jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you a dog person or a cat person? Why?

1. TheLifeExperiment profile image59
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

Are you a dog person or a cat person? Why?

2. akeezer profile image82
    akeezerposted 5 years ago

Cat cat cat cat cat person definitely. I love the independence that cats have while also wanting your attention. Dogs get too excited and always want to be pet or be in your lap, which is cool and everything except I don't want it 24/7. Cats will be off by themselves and when they want to, they come over and purr for your attention. They smell a lot better than dogs too.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I'm a total dog person.  I really don't care for cats (see the down arrows fly now!).  It is just a personal preference on my part - I don't think one is better than the other.  I just have always had dogs and love their companionship.

4. Dragonrain profile image86
    Dragonrainposted 5 years ago

Dog person here!  Strangely I use to think I was more of a cat person, but then I actually got experience owning both a cat and a dog and discovered that I'm a total dog person.   

I have nothing against cats though.  I just personally much prefer dogs.

My dog doesn't smell at all! smile  As long as you keep them well groomed and on a good food they usually don't get that doggy odor.  Actually I personally think dogs smell much better than cats, not because cats themselves smell but because you have to deal with their litter boxes being inside the house.  My dog just goes to the bathroom outside so I never have to worry about smelling his waste inside my home smile

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Neither - although I understand dogs more than I do cats. I used to be a "dog person" until I adopted my first cat and was converted. Now I love both cats and dogs. They are different, but both are friendly and affectionate. Both species are comprised of individuals within the species who may be more or less cat or dog-like. I like my pets as individuals, not because they are either a dog or cat.

6. HubertBarlow profile image57
    HubertBarlowposted 5 years ago

I really love cats! they are so sweet... I love sleeping with them...

7. petenali profile image88
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

I fear my earlier answer may have been a little harsh - hence the deletion ;-(

I prefer dogs because they are not selfish. 
    A dog seeks to please it's owner, a cat seeks to please itself. 
    A dog will come when called, a cat will look at your disdainfully and stay where it is.
    A dog will protect you, a cat will click into self preservation mode (actually it never leaves that mode).
    A dog can be enjoyed as a social pet on family hikes, a cat is antisocial
    A dog looks nice, a cat doesn't.

working