jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do you struggle with pet hair?

1. WheelerWife profile image91
    WheelerWifeposted 2 years ago

Do you struggle with pet hair?

What are your best tips for keeping things clean?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12670374_f260.jpg

2. Misfit Chick profile image71
    Misfit Chickposted 2 years ago

What a great pic to go along with this question, ha! Yeah, I struggle with pet hair. I have three cats that shed like crazy in the summertime. I have three weapons:

1) Lots of pets and brushing with their favorite brush. (Each cat has their own favorite.) Petting alone helps, but brushing - even moreso.

2) A damp cloth that is dipped in a half water, half Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg's ACV 'with the mother') solution that I use to brush hair and debris from along the edges of a room before I vacuum it - and I vacuum at least once a day during summer; although I usually only do the edge cleaning once a week or so. That mixture helps create an inhospitable environment for things like fleas and other small, icky critters. (If you have a spider problem, use a diluted spray with peppermint extract after the first layer dries. Spiders hate that; plus peppermint smells good and makes you feel perkier. wink

3) For really stubborn things like clothes (or a coat that was temporarily used as a cat bed because I didn't hang it up) - good 'ol fashioned tape. Any kind of tape will do in a pinch, but wide duct tape or packaging tape works the best.

Meow!

WheelerWifeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Misfit Chick - what great tips! I will have to try duct tape to save a little on all the lint rollers I buy!

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

My old cat is 15 years old, her hair kept shedding, out she goes of the house

4. Diana Lee profile image82
    Diana Leeposted 2 years ago

My small short haired dogs sheds.  White hairs everywhere, but usually not as noticeable if I avoid wearing black.

My son has a fawn colored Pug. He bought his sectional sofa the same color as the dog. He said, "This way the hair doesn't show."

WheelerWifeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

LOL Diana Lee - that is the best tip!! Match your furniture to your animal....may have to try that...

5. vickiholder profile image79
    vickiholderposted 2 years ago

I don't struggle with pet hair. I just accept it as a fashion accessory.

6. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

I have a white kitten and I do dread the hair thing! I'd say never wear black if you have pet hair problems!

working