jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you buy perfume or fragrances for your pet.

1. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 6 years ago

Do you buy perfume or fragrances for your pet.

2. Etherealenigma profile image81
    Etherealenigmaposted 6 years ago

No. They can't stand it. They run the minute they hear any sort of aerosol spraying going on. Even if I try to put some on my hands and then sneak and rub it on them, the minute they smell perfume, they run. They know all my tricks, and aside from having my son hold them down, I can't get anything past them. I have four cats.

3. angie ashbourne profile image60
    angie ashbourneposted 6 years ago

The only time I use a perfume or fragrance for my dog, when she  has  had a run in with a skunk  ( small mammal, black with a white marking,  spray  offensive odour when frightened ) Bath in tomato juice and perfume.

4. Dragonrain profile image85
    Dragonrainposted 6 years ago

Nope.  I groom my dog regularly and feed him a good diet and that's enough to keep him from smelling bad.  So I have no reason to ever use perfume or any kind of fragrance on him.

5. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I would never do that to my dog. Their sense of smell is so much stronger than ours, it just has to be offensive to them. I do use a hand pump odor neutralizer but it is unscented. He usually gets a bath often enough to keep him from smelling bad but too many will give them skin problems from drying it out.