jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Any indestructible dog toys out there?

1. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago

Any indestructible dog toys out there?

I want to get a toy for my dog-nephew (the guy in the photo, who sleeps with his eyes open and his tongue out) for Christmas, but he chews through everything so fast that it seems a waste sometimes. He has a Kong, but he gets bored with it. I want to get him something that we can use to play with him because he really likes that. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8538923_f260.jpg

2. jandee profile image56
    jandeeposted 4 years ago

Hello, My Boxers have had a squeaky for years now and they love it so much that we have to hide it----------noise !
    Wish I could show it to you as I find it hard to describe-think it's a mouse.

3. Janis Goad profile image88
    Janis Goadposted 4 years ago

My Border Collie loves to chase and fetch, and chews through everything pretty fast, too.  I have found a few good toys:
    -- real tennis balls  last pretty long.  The cheap toy balls from the pet store or Walmart only last five minutes.
    --Kongs are the best--we have a few of different sizes and degrees of firmness, and I vary the one we play with.  She likes that they bounce in unpredictable directions, and she tries to catch them in midair.
    --Kong on a rope is good, too--she brings it back, and we play tug with it.  When I had two dogs, they would tug each other.
    --Kong Frisbee is great--it is durable, black, flexible plastic, and she chews it without breaking off pieces.

4. datahound profile image67
    datahoundposted 4 years ago

The Kong is a great toy.  I doubt if there are any 100% indestructible toys.  My Labradors have even destroyed original Kongs.  Have you tried stuffing the Kong with something.  Dog treats, some peanut butter, cheese whiz, etc.  You can even load it with peanut butter and freeze it for some cool fun.  I have two large Kongs that I jam a large Milkbone in each before I leave.  No separation anxiety in my house.

working