jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

If you were to have a pet dog, what breed would it be?

1. thesingernurse profile image81
    thesingernurseposted 6 years ago

If you were to have a pet dog, what breed would it be?

And why?

2. badegg profile image76
    badeggposted 6 years ago

An Australian Shepherd. They are very bright and obedient.

3. kgarcia1113 profile image71
    kgarcia1113posted 6 years ago

American Pit Bull Terrier, because they are loyal, smart and quick learners. But my other favorite is mutt. I love mutts cause they are usually a little goofy looking depending on what all breeds they are and they tend to have fewer health problems compared to pure bred dogs.

4. amandakjones profile image67
    amandakjonesposted 6 years ago

Any type of mix breed...they have less health problems!

5. collegatariat profile image83
    collegatariatposted 6 years ago

If it were a small dog it would be a Scottie because they aren't as high-pitched and yippy as most of the little breeds. If it were a larger kind an Irish Setter because they're incredibly intelligent and have lots of energy.

6. profile image81
    rmcleveposted 6 years ago

My ideal dog would be an English Springer Spaniel/Labrador mix! I grew up with Springers and love them. Labradors are a natural companion. The combination should help the dog prevent certain health problems.

Really though, I like all dogs!

7. afriqnet profile image50
    afriqnetposted 6 years ago

If you are looking for an intelligent and easy to train dog I would recommend that you choose a GSD.

8. blaeberry profile image60
    blaeberryposted 5 years ago

It would have to be a Labrador, preferably a chocolate colored one.  They are so cute and make excellent pets.

9. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 5 years ago

I would choose a labrador, because labradors are gentle, loving dogs - I know, because as a teenager, I had a black lab and she was very gentle.  I used to love taking her out for walks at the park.

Since that time as a teen, I have not had a dog, because over the years I have developed such allergies, that it wouldn't be at all practical for me.  But if I could have a dog again, definitely a lab.

1. kgarcia1113 profile image71
      kgarcia1113posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ummm sorry to rain on your parade but check this out http://hubpages.com/t/2f93bf totally worth the time.

10. am301986 profile image58
    am301986posted 5 years ago

The golden retreiver is an excellent choice for families that enjoy lots of outdoor activities. Though originally developed to help hunt birds, the golden rapidly proved himself as a loyal and devoted family member.

working