on the porch, meowing and all. He just wanted a home and some love. He's got both now!

And Piccolo was a gift from my Husband for our anniversary. He's going on 5 months at the end of August. He's already learning to talk. He's pretty stubborn though!

9. innerspin profile image93
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

A little cat decided to live here last year. I'm not sure if she's our pet or if we are hers. She can let herself in the house via bedroom windows on the first floor. Her hobbies include catching frogs, which can lead to arguments with her humans, and sniffing armpits.

10. lannm profile image60
    lannmposted 5 years ago

I have a shorty Jack Russell and a rescue dog (not sure of the make up). I love my guys and would have a ton if I could manage them... They love you unconditional.

1. Eve Mitchell profile image59
      Eve Mitchellposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So you'd be the crazy dog lady, huh?  I hear ya, if I could I'd be the crazy cat lady.  ;-)

11. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

3 large dogs, a lab, a rescue German shepherd and a Leonberger.  Lots of dog hair around here!  But they are all family and I wouldn't trade even one of them.

12. DS Duby profile image93
    DS Dubyposted 5 years ago

I have a gorgeous male Brindle American Bulldog named Loki that's about 10 months old and a 4 ft python named Kane that is about 2 years old and 11 months ago I buried my best friend a 12 year old Brindle Boxer named Hercules, I couldn't leave him out.

13. afriqnet profile image50
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

I have a German Shepherd and he is the best Pet ever. I am looking forward to adopting one more possibly a Collie would be a great pet too.

14. MomsTreasureChest profile image88
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

A new puppy, a cat about 6 years old, and a beta fish.

15. sarahmoose profile image79
    sarahmooseposted 5 years ago

I have a cat called Pepper, and a rabbit called bongo. They both live up to their names; Pepper makes me sneeze a lot, and Bongo is mad, just like his name!!

working