Acrylic Picture Frames
If you've got some photos laying around the house that you're looking to put into picture frames, then look no further than acrylic for your framing needs. Durable and reasonably priced, acrylic may be the perfect solution to help put your favorite family and vacation moments into perspective.
Acrylic picture frames
When it comes to using plastic for your picture frames, there are typically two types; Acrylic and polycarbonate. Now, polycarbonate is extremely durable and weather resistant, but will turn a yellowish tint with the passing of time. Typically you'll find this material in polycarbonate roofing materials than you will in arts and crafts items like picture frames or matting. Succinctly put, polycarbonates are not suitable for picture framing.
This is good to keep in mind as you search for an affordable way to display your personal moments, because you'll want picture frames that are durable, elegant and affordable. For your framing needs, you may need look no further that acrylics.
Acrylic picture frames at Amazon.com
Acrylic is by far the best plastic material for picture frame glazing, because of its durability, affordability and because it comes with built-in UV protection to help keep your pictures safe from the harmful rays emitted by the sun.
Clear acrylic is made by many manufacturers, making it readily available for purchase and competitively priced, which will go a long way towards not impinging on your budget. Acrylic picture frames also come in many thickness ratios, ranging from incredibly thin to more than an inch thick. The thicker versions look like protective glass that you may find in bank teller windows or check-cashing joints.
Benefits of Acrylic Picture Frames
- Durability - The strength and resistance of plastics is well documented, and you gain all the benefits of those characteristics with acrylic picture frames
- Price - Acrylics are very reasonably priced
- Lightweight - Acrylics are as lightweight as they are functional
- Availability - Acrylics are common for items such as picture frames, making them readily abundant and easy to find. Just visit your local Wal-mart for a vast selection, or check out the frames listed by Amazon.com on the right hand side of this Hubpage
- Ease of use - Acrylic picture frames are ideal for homemaking because they are just so darned easy to clean. Just wipe with a dry cloth and Voila! Clean! In fact, you should never use liquid cleaners when maintaining your picture frames. The liquids may bleed through, causing damage to you valuable photos
- Range of size availability - Acrylic picture frames come in all shapes and sizes to fit your framing needs
acrylic picture frames even come in fun little shapes and sizes, like a box or cube designed to display several pictures on its 6 sides, depending on how you orientate the object. The sky's the limit when it comes to finding the right acrylic fro your picture framing needs.
All in all, placing your precious photos into an acrylic frame will be a much more elegant solution then, say... taping your pictures to the wall, and will serve to protect your memories from the elements and an passersby who may not respect your belongings...
Design your own Hubpages
- Hubpages - so easy a caveman can do it
Getting started with hubpages is so darn easy, why even a caveman could do it. Sorry for the blatantly obvious pop culture reference, but it truly is a fact. Hubpages is incredibly user friendly in nature,...
- Add Style With A Window Scarf Valance | Crock Pot Living
A window scarf valance is a simple way to add a splash of color and elegance to a room.
- Choose the Right Christmas Tree Lights | Crock Pot Living
With the financial crisis just edging it might be quite difficult for people to buy new Christmas decorations. Given that people are always looking for means to save money this may also apply to the fact of choosing Christmas tree lights.
- Plastic Martini Glasses
Plastic martini glasses?! The very mention of such a vessel probably sends shivers down the spines of every martini snob this side of the moon...